Old 08-26-2005, 09:58 AM   #1  

Default How did I get this way?

I began gaining weight when I got a job at Arby's at 16.

I was really tiny, and then I moved to a size 8. When I met dh I adopted his eating ways, and I just ballooned up to 180lbs. My highest was at 211.

Then we got married. I had a m/c and I soared to 225. We went on the atkins diet. I went down to 185, and I was hospitalized with malnutrition.

So then I began gaining weight again. I got to 218, and I became pg with my son Andrew. I gained so much weight. I delivered at 280 something. About 30lbs was due to water bloat.

So since my son was born I rested at 250-253. I became very depressed over other issues, and began gaining again till I peaked at 268. I sought the help of my doctor.

She referred me to this weight loss clinic, and I was able to lose 42lbs in three months.

I was on cloud nine with all this weight loss. It was doing better than I could have ever imagined.

Then I just started eating bad again. I could not control myself. Turns out I was pg. I was kinda bummed since I did not want to be pg till I was thinner, but happy too because I really want another baby. (I had so many problems last time being over weight)

But then I had a m/c. I was so devastated and I have been binging ever since

I have PCOS. Turns out my weight gain began when my PCOS symptoms started, so I am sure there is a correlation there. I have had 4 m/c that have left me in a heap of despair.

Not to mention more emotional trauma that any 1 person should ever have to endure.

I just started seeing a therapist to try and get back on track. He was offered to me by my weight loss center. I have only had 1 meeting with him so far.

So this is where I am at. I am trying to keep this short, but I just have been reading some of your stories, and thought I would try to add my own w/o writing a book. lol
ChristinaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:10 AM   #2  
All That's Left of Me

I am so sorry about the miscarriages! I think that therapy is a great thing...if you're ready for it. I don't think I'll ever be Anyways, keep posting girl...we're all in this together!

Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:00 PM   #3  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Thanks for sharing, and much luck to you on losing weight and keeping it off this time! You can do it!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:07 PM   #4  
Proud US Navy Wife

Cool

First of all *hugs* I am sorry to hear about the miscarrages.. I dont even know if I spelled that right. My best friend's mom had the same problem.. concieved I think 13 children all together, but only actually had one.

Second of all, you are at the right place for help! These girls are great, I can tell you that much!

I used to be super-thin too, when I was really little.. then I discovered I liked food, and the rest is history. And as for Arby's.. I work at Wendy's, so yea, I feel your pain.

Post away. We are all here for you!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:48 PM   #5  
Making It This Time!

I have PCOS too, and it is really hard! I am lucky that I was diagnosed after a relatively short time after I started gaining weight. I wish someone would have caught it with you before you had to go through all of that. *hugs*
BlueAngel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:36 PM   #6  
Mommy9802

Question I want to introduce myself

My name is Alisha i am from Nashville Tennessee. I am 22 years old with 2 beautiful boys! I am DESPERATLY needing to loose wieght. I have started the Atkins diet on Monday and have already lost 3 pounds. So its got me really motivated, i just hope i can stay that way! I know with the help of buddys that i can talk to and can encourage me i will be able to make it too my goals, hopefully in a year! So do you guys have room for one more on the 20 somethings board? I would like to be a part of your group! Have a great Night everyone!
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:48 PM   #7  
All That's Left of Me

Hi mommy9802 - Come one come all! Everyone's really friendly on here! Did you introduce yourself at the top of the board? The post is labeled "Getting to Know You". Nice to meet you anyways...stick around, there's a lot of support on here!

Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:59 AM   #8  
LivingDeadGirl

S/C/G: 325/250/165

Height: 5'7"

christina, i'm so sorry to hear about your troubles and the m/c's...I have many friends that have PCOS and I fear i may possibly have some kind of conception issues as well, just never been checked yet...so frustration and pain is understandable my dear...i'm glad you're here and that you shared so much with us...weight issues are never an easy thing...i still remember my top...was near 325 twice...i can't ever let that happen again! why can't we lose as easy as we gain LOL...keep up the good work
Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:42 PM   #9  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Hey, you've already lost some weight! Be proud of yourself for that. Just think, instead of gaining more, you've lost, when you might have gained like you did in the past.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles. A lot of people (here on this board) feel happier with their lives when they take control of their eating/exercising. Maybe you'll have the same success.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote