Old 08-28-2005, 12:34 PM   #1  
Proud US Navy Wife

Default Anybody else have this problem????? (Kinda icky)

Ok everyone, I'm comming all out, and asking about something somewhat embarassing to me because I want to know if I am the only one here!

I've had a skin problem since I was 12... not the normal acne-filled face (though I have had that too). They are sort of like boils.. they get really big and they hurt, and then they pop and puss and bleed and icky stuff like that, then fade away and become scars until they come again. It started between my boobs.. those don't even pop up anymore, now they are in my underarms and one *cringe* on my butt.

I used to go to the doctor about them, but all he would say was to put hot water on them and I might need surgery. This was after having them for years.. I'd discovered the hot water on my own, because they were the only thing that made them stop hurting so much.

I'd done some research online, and found what they are.. skin abcesses (I dont know if I spelled that right) What I read said that it frequently came to overweight people, as a result of sweat collecting. So what I'm wondering is, am I the only wierd one with this?

Sorry that it's an icky and somewhat personal post.
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:42 PM   #2  

No you are not the only one. I haven't had one in a long time but I used to get them also in random weird spots on my body. They suck big time. But just thought i would let you know that someone else has shared the pain.
abinormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 02:06 PM   #3  
Sara G.

Yeah, I get them too, on my butt and on my inner thighs where I get a lot of friction. They do suck! And hurt.
Laila_girl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 02:30 PM   #4  
ONE DAY AT A TIME

I Have Also Had Them, Recently One Under My Arm, I Went To The Doctor And He Put Me On Antibiotics(sp?). I Went As Soon As I Noticed The Bump, Before It Came To A Head. The Antibiotics Helped Alot! Might Want To Ask Your Doctor? I Hope This Helps!!!
Alchina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:19 PM   #5  

My hubby had a couple because of weight. You may want to check again with your doc though because I had 1 on my scalp and some on my underarms (along with 2 in my unmentionable places which REALLY hurt) and it was because my sugar was high due to diabetes. It could just be due to weight and sweat but you may want to check it out. I had 4 or 5 within 4 months (along with a ton of yeast infections) and haven't had any in the past 2 years I've been on my meds.

Just a thought! You are not alone!
Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:46 PM   #6  

I have had them before. I use warm or hot water water on them to draw the pus out, and put Neosporin on them.
DonnaJean0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:48 PM   #7  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

I had one once, and my roommate who is larger has them a lot on her inner thighs.
See, so you aren`t alone!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:16 PM   #8  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

My DH is very fit, but being that we are down in this heat and humidity he gets them on his thighs and sometimes his neck pretty often. I end up putting a hot compress on them and then extracting out the puss/blood. I feel so bad for him, and you!! They totally suck!
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:43 PM   #9  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I had something like that on my chest for years from when I was around 12 until very recently. My doctor just said it was a bad case of acne and gave me antibiotics (I had pimples on the top of my chest, and the really nasty ones on my breasts, and she only ever saw the ones on the top), which helped. I am also on the pill which supposedly helps with acne, I don't know if it's related to that. What I am guessing has helped me the most is washing my chest every day with Clearasil daily face wash. Obviously that wouldn't help if they appear at random places though. I do get pimples on my butt sometimes, I think it's from sweat.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 12:37 AM   #10  
Proud US Navy Wife

*sigh of relief* I'm glad I'm not alone! I just keep hoping they go away.. *sigh* Ah well. At least the hot water helps. Thank you all for your advice.. going to a doctor about this is on my "to-do" list when i get back on my dad's insurance.
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 03:11 AM   #11  

OH MAN! Those things suck! I started getting them at least 8 years ago. I would usually get them on my inner things. Sometimes they would be smaller, but sometimes those suckers would be huge. I didn's see anyone mention it, but garlic pills help. The capsules with garlic oil in them, not the actually tablet. You can try the tablet, but I have'nt so I dont know if the work. They are VERY helpful. They have saved me from a lot of suffering. I don't get them as much as I used to and I used to get them at least two at a time...all the time. Now, they are a rare occasion. Hope that helps!
Universityprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 11:19 AM   #12  
LivingDeadGirl

S/C/G: 325/250/165

butt and inner thighs here too...not so fun...and yes hot water and neosporin helps...and anything you can do to keep the bacteria out so it doesn't happen too much...my gyn said to use an antibacterial body wash in those areas along with your nether region...anywhere that's pron to smell or get boils...but not on the rest of your body because it's drying...seems to work
Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:19 AM   #13  

My mil gets them when she eats citrus. My dh and 2 of our kids have citrus intolerances. So it could also be something that you eat.
my3kidlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 05:57 PM   #14  
LivingDeadGirl

S/C/G: 325/250/165

hmm good point
Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:50 PM   #15  

I used to get them a lot on my inner thighs and waist area. They are very painful and nasty. I usually put hot compresses on them until they pop. I have also tries soaking in a bathtub after they pop with Tea Tree Oil in order to kill any germs or bacteria. Since I was on anti-biotics for a tooth infection I have not had them in a while. I have also heard that they come from an infection in the blood that will pool into an area where the skin is irritatesd (from rubbing and/or sweating)
jld528 is offline   Reply With Quote