Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 08-19-2005, 05:12 PM   #1  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Default Nursing Bras

Well, I still have almost six months to go until I'm going to need these, but since my boobs are much bigger than last time, I'm going to need to buy new ones.

Any recommendations on really comfortable ones? I have two different styles from Motherhood that I used last time - loved one but the other had a seam right in the center of the cup and made me look like a quadri-boob.

Already since getting pregnant I've gone from a 38-40D to a 40DD while still losing weight. I'm not sure what size nursing bras to get. I know eventually they will get smaller but at the beginning I'm thinking they'll be absolutely gi-normous.
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 07:36 PM   #2  
resident lactivist

I gave up on nursing bras too. I have actually spent the last 18 months wearing the Glamorise Magic Lift Plus Active Support Bra from Just My Size. I pull up one cup when I want to nurse.

I need a new bra too, and badly, but I'm putting it off til after the baby gets here & my milk comes in. I was told during my first pregnancy that you'll gain a cup size when your milk comes in, and while that was true for my first pregnancy, it wasn't for my second...but then I didn't go up hardly at all during pregnancy last time either, and I have this time. I want to buy an "unbra" from Decent Exposures, but they're expensive enough that I really need to wait to make sure I get the right size!

You're not too far outside the norm as far as cup size goes, though. So if you want to get a bra now, I'd get one that fits multiple cup sizes. I have heard good things about Bravado's Original Nursing Bra. Something like their L size, which fits 38 - 42 E - G cups, would probably carry you through the end of pregnancy and into nursing, since you probably won't get bigger than a G.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 05:40 PM   #3  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

OMG... bigger than a G... EEEEEK!

Thanks for the all ideas!
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 06:30 AM   #4  
resident lactivist

Well, DD is also sometimes called E; not sure if it's true in the case of the Bravado bras or not, but that would give you another two cup sizes to go up, which hopefully would see you through at least the early weeks of nursing.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:45 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

I agree w/Sabra, I've heard great things about Bravado bras. I suffered through both babies with nursing bras that don't fit right, or don't have great support. I got sick of spending money on bras! I have a very large chest though, so it was worse.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 06:08 AM   #6  
resident lactivist

Yeah, Bravado doesn't make a bra in my size.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:24 AM   #7  

I wear the Bravado bras. I love them. The only bad thing is first thing in the morning when I am really engorged, the snaps pop open. Usually, I wear a little cheapo, non supportive sports bra for night though.

I also have a Medela bra that was around $30 and is really comfy, but is very thin so nursing pads show through it if you just wear a t-shirt. I also have Glamourmom tanks and those are a waste of money. It will work well when I have to pump in the car for a conference this month, but otherwise I can't see myself using them more than my maternity tanks, since those are long enough.

I have a few cheaper ones from Motherhood and Kohl's and they don't fit as well. They ride up in the back and aren't very supportive. I am a 38DD up from a 34B pre-pregnancy.
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote