Old 08-28-2005, 09:05 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Talking Weekly Chat Aug 29 - Sept 5

Oops......This'll be for tomorrow. Wasn't thinking straight and Leenie had her thread go until today...Can we say "Duh Brenda!!!"
So go post on her other Weekly thread today
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:33 AM   #2  

Default Hi New To This Site

Hi I am new here & am looking forward to getting to know people. I have had success with this style of eating then went back to the carbs & gained alot back. I am starting fresh today & hope I will be able to share my success & strengths with others here.
angelwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:06 PM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi Angelwing, and welcome!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 08:26 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Angelwing: Welcome and can't wait to get to know you

Robin:

Well, it's a brand new day! 1/2 can of soda and then water for the rest of the day and eating ONLY what's good for me. Which means no more ice cream, chocolate and other junk filled carbs!! Won't manage to get exercise in today..but next week when the kids start school I can!!! So that's the plan. I want to weigh what I did last year at this time. THAT is my goal and I'll be happy to reach it
Hope you all had a great weekend!!
Old 08-29-2005, 09:20 AM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

morning,
I am a bit under the weather but did manage to get my bedroom cleanrd out this weekend. I can see the top of my dresser and get into the closet too. We rented a carpet cleaner and hit the bedroom carpet. I think I still need to call a pro, it still looks dirty.

I also cleand up all of the puppy stuff for Dixie to come home. Crate, bowls and leashes and stuff. I have to get out the new crate a friend lent me a puppy crate, so I am good.

I have company coming in for the weekend. We will be 9 people so I need to look at what to feed and make lists for costco and the market....and a plastic sheet so my niece can sleep in my sons bed.

Welcome angelwings, Brenda, looks like you are doing ok...
Kel, good to see you last week, I miss the old girls and wonder how you are all doing.
have a good day.
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:39 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

everyone

Bren, I fixed the date, don't sweat it LOLOL !!!! I have to look at the calendar 20 times b/4 writing it
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:01 PM   #7  
Lovin' Life

Afternoon

Well, its the first day back, and I forgot to weigh in this morning. Im already spending lots of time in the potty....I havent even got 1/2 my water in yet.

Im going to go for a bike ride with dd, and hopefully get a weight work out in.

Im cranky already

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-30-2005, 07:35 AM   #8  
Atkins Lover

Morning Everyone!!

Wasn't feeling real good yesterday, spent most of the day sleeping in lazy boy chair while kids watched tv or in the bathroom. NOT FUN!!

Welcome angelwings!!! Good luck with your journey!!!

Brenda, you are doing good with water if you are in the bathroom.

L, hope you are feeling better. Kudos to you for getting your bedroom clean...I need to do the same, maybe this weekend. Hubby works a weird 3rd shift (7:30pm to 6am) but has a long weekend so it would be the perfect time to get in there and clean.

Robin, did you get your bike ride in? That sounds so nice!! I need to go on one. I did start taping Denise Austins workouts off dish so hopefully I will start doing those once a day.

I do hate exercise though. I know it is good for me.

I have been weighing myself daily the last couple days. I am hoping to get that last pound off before my weigh in tomorrow so that I will have meet my 5lb goal for the month. I do think that I need to 'step it up' for next month and making it a little tougher on me so I will get some workouts/exercise in. I just dread that thought. I know I need to and I'm taking baby steps to do it though...real small, tiny baby steps.

Today's plan is to drink LOTS of water, get the laundry caught up, small salad for lunch (if hungry) and then for supper some leftover meatloaf and a salad while the rest of the family eats tuna noodle casserole (one of my favorite comfort foods).

Have a good day everyone!!
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 11:02 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

I screwed up yesterday....had ice cream w/chocolate syrup. Today's a brand new day and I WILL NOT screw up again!!! DH can eat whatever he wants but I am not going to!! I've GOT to get this weight off!
Ok...so that's the plan...so what's for supper J/K! Making the girls spaghetti & meat balls and saving some meatballs for myself and DH and eating a salad. I also can't believe I forgot to eat breakfast this morning!! I need to get back into the habit of things. Back to more water!! It'll be easier when the kids are back in school!
Old 08-30-2005, 12:49 PM   #10  
Lovin' Life

Your right Brenda, it will be easier when the kids are back in school. I need to get back into a routine. Yesterday didnt go so well....well it went good until I let the stress take over. I really need to get a handle on that...I havent picked up my stress book in about a week. I need to smarten up!!

Bec~ I didnt get my bike ride in, because the tire has a slow leak, and when I park my bountiful butt on it, it leaks faster By the time I got out of the driveway, I had a very low tire.

Today is another day, Im trying, and thats about the best I can do right now.

Have a great day everyone
Old 08-31-2005, 08:10 AM   #11  
Atkins Lover

Good morning all!!

Today was weigh in for me........I made my goal for the month. I lost a total of 5lbs for the month!! I'm so happy. Now I just have to figure out next months goals which I will post tomorrow.

For food yesterday I drank my 70ozs of water, a hot dog (no bun) for lunch and then a salad and 2 slices of meatloaf for supper. Oh yeah...I did take part in some of the comfort food at supper...tuna noodle casserole. I only had 1/2 of a scoop.

Today is the same basically, the water, maybe a salad for lunch and then salad and leftover meatloaf for supper while the family eats goulash with bread and fruit. YUMM! I never care for goulash usually, until now when I can't eat it by the bowl full. LOL

Lots of cleaning to do today, bills, SS lessons to prepare, letters to get out to customers and hopefully some reading.

Have a good day everyone!!
Old 09-01-2005, 06:22 AM   #12  
Atkins Lover

Hello?? Did I scare everyone away? Hope not. Yesterday was a REALLY bad day. Hopefully today will be better. My goal for this month is to lose 7lbs plus exercise at least 3x a week. I know that it is small...but I am working my way up. Hopefully I will acheive this goal. I did do good eating yesterday, it's the only thing that went well for me. I had a 1/2 of a 1/4c. of homemade goulash, a 1/2 ear of sweet corn, a salad, one slice of meatloaf and I treated myself to a caramel frappe (made with just the mix and ice and a little water). I did drink my 70ozs+ of water. I would like to up that a little bit also this month. Maybe add another 5-8ozs. Well off to finish cleaning the kitchen, cut hubby and sons hair, do daughters hair and then out on a date with hubby later tonight. First one in YEARS!!!! Have a great weekend ladies and hope you all are doing good.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:15 AM   #13  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning, all is well here, I still have a nagging cough. My ipod is on the fritz and I am expecting company...my father and his lovely bride! Some of you know the tale of her, not a person i like at all, for any reason....

I have a few errands to run, now thinking about how to bunch stuff together with the cost of gas surging, I have to fill up today too...

The pictures of the people in NO and MS is frightening. I saw on picture of 1 school buss and thousands of people wanting to get on it. I have no doubt that this Cities are going to take many many, many years to recover. People will never return to re build, and the people there now are in trouble....

Thought go out to all of those people in desparate need....
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:27 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Sorry I was MIA today. Things went from hectic to chaotic throughout the day. And won't have a chance to get online (I don't think) tomorrow. So figured I'd check in now. My plan to go soda free and up the water went down the drain. I've got to figure out WHY I can't get my butt motivated to get this weight off. I'm really hoping that having the girls start school will do it (allow me time to exercise, etc). I'd really like to see this 10 pounds drop off again. Eating has been good (except LC ice cream! ARGH! I gotta quit that.) Maybe I need to re-do induction for a couple weeks again. Maybe that'd re-do my focus!!
Old 09-01-2005, 10:29 PM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

BRENDA I SEE YOU !!!!!! BOOOO!

Yeah I'm never up this late... just can't sleep
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote