Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 02:44 PM   #1  

Question has anyone tried d4 extreme

is there anyone here who has tried d 4 extreme? it is made by cellucor i am interested in trying it but dont want to waste my money if it doesnt work thanks in advance
Old 08-27-2005, 01:09 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Looks like another overpriced, overhyped so-called 'fat burner' to me...

I checked around trying to find an ingredients listing. The company's site was, well let's say it was less than helpful. I guess they figure you'll just take their word for it, and spend $89 on a jar of something without knowing what's actually IN it.

The only place I found an ingredients listing was on a supplement site, but as the ingredients included ephedra (which as far as I know, is still banned in the US) I'm thinking this is probably old.

Proprietary Blend: 673 MG (No U.S. RDA)
Ma Huang Extract (10 MG of Ephedrine Alkaloids)*
Caffeine (125 MG of Caffeine Anhydrous)
Octopamine HCL
Evodia Extract
White Willow Bark Extract
Ginger Root Powder
Passion Flower Extract
Dandelion Root Powder
Uva Ursi Powder

My guess is that if there is an ephedra-free version, they probably did like everyone else and subsituted bitter orange...

I'd save my money.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:39 PM   #3  
manajatwa2004

My hubby purchased D4 extreme for me today at 55.00 for 120 capsules and the ingredient list on the bottle is as follows
Embelic Myrobalab Extract
Caffine(250 mgs of caffine Anhydrous)
Octopamine HCL
Evodia extract
Ampacor(adenosine monophosphate modulator)
White Will Bark Extract
Ginger Root powder
Passion flower extract
Cellulose
Rice Bran

I havent tried it yet but plan on starting tomorrow. I will keep every one interested updated on my progress
Old 12-27-2005, 11:08 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manajatwa2004
My hubby purchased D4 extreme for me today at 55.00 for 120 capsules and the ingredient list on the bottle is as follows
Embelic Myrobalab Extract
Caffine(250 mgs of caffine Anhydrous)
Octopamine HCL
Evodia extract
Ampacor(adenosine monophosphate modulator)
White Will Bark Extract
Ginger Root powder
Passion flower extract
Cellulose
Rice Bran

I havent tried it yet but plan on starting tomorrow. I will keep every one interested updated on my progress
"Embelic Myrobalab Extract"?

I googled that and it's probably supposed to be "Embelic Myrobalan" - otherwise known as the Indian Gooseberry.

Funny...I don't see anything in the page I linked about weight loss, other than 'constipation' (aha! another laxative!) and 'gout'.

More Caffeine I see...the standard ingredient in all OTC 'diet' nostrums.

Octopamine HCL - apparently this is being bandied about (by the snakeoil salespeople) as a 'potential' fat loss aid, but even the article that I found reproduced on several supplement peddling sites stated:

Quote:
Whether or not octopamine will lead to fat loss is still up in the air. There is evidence for a possible weak lipolytic effect on balance from beta agonism. However, there are also studies indicating that it increases food intake via alpha agonism, which would not be helpful on a diet.
Also mentioned in the article are studies showing that octopamine INCREASES blood pressure...which doesn't strike me as a benefit for most overweight/obese people.

Evodia extract - again other than the supp places selling it as part of a 'diet' pill, there is NOTHING that states that this is good for weight loss. Most herbal sites referred to it as being good for stopping diarrhea; also that it can be TOXIC...

White Willow Bark - similar to aspirin.

Ginger Root - for digestion (another digestive aid...) Nothin' about weight loss in Supplementwatch...

Passion flower extract - used as a sleeping aid, again nothing about weight loss...

Cellulose and Rice Bran are just fillers - cheap fiber.

If you *do* lose weight, it's not going to be because of this 'aid' (and I use the word "aid" quite loosely...) but because you did the only thing that really works - eating less and moving more!
Closed Thread