Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 08-25-2005, 04:17 PM   #1  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 193/193/133

Height: 5'3

Default please help- need advice!

Hi, I've been going to the gym since May and I've lost 32 pounds. But, I'd say in the past 3 weeks or so..weight loss has been very slow. I've been doing this chemical breakdown diet recommended by my trainer and that has helped me lose all the pounds but the food can be quite boring after a while. On the weekends, its hard for me to stay on that diet because we like to go out and eat at restaurants.

Here's what I do during the week:

Mon, Wed, Fri- 2 different thighs, 2 different legs, triceps, back, chest, crunches, biceps and then I do about 30-35 mins of elliptical. I'm probably forgetting some other workout. I do two reps of 15 for each one.

tues and thurs- 45 mins of spinning, 15 mins of abs, and running up and down stairs 5 times.

So, I'm looking for a diet that has tasty food lol and should I be doing something else for my workouts?
LilMamiBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 07:11 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Here is my unprofessional opinion... So here goes... If you have been doing this workout since May it's definitely time for a change, try a 3,4 or 5 day split also change your cardio routine, take your bike out, a brisk walk outside, start to walk and jog...

Here are some great sites for some ideas:

http://www.stumptuous.com/weights_index_revision.html
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/alissa16.htm
http://www.intense-workout.com/workout_routines.html

I just found this site ... http://www.intense-workout.com/lose_weight.html ... http://www.intense-workout.com/tone_definition.html ...it's straight and to the point...

Hope this helps, if you want specifics, ask away...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 07:37 PM   #3  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 193/193/133

Height: 5'3

I have been exercising and trying to lose weight since May. I started doing two reps of each machine about 2 weeks ago. I was only doing one rep. Thanks for the links!
LilMamiBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:12 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

I would say it's not only time to change the reps but all the exercises also, this may be why you are on a plateau...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 02:33 PM   #5  

I agree with Ilene.

Consider doing more reps than two. If you have been working out since May, then you should have a good base of muscle development by now. Im not saying to go out and lift 25 pound weights

You are doing a lot of cardio too. Be sure your nutrition plan is supplying enough calories. I know that may sound crazy. Hitting plateus are something that can be extremely bothersome.

Change stuff up. The amount of weight you lift, the exercises, the time of day, the amount of reps, the amount of sets, new cardio options, new foods, etc.

Good luck.
Lynn

Last edited by Mel; 08-30-2005 at 08:53 PM. Reason: took out link to her personal training site
Trainer Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:10 PM   #6  
Mel

I think you must mean you are doing 2 sets, not reps

Has your trainer changed your nutrition since you've lost 32 pounds? The amount of calories that you need has changed.

I'd also change that exercise routine! Look at changing from a full body workout to some kind of split: legs, back and shoulders, chest biceps and triceps...or any other way that you can fit all your body parts into your 3 days of lifting. (Note: don't do legs and any other large muscle group on the same day!) Doing a split workout allows you to do more sets per body part so that you'll see more results.

Or just change the exercises, the intensity, and your diet. If you've hit a plateau, most of the time it's a nutritional problem.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote