South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 06:29 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat - Wednesday, August 24

Good morning! Another gorgeous sunrise is happening out there and The Girls are still asleep.

Sorry, I've not been in here more. Real Life has been getting in my way as have a couple of off programme items! I'll try to do better with comments but I do read everything.

This morning my friends Claire and Rob are coming to rip up the carpet in my spare room. Of course, we have visions of perfectly lovely maple flooring in there that will just need a slight dusting! I'm just hoping that it won't have to be refinished right away! The wall to wall has been on the floor since 1976 so it will be a really dusty job. The hard part will be confining these two keeners to just the spare room Claire's husband, Doug, just shakes his head and stands back when Claire starts a project. She's a real Martha but not *****y.

So it's time to put on the coffee and see if I have some muffins for them in the depths of the freezer.

What's going on around your Beach towel today?
Old 08-24-2005, 06:29 AM   #2  

Default WED Chat

I can't believe that I am starting this.

Good Morning Chicks!

I did pretty well yesterday. I did not meet my water goal. That will be a big one for me today. I didn't set my alarm this morning, so not enough timet o get to the gym this a.m. I am going to go tonight. NO MATTER WHAT!

The massage last night was heavenly. I was having problems with one of my shoulders and I think that she worked it out.

Well, I have to get my breakfast going!

Here's to everyone having a good day!
Old 08-24-2005, 06:30 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Good morning! We posted at exactly the same time. I'll combine us. Thanks for starting us up.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:32 AM   #4  

Hi Ruth! I was starting at the same time.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:32 AM   #5  

Thanks! I was going to ask if someone could do that!
Old 08-24-2005, 06:32 AM   #6  

Talking HAPPY HUMP DAY: Chat on the Beach 8/24!

CACKLE DOOOOOODLE DOOOOOOOO and a HAPPEEE HUMP DAY TO YOOOOOUUUUU! Another Glorious day on the Beach.. ! Come have some coffee with me gals !
Let's see... let's review yesterday's doings!
VAL: YOU VOLUPTUOUS VIXEN you! The Postman Rings Twice eh? .. Seriously how good 4 U on keeping with the exercise AND the compliment from that hunky postman!
Artemis: How do you feel today luv..hope not too sore.. Today you rest I declare it an Artemis Holiday for you! But no Crisps or Biscuits ya hear !
MamaCita: my favorite Vampirette! How was knitting.. a hobby I could not master! Sigh, my attempts yielded Gordian Knots..
Sil~ Ooooh my ! When are you making the cover of House Beautiful? What a kitchen transformation! and that Paskl/Fischer dishwasher is FAB!And the bath is loverly... but sigh, like I've said..Your garden and backyard is simply Heaven on Earth! It's obvious you are a gifted landscape designer That must be alot of work though.. a labor of love I'm sure.. p.s...When's the pool party ?
BB: Way to stay on plan!
BG: Are you remodeling your kitchen too? Details!
Sweettooth: My apologies, I thought I expressed my condolences to you.. but ... anyway, yes, so sad to hear of your loss...
Roxy: hmmm the Elephant Bar..sounds soooo familiar to me.. is that in Florida... think I've been there...MY GOODNESS all this remodeling going on..do tell... peectures?
Barb1037: WEIGH 2 GO! Another pound down! FABU 4 U!!!
SweetTea, yep you should be eating every 3-4 hours.. get those snacks in , they sure help!!! Dark Tower??? I am Loving it! Just as you did, for some reason, although I read a fair amount of King, I shied away from the Gunslinger series... but oh my, I am in my glory reading them now that all the books are out.. I started to listen to them in audiobook form since I use to have a 3.5 to 4. hour daily commute to/fro work..There's something to be said for waiting till all the books in a series are out ..instead of waiting Years for the next installment..( like Harry Potter... and the Earth Children Series by Jean Auel) Any how I love that he ties in pieces of his other work with the dark tower series...it really is ,I think "his masterpiece"!
Hi Barbs,Ruth, Kye,LC, "Didjaeat",pearsydew,Candy... and to all you other Bathing Beauties! Posters and Lurkers alike!
Me:Yesterday I read the NC Drivers Manual.. TALK ABOUT A SNORE FEST . . Then we went to DMV to get our licenses.. The test was designed so that any moron could pass it.. example of a multiple choice:
When merging onto the highway do you A) go to the end of the acceleration ramp and come to a complete stop..b) put your hazards on or c) increase your speed to enter the highway.. .. Anyhoo, us 2 morons got our NC driver licenses after providing birthcerts, old driver licenses, proof of residency, proof of NC insurance, info on the bank that holds the deeds to my SUV.. Sigh, what a rigamarole! Today we are off to get the vehicles registered and to find the nearest $200. Club (Sams)...

Will Check in later !!

Last edited by Schatzi; 08-24-2005 at 06:36 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:37 AM   #7  

Good morning chicks!!

Had a fabulous weekend in Ohio- totally off program, but am back on the beach with no mishaps since Monday.

Can't wait to find some time to catch up on posts and see what everyone has been up to!!

Old 08-24-2005, 06:39 AM   #8  

HAHA! oh this is a first! like 3 or 4 of us starting the thread all around the same time!!! Ruth..kindly merge my post in too?
Old 08-24-2005, 07:35 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks thought I would start us up this morning sorry didn't want to be left out.

Ruth- Hope the floor works out for you. Real life tends to get in the way every now and then. Take care. Don't fall into the deep freeze. Thanks for starting us up this morning.

djett- Thanks for getting us going this morning. Hope you have a great OP day

Schatzi- Thanks for starting us up this morning. You asked me yesterday about going a little crazy with the kids? I have been working with kids since I was 12. And some days I like them, sometimes I love them and sometimes they drive me looney.

Kiko- glad that you had a great time in Ohio. Glad that you jumped right back on that wagon.

2bfit- check out your kitchen pictures last night. Wow. Love your sink.

Sweettooth- I am working at the store again and teaching dance as well as running the daycare.

Sweettea- Hope the baby is doing better today. There is nothing worse than teeth coming in.

Me- Not much just going to do the normal day to day stuff, try to finish up my laundry. Well must dash and wait for the rest of the kids to show up.

Have a great day chicks.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:28 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Roflmao! Anybody else want to start us up?
My rug rippers are here and I just took a peek in here as I was going by. Too funny!
Old 08-24-2005, 08:35 AM   #11  
Kyemom

Wow...what is going on here today...I must be really late ...Hope everyone had a wonderful night. The weather is so nice here, that I finally got to turn off the AC & open the windows...I just love sleeping hearing the frogs & crickets!! Long night last night, DS had football practice again, first game is this Sat. He got his position last night, and is just extatic! DH had a softball game, so we did not get home until late, and ate dinner at the ball park . ...I tried to stay as OP as possible...I took the bun off of my burger!! and no fries...I was starving! Anyway, tonight I am doing the Chicken & eggplant casserole...a favorite at my house!!
Ruth- I hope your floors will look great, just wait for the girls to run on them...my 2 slip and slide all over on ours
LC---Good start up line...I
DJett-thanks for the start up
Schatzi- Good morning sunshine...hope you have a wonderful day
I will check back in later...enjoy your coffee
Old 08-24-2005, 09:20 AM   #12  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Have to make this fast as my dh & I are going out to BJ's again to get our mass shopping done. Need my V8, and tomato sauce and other items.

Schatzi-Love Your enthusism so early in the morning.Your post was any eye opener. Hoping to stay op especially when I'm out socially.

Will be back later,just want to let you know I still here.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 08-24-2005 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:32 AM   #13  
Slow and Steady...

Good Morning to All of You Babes!

I want to start us up, too!

Kyemom: I'm with you! The weather in MN has been just fabulous for this chubby chick! Mid 50's at night, and near 80 during the day. I don't break into a sweat every time I go outside, and I can have windows open instead of running the A/C!

Ruth: Real life can really be a drag sometimes, but at least you have one! That is more than I can say for myself sometimes. I realize that even our real lives are not always our own, but at least we are not sitting on our fannies in front of the TV all day wishing we were somebody else. I hope you have a beautiful floor under that old carpet! Just sweep and be done with it!

Schatzi: Glad I don't drive in NC! Although I doubt that MN is really much better.

Everyone else: Good morning and have a great day on the beach!

Just another day in my life - work, soccer, Cub Scouts, laundry, etc. I am going out for lunch today (still getting a salad though) because I didn't feel like making a lunch this morning. I did plan breakfast and snacks! And...we have a late soccer game, so we can actually eat at home for once!
Old 08-24-2005, 10:16 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm glad someone has some exhuberance this morning!!! LOL
I can barely get my eyes open! It was a busy night in the IV room last night, I was aching from head to toe by the time I got to bed last night! Now I can't seem to wake up! Even the strong coffee my DSis brought me from Belize isn't working fast enough!
I've been doing better sticking with my WOE lately, and with exercising a little more.
I just don't have it in me to go walking today.
Where I go walking is a track by the river, and Sunday, a teenager drowned near there, the park was their headquarters for the search party. It's soooooo sad. He and his friends were jumping from some bluffs(a very dangerous place, my kids are forbidden to ever go there) and he apparently did a belly flop and it knocked the breath out of him, and he got swept under in the current. (it's pretty swift there) His friends tried to save him but to no avail...he was taking them down with him. We were out at the park Sunday evening for an "ice cream social" when we found out about it...there was a helicopter flying around and boats everywhere, trying to find him. it took them almost 40 hrs to find him. I really feel for his family.

on a more upbeat note, today, my oldest DD has her first day of classes at the University of North Alabama! We got her completely moved in to her Grandmom's house on Sunday. She's loving being there so far. We painted her room Orange! with pink trim. It looks better than it sounds.
Now I get to start the task of switching my other kids rooms around! And painting their rooms to suit their tastes!

I made the best "pizza" for lunch yesterday! It was on a whole wheat tortilla(a pita would've been better) and I drizzled olive oil on it and spread a little chopped garlic around and sprinkled oregano over that, then I added sun dried tomatos and sliced kalamata olives and covered it with part-skim mozzerella cheese and some fresh basil and baked it! MMmmmm it was delish!
Well, my post it gettin a little long winded!
sorry, I guess I should post more often
Thanks to all the "starters" this morning!!! you bunch of go-getters you!
hope you all have wonderful days!
Old 08-24-2005, 11:29 AM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks...

Struggling to catch up -- both in 3-d life and at work. We've picked a place for the wedding and for the reception that will work with our budget (the non existent one) and so we're off.

Gained weight. Bad choices and even worse ones. Not much exercise either.

August is a bust basically.

Hope you are all well. Missed you!
Closed Thread