Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-18-2005, 05:25 PM   #1  
No more tears!

Question going good

Ok, im going good with my diet and my diabetes is under control. I just got one question. If you eat alot of food, healthy food but your calories still under a 1000, how can i get it up? i eat 3 times a day but somedays i eat a snack or 2. i eat my dairy, my fruits and veggies. i eat til my i feel like im full.

Heres an example of my food intake:

Breakfast this yesterday was 1 egg, a full spoon of grits with no butter or salt, toast made out of 100% wheat bread and water.

lunch: a salad with chicken cut up in it w/ grapes and water

Dinner: ground up chicken burrito w/cheese melted on in, corn, mixed veggies and a slice of 100 % whole wheat bread w/ grapes and water

Snack: yogurt

Now all of that added up to be in calories were 1000.

How can i add more calories without going over 1500? My diet plan calories intake is 1200-1500 calories
BBWonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 07:37 PM   #2  

Another snack and maybe some fruit at breakfast would do it. Adding in a few nuts might be a healthy way, too--either putting them in salads or snacking on a small pre-measured amount. That's what my dad does (also diabetic.)
cher123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 08:31 PM   #3  
No more tears!

ok ty but is it alright to eat prezels?
Old 08-19-2005, 05:13 PM   #4  

Pretzels are an unrefined carbohydrate (white flour). I don't know your specific situation, but that kind of thing can be trouble for diabetics. Potatoes and white flour can be worse than pure sugar. You'd be better off with a high protein snack, like nuts or cheese, I would think. Maybe have just a few pretzels with it.
cher123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 09:42 PM   #5  
No more tears!

ok ty