South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 06:26 AM   #1  

Default TUESDAY CHAT: August 23

Good Morning all you South Beach Sweeties!
Well looks like I'm first to start us off today..
Pearsydew: So how was the fair? Did you do fairly well eating? I would need to cut a wide path passed any funnelcakes !!!
Djett: Plan Plan Plan, that's such a big part of being successful with any WOE! (I can't help but say your name like "Didja Eat" .. It's my jerseyness accent !! Response is "nojew" haha, ah well I crack myself up
Barb" did you make it to the rally? I bet the posters you created were a big hit!
TAZCAT: Welcome !!!!
Artemis: I know you were on line earlier! How are you dear? and like I said, whats with the wardrobes and no bedroom closets...and what are chrisps? Are they cookies? or chips?
SweetTea: dark choc m/ms? It coulda been worse and at least you managed to not eat the whole bag.. Good for you
Soon2bfab: Welcome back sweetie! NORMAL???? I don't know what that word means anymore!!
Soon2BFit: That's a lovely urn for Kasey. We have a black and gold one for Muffin. Somewhat Egyptian looking.. We got it because it reminded us of the little black and gold flecks in her fur around her eyes. She was Wheaton though.. very sick all her life, and ended up with only hair around her face.. When I would walk her, kids would point and say WHAT IS THAT! I gave up explaining that she was a very sick little girl, and told the kids she was an armadillo.
Barb1037Hang in thar Babalooie! That scale will start movin south!
RNMOM: Glad 2 C U back on the boards..enjoy your grandson!!
NefGlad 2 C U 2!!! Bike riding? You are sure to get healthy quick!
And welcome back to Davos and sweettooth too!

Well I was a big slug yesterday, guess someone pulled the plug on me, and I ended up just reading and taking a "wee Kip".. ..Today back to boxes!Ok I'll check in later..but right now I must have more Cawffee,,, and the girls are jumping on me for attention and to be takin out!
Have a great day!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Hiya Chicks

Schatzi : yes I was on earlier but I'm too shy to start us off each day, so I just usually kind of hang around until someone else does!

I see you are getting up earlier now you are in Carolina - is it really b/c "nothing could be finer?" . Chrisps (I think you mean crisps) are potato chips. Biscuits = your cookies. Although we do call some kinds of cookies a cookie..confused? You will be!!

Well chicks, I have to go to the dentist in a couple of hours.

I am quaking in my boots (well my sandals). I have a feeling there may be some sliding off the Beach going on later - when my jaw un-numbs from the novocaine or whatever they use - I will probably have a pity party.
Very scared of the dentist and even though she has explained the procdure thoroughly, I'm still nervous.

Ok have a great day on the Beach y'all!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:39 AM   #3  

Heheh, yeah for some reason I don't like to start up a thread either.. But I'm a Morning Lark ,Lark, Lark! When all is "normal" in my life, I'm up around 4:30-5:00 am.. Just love watching the sun come up..Usually asleep by 10:30ish.. or 11.. I don't need much sleep..
Good Luck at the Dentist.. Now,now, they have advanced sooo much with pain management. Soft foods for you today! and nothing tooo extreme temperture wise...
Old 08-23-2005, 07:50 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, just pecking in for a second the house is full of wee ones today. Everyone is done vacations and trying to get the kids ready for the school year. So the house is loud and busy today. My arm is still sore today but not as bad as yesterday. The bruises are pretty big and I also have one on my butt. Well I have to dash the oldest of the kids here is getting a little rowdy so I need to settle them down. The girls of course are sitting nicely watching a movie and drawing. Someday I wish I had only girls here. Have a great day on the beach.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:04 AM   #5  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Sorry I didn't post yesterday...got slammed at the nursing home and must just fly by this morning. Tonght is knitting group. Hopefully, there won't be any caffeine in my herbal tea tonight!

Artemis, I feel your pain, sweetie. Just having a dentist patient walk in my door makes my palms sweaty! Hopefully, your dentists are as advanced as ours in pain management and dental procedures (ya'll do have an awful rep in that dept. ) Here's a ((((Hug)))) Hope it goes well!

Schatzi, hope your moving in is going smooth. Just be aware, you'll NEVER be a "Southerner"--Just a transplanted Yankee, like me! Revel in it, kid, revel in it!

Little Chick, have fun with your wee ones today!

Okay, gotta fly, my victims await.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:31 AM   #6  

GOOD MORNING Y'ALL!

Okay, I ate rice at the Japanese steakhouse. But, I didn't eat a ton of it, like I normally do I stayed OP all day except dinner. I am starting my day with scrambled eggs and turkey bacon. I have some goals for eating my veggies and drinking my water today. I also have my list to go the grocery store today at lunch.

I am so excited that I have a massage scheduled tonight. I REALLY need it. The last time that I had one while on this diet.. I PEED all night! I planned on working out this morning, but slept late. I have heard some say that this diet gives them insomnia. But, for me I have slept better and when completely OP, wake up easier. So, when I have been sleeping late I think it is a clue as to how bad I am eating.

Well, gotta get some work done. I hope everyone is having a good morning!
Old 08-23-2005, 08:36 AM   #7  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin' chicks! Well, Schatzi, I did good at the fair until I had two...uhm...brewed malted beverages....which then proceeded to erase my good thinking and intentions. Let's just say that I never knew you could do some things with foods that were already so fattening. I'll post my indiscretions in the pigs anon thread so I don't stumble anybody by accident. Other than that, I had a great time.

Oh.... and don't ride the farris wheel with a slight buzz !!!!!

Will post more later...running late!!
Old 08-23-2005, 08:36 AM   #8  
GARDENING ADDICT

Sweet tooth~~I'm so glad to see you back but I am in shock about your mom. That must have been the worst moment in your life!! To say that I am sorry for your loss is an understatement. I know that losing a mother is a very emotional thing to go through, especially when it is a surprise. Please take care and know that you are in my prayers.

Schatzi~~ "I told the kids she was an armadillo"..that made me LOL How did the furniture moving go??

Artemis~~I also get nitrous gas when the dentist does any "work". It's very relaxing plus my dentist plays good music and has a habit of humming in your ear while he works.

Mamacita~What's with all this rain????? I have tickets to Chateau Elan's Winefest this Saturday and it better not rain!!!!!!!

I finally started putting in the tiles for the kitchen backsplash. DH cut some tiles for me when he got home yesterday, so I plan to complete one section today.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:43 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Moprning Chicks

Have a full day again with a relaxing game of cananster with 3 of my friends.We're having a beautiful cool day for walking & sleeping,TG for small favors.

Schatzi-Thanks for starting us up this morn. Try to relax in between unpacking,if you can. I know its not one of my favorite jobs.

Artemis-I don't like dentist either,but I found an woman dentist that is excellent. She doesn't hurt a bit,and her office is immaculatelly clean. Not alike the other dentist that were untidy.Sending some [[Healing: vibes]] your way.

Little Chick-Sorry to hear about your arm & butt. I wasn't on the boards until late and I didn't see your post. Sending some Healing : Vibes for you also.

Mamacita-Have a wonderful time at your knitting group.

Have a wonderful day Hugs BB

Djett,pearshape, & 2 be fit= posted at the same time have a great day BB

Last edited by beach bum; 08-23-2005 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:10 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Schatzi, your posts always cheer me up! Glad you took a day off to relax yesterday! What did you read? I've got to bump up the "What are you reading?" thread...

Artemis, we're still working on the amazon.co.uk thing...promise to let you know as soon as Suzanne and Jennifer work it out, okay? Best of luck at the dentist, hon! You know, usually I'm worried too, and it turns out to be super easy. Can you plan a sort-of OP treat or, even better, a non-food related treat for afterwards? For instance, some sugar free ice cream with nuts? Or maybe make a smoothie with yogurt and protein powder along with SF syrup? Even better, what if you indulge in a manicure, pedicure, or a small massage? A bubble bath or a period in a sauna followed by relaxing in a whirpool if your gym has them? Buy yourself a trashy magazine or romance novel to take your mind off things? Rent a cool movie? You can find some way to have your pity party and enjoy it without falling off the wagon. Let us know how it goes!

LC, girls are so much fun! I'm so sorry you got hurt! I hope you feel better soon and that the kids don't hang on you and hurt your bruises!

Mama, you crack me up! "My victims await" indeed! I can see you swirling off with your cape, evil laughter trailing behind you... What you said about being a southerner makes me think of this line from the Indigo Girls' song, "Springtime in the Southland": "When God made me born a Yankee He was teasin'..." Sounds like Schatzi is one happy girl for a Yank in the South.

Djett, yeah, those bad carbs (rice) will make you sleepy and lethargic. Watch for cravings today and if you have them, jump back on Phase 1 for a couple days until they go away, okay? Enjoy the massage!

Wow, Pearshape...bad night, huh? Hope you can jump back on the wagon today and stay there...there's so much fun to be had at fairs without eating and drinking stuff that makes you feel bad. That said, I had to avoid fairs for a while until I felt I could handle the smells without going 'hog wild', you know? Fairs were all about food for me for most of my life, so learning that there are other things to do has been a bit of a revelation!

Sil, there's more work to be done on your kitchen??? Do tell...what kind of tiles? Are you doing something artistic or just doing one solid color?

Sweet Tooth, I'm so very sorry to hear about your mom. I'll have to go find the post where you give details, but wanted you to know that my prayers are with you and your family, sweetheart.

BB, enjoy the canasta game!

Me:
Well, did the recumbent bike today. That used to be my cardio of choice before I found the elliptical. The ellipticals at my new gym are a bit stiff, so it was nice to do something different. I did read a magazine while working out, though, so I know I didn't work as hard as I could, but it was still a very good workout. I was sweating buckets by the end! I've got to put two coats of primer on the wallboard we installed in our pantry. In between I have to run a bunch of errands and make most of dinner before running to a therapy appt. Crazy day!

We're having rosemary chicken and zucchini skewers for dinner tonight (still using up zucchini from the garden) with a squash au gratin dish from Cooking Light with brown rice and a cracker crumb topping made from Stoned Wheat Thins. We'll see if that works...

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-23-2005, 09:20 AM   #11  
GARDENING ADDICT

Laurie~~The backsplash is tumbled travertine tiles in Noce (med-dark beige) which has a matte finish. Mostly it's 4x4 tiles with some inserts of the same type of tile but in 1/2" mosiac mesh pieces. I'll post a pic or link when I get the first section done. We still have the cabinet top-trim to install and crown mold to the ceiling. I guess this is what happens when your DH is a carpenter (he's too tired when he gets home to do "more work").
Old 08-23-2005, 09:24 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Very quick post this morning as I'm running behind and am also a bit down for various reasons. I'll try to get back in later and catch up.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:28 AM   #13  
Kyemom

Morning everyone!!! Not much time here this morning, but wanted to say "hi" and I hope you all have a wonderful day. I really miss being here when I can't be here....Went Rock climbing this weekend (first time) what a work out...my 5 year old daughter climbed to the top...46 feet up....she was awesome and had unbelievable determination...I got 27 feet up, and my arms were spent, so I let go!!! Anyway, I am being strict as I was very not OP on Sunday....got to get skinny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, have a great day, and I will check back in later!!

Sweet Tooth, I just read about your Mom...I am so sorry for your loss...You will be in my prayers.

Last edited by kyemom; 08-23-2005 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:55 AM   #14  
Conquering with SBD

Well, I have a chance to jump in fairly early today. Usually, I find that there are over 20 posts before I get my chance. What a chatty bunch of people here.

Schatzi - Good morning. Sounds like you really needed the break yesterday, and you might as well enjoy the relaxation time. Boxes will still be there tomorrow...

Artemis - Good luck at the dentist. Hope everything goes well and that you are fine afterwards. BUT, don't go off plan. Stick with it. If you need a pit party, stay with OP foods - they really are just as comforting as bad stuff.

lc - Sounds like you have your hands full today. We are starting registration at the college at which I work. The summer has gone by so quickly and it is back to the fall grind again. Are you working anywhere else now, or planning to babysit at home again this year?

Mamacita - I really enjoy knitting (haven't knit for some time now, though). I heard that one of the knitting shops in my city has a knitting evening that I should probably join. Do you knit at a shop, or in someone's home? What are you working on now?

djett626 - Enjoy your massage tonight. By the way, I don't need a massage to be up all night...

2BFIT1 - Have fun with the tiles. We did our counter tops and the backsplash in tiles. When done, it looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics when you are done.

beach bum - Enjoy your canasta. We love that game, but don't get a chance to play very much. We used to play with DH's twin and wife. Sometimes our tournaments would last up to 48 hours. With lack of sleep, we would all get pretty silly.

Laurie - Thanks for the condolences. DM's death was a shock, to say the least. She was to have moved in with us this past weekend, so we were pushing to get the bedroom and bathroom renovated for her. I didn't call her over the weekend because we were working long hours and she either wasn't up, or gone to bed when I had a chance to call. However, the senior's home in which she lived didn't bother to check on her when she had missed 7 meals. I didn't think that she was getting the care that she should have received, hence, she was moving in. But, on another note, she had been through a lot of illness over the past few years so thea death was not a big surprise...I am just angry that she was left there for 2 1/2 days without being checked on. I can't fix it now, though, so must just move on with this.

You must be getting ready for more students this year. Our registration starts today - I look after the parking here, so it is a matter of time before my phone starts to ring with complaints. Just can't figure out why parking is such an emotional issue with people.

Me - Well, I started back on the beach yesterday to lose the 10 pounds that I gained over vacation. I am hoping to lose it over the next month, or so. I was at the dr. last week because of the hot flashes that started following my hysterectomy. He gave me a lecture on making sure that I don't let my weight get out of control and chastised me for not exercising. I really must get back to it, but it seems that time is so short these days and my lunch hours are filled with other appointments. I really must get back to it soon, though.

Well, must run. Hope everyone has a great day on the beach. Talk to all later.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:51 AM   #15  

Good Morning Ladies/Chicks! So nice to have such a warm group of folks to check in with this morning. I'm the newbie that posted yesterday Roxy55. Just wanted to get in on the morning chat - so, thanks to those of you that invited me to do so.

I went to spinning class last night & felt pretty great after. Love that workout. DH made dinner & we had incredible grilled swordfish & veggies. He was so proud. I noticed on 2BFIT1's post - it looks as though you're doing a kitchen remodel (?) We just did one & cooking is such a pleasure now!!

I also wanted to offer my condolences to sweet tooth. I can only imagine how hectic this weekend was for you.

Have a wonderful morning! Wish me luck - I'm going out for dinner at "The Elephant Bar" tonight. Anyone been there? Menu ideas?

Take care, Roxy
Closed Thread