Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-25-2005, 08:18 AM   #1  

Default Thursday August 25

Hi everybody

Enjoying my work routine.......up every day by 545 am and home everyday around 400 pm. Job interview early next week? (crossing everything).

I feel out of the loop.........just to busy right now. Will be in touch.

Hugs everyone!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 08:20 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Morning

Liz

I feel out of the loop too, busy busy busy Good luck on the interview.

How's everyone today? geee I can't seem to wake up this morning

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:48 AM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

It is a red letter day for me! For the first time, I pulled on a form-fitting top and am NOT disgusted with my appearance! The upper and lower abdomen areas seem to be tightening up. I just completed my first goal I set for myself (see the VERB for details if you want) and I'm even having a good hair day!

BBL...its exam day today andtomorrow, busy.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:50 AM   #4  
CIN

Good Morning Leens & Liz & all who enter later!
I walked this morning........weather is a little cooler..sure feels great to feel great! Sometimes it takes those ROUGH times to make you appreciate feeling "normal"!

I am looking forward to Fall...................the Mums are pretty this year..I already bought some!

Going to go to the farmers market and hopefully find some yummy colorful peppers......I love stir fry peppers in onions in tortilla shells with salsa etc!

I Miss Cathy girl.....dont you all? Hopefully she will appear today!

April..............glad the baby girl is doing fine and home! How exciting!

Later taters
Cin

P.S. Want a good laugh?
I walked in the Sprint store and ask where the "blueberries" were!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:51 AM   #5  
CIN

Go Marble.......that is great!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2005, 10:04 AM   #6  

Snort, Bluberries.....good one, although I'm fairly ignorant about that stuff too. Cathy said she would be away from the computer for a bit. we'll entertain you in the meantime....(i can tell you what I brought for lunch....)

Glad you are doing better Cin, Liz, {{{good vibes}}} for your interview, April, sorry I missed the note yesterday, WONDERFUL! enjoy that baby!!! I know you will feel great when visiting.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:36 AM   #7  

WELCOME TORI.....(3prettygirls)..join us please.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:48 AM   #8  

Thanks I'm new so i was just lurking for a bit. How is everybody?
3prettygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 01:55 PM   #9  
Oooo Silly Me!

Good morning ladies…

I’m having a not so chipper day. Have you ever just wanted to smack someone so bad because they were being totally ridiculous???! Well that’s how I truly feel about my mother right now. I always new my mother was unreasonable, but this one takes the cake. All my life I had to deal with her “I love you honey but you are too fat” or in the last recent years “You better lose weight and stop embarrassing your husband”… My mother, just does not know how to talk to people. Everything has to be her way or get the **** out of the way cause her heads gonna spin and she’s gonna spit fire. She can also be a very loving, funny, and caring person. OY! Well anyways let me get down to the point. I’m the middle man. My parents are fighting. Rather I should say, my mother is fighting. My parents (rather my mother) was looking to buy a new house. My dad went along to see if it’s something they could afford. They found a beautiful house which was gonna cost a pretty penny (we live in California, nothing is under 500k anymore, at least nothing of decent size). They qualified for it, so here’s the kicker. My mom, in attempts to find money for the 20% down and to do upgrades in the house asked my father who is 58 years old, to cash out some of his retirement money. My dad told her no. I would have said the same thing, you don’t mess with your retirement. Needless to say it went into an all out war because she thinks he’s being selfish and not trying to help her at all. So now she’s trying to sell all her stuff and she’s trying to get her own apartment and wants a divorce. I am now avoiding any phone calls that say my mothers or my fathers name on it or numbers I know they have no connection or possible connection with. Because I am the middle man. Tell your mom I said this. Tell your dad I said that. They live in the same dang house (at least until mom gets an apartment) but they gotta call me to talk to each other. FORGET THAT! I hate it that they are fighting, I hate it that my mother is doing this, I hate it that they are upset… I’m going NUTS! Before I know I would have tried to help get them to talk and work things out, and I guess it has helped. Now, I don’t want any part of it. They are adults they can work it out. I may got strike with lightening for saying this, but I think my father is better off if they did divorce. No stress for him, he won’t have her gambling debts to deal with (3 mortgages worth). And yes, they did qualify for the house… AMAZING! My mother sees her friends buying homes, and selling them and making money and she wants to do that too. She just doesn’t understand that they don’t have the money to do that and her gambling debts are killing my father.

*sigh* I don’t wanna care anymore it hurts to much.

Okie… I know this was probably more information than anyone needed to know… but I needed to vent. I havent’ had a bad depression spell for over… hmm… 2 years now… this one is going to take the cake. I dunno what to do. I’m living my life right now pretending they don’t exist and it’s been good for me. But, I’ve always been a family oriented person, I can’t go on pretending my parents don’t exist. Now I’m stressing out about it and I’ve done good to not go and grab any comfort foods… I’m 29 years old and I feel like a little child sitting in the corner with her fingers in her ear and babbling saying “I can’t hear you!”

So…. How about those Braves??

I cleaned my house up and I’m washing clothes getting ready to leave for vegas tomorrow. The good news is, I’m bringing m laptop LOL! I can get my fix of the net. The bad news is, I dunno if I wanna pay 10 bucks a day for internet *grin* Someone give me some ideas on how to get rooms comped without gambling??? I don’t gamble, after seeing what it’s done to my mom and my poor father who has soaked up her debts. I won’t do that to anyone I love. Did you know loan sharks charge up to 18% a month for money you borrow??? I have a few people who have gone in with me on a side pot for bowling, so if I bowl well, I might be able to win some money! That’s the only kind of gambling I do. Boy, this trip is going to be a real nice get away. Ever if it’s only for a weekend. I’m also going to Laughlin September 16th. That’s not for anything, it’s just a james and I get away... we are going with some friends, but it’s going to be a relaxing, de-stressing time. I hope!

Okie now that’s I’ve talked all your ears off and gave you my dirty laundry… I’m gonna go make myself busy and get a few things done. I think I’m going to go shopping and pick up a few shirts.

I’ll catch you all later…

Sorry for my ramblings!

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:07 PM   #10  

you have my permission to smack one of them (lightly, no damage, just wake up time). If it makes you feel any better, I'm avoiding la famiglia too at the moment because it's just too ridicules and I'm not that desperate for relationships that I will put myself into the doormat position.....

If you don't get in the middle, Mom and Dad will talk to each other.....and you are doing great with yourself and your education, exercise, house and relationships! You've shown yourself to be a warm, talented, compassionate person (and landscaper). I believe your fiance is quite lucky to have you!

maybe you want to *gently* suggest to Mom that she MYOB....and worry about herself.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:14 PM   #11  
CIN

Sue Marie
Take off and dont leave your #!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding......................sorry you are having to be in between your parents.......I have experienced that....try to stay out of it the best you can....ask them not to put you in that position........no matter who you side with!

My parents stayed together and worked out their problems (My Mom & step-Dad of 42 years) Then he passed away and she wishes he was around all the time!

Hopefully they will work things out on their own!

Try to calm down.................you have enough to think about just taking care of you!

Hugs
Old 08-25-2005, 03:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I'm back! DH and I went to Dallas for a few days. Rode with his sister. Had a great time. Stayed at a really nice Hilton hotel, where a nephew gave us a huge discount. Went to the new Cabelas (hunting store) and Bass Pro Shop and Grapevine Outlet Mall. The first thing we did when we got to Dallas was unload our stuff into our rooms and went to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. I had never been to one before and oh my gosh was it good! I had a ceasar salad and then me and my SIL shared a piece of Godiva cheesecake - OH MY GOSH! It's probably a good thing we don't have one of those in Louisiana - they sure would mess up my diet.

Anyway, all is well here, but I'm really busy. I did not have a minute at work yesterday to get on the internet. wah!

I've tried to skim thru the posts quickly .....

Leenie - I am so very sorry to hear about your BIL. hugs!
and happy birthday to little gracie! I cannot believe she is already 4 years old! I remember the day you told us in chat you were pregnant! seems like yesterday!

Tippy - I don't think I posted on the Fasting thread eithr but I'm sure you could have posted plenty actually I know you could have looks like that thread got a lot of attention.

Cin - good for you walking!!!! glad you are feeling better and glad to hear it's a little cooler there. maybe it will eventually get here! The heat index yesterday was 107 - it is unbareably HOT & HUMID down here! How's your ww meetings going?

Marbles - CONGRATS! you are rockin with your exercise! I will get back in the swing shortly! I have to!

Liz - I'm so glad you are enjoying a regular work schedule! I hope and pray everything works out on the new position! when do your girls start school?

Welcome 3prettygirls!

SueMarie - don't be sorry about "rambling" - I'm glad you feel comfortable coming here and venting! we all need to do that sometimes! I think you are smart to do all that you can to stay out of the middle of your parents arguments! It is not your battle and you may have to remind them of it or simply just dodge them - don't ya just love caller id!!!!!!

April - give that new baby a great big hug from me! Is there anything in this world sweeter than babies!!!!!

Ok gang I've got to get back to work but had to post - I was missing my buddies!

later gaters!
hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 08-25-2005 at 03:15 PM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:31 PM   #13  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone, just a quick note to say I was back from Portland and am starting to feel better. I'm thinking the 4 day headache, nausea and runs was a bug and is starting to ease.

I did 30 minutes on the exercycle, my arm weights and situps today. I've been eating good and drinking my water. Tomorrow is weighin day so I'll tell you how I'm doing weight wise tomorrow.

TTYL.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote