Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2001, 12:50 AM   #1  

Thumbs down I can do this!

Hi! I'm new here, but I've been lurking for a day or so to get the feel of things around here. I like the support everyone seems to give and receive here, so I decided to join in!
My sister in law started weight watchers about a month and a half ago, and she's lost 16 pounds so far, so I checked around and found this site and Dotti's site, and have decided to do WW at home. I did my first weigh in tonight, and I hated the result. 194 pounds...not too far from the 206 I was at when I delivered my daughter almost 3 years ago, lol.
I've never been small, and when I was 25 or so I was around 150-160, and I maintained that until I got pregnant. After I had Jess the weight has just crept up on me, and I am finally ready to get it off of me for good! I'm going to do the points thing and I've decided to give up soda...I can drink DrPepper all day, and that's part of my problem. Water here I come, lol!
My goal is to be somewhere around 140....at this point 150 isn't too bad either. I'm 5'8", so I think either one of those is good for me.
Sorry this turned into such a long post! I look forward to getting to know all of you on this journey!
Old 06-12-2001, 03:12 PM   #2  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs down

Frances,
Best wishes and much success with your WW at home program. Lots of people have been happy losing weight that way.

234/?/thinner
Old 06-12-2001, 07:48 PM   #3  

Welcome Frances,
You will get lots of support here, people are very helpful here. Glad you could join us.
Old 06-13-2001, 12:32 AM   #4  

Default ready to join too!

Hi Frances!

Like you, I have been a "lurker" for quite a while and have finally decided to give this a serious try! I have been on and off WW since January but haven't followed the program faithfully. Gonna make a commitment to change that here and now!

I have been up and down since I got married 12 years ago. Have gone from 130 or so (then) to around 187 now. I have had three children, didn't gain much weight while I was pregnant, all the weight piled on during the first year with each one! I am at the point where I can't stand the extra weight any more!!!

I know WW works because I tried the points program a while back! Just need the encouragemnet to stick with it! I already feel better just putting my thoughts into words here! I figure that if I put the effort into getting healthy that I have into getting this extra weight on, I should do well! Up til now every day has been the same, wake up with good intentions which last til lunch time, then everything goes out the window and I think tomorrow is the day, I've already blown it now so I better stuff myself til tomorrow; the only problem being was I "tomorrowed" myself til I gained nearly 60 pounds! Can anyone relate to this or am I just crazy?

Well now that I have gone on and on, (sorry) I'm ready! This is it! The start of a new, healthier life! Are you with me Frances? (And anyone else!) LET'S JUST DO IT!!!!!
Old 06-13-2001, 02:00 AM   #5  

the only problem being was I "tomorrowed" myself til I gained nearly 60 pounds! Can anyone relate to this or am I just crazy?

You're not crazy....I've done the same thing! I finally the other day just got tired of being fat. I think the last straw was when I went to buy some new shorts for summer and I noticed size 17-18 fit better than my 16 did.
I did pretty good today...25 points!! I grabbed a few M&Ms from a friend at work, but they wouldn't even equal a 2 point serving so I just counted it as a taste. The points are easier than I thought though....I can't wait to weigh in next week!
Old 06-13-2001, 12:47 PM   #6  

Oh I can so relate to the "trying on shorts" episode. Just a few days ago I went to do the same thing and was so upset to see that the 16's were tight! I refused to buy any til I loose at least a few pounds.

Today is day one for WW. Weighed in at 189 (most I have ever weighed, even more than when I delivered any of my kids!) I am 5'4" and am hoping to get down to around 130. Would love to be somewhere around goal by the end of the year, but I'm not going to get discouraged if the weight is not all off by then. Just going to follow the program, exercise and drink lots of water and see what happens! Any steps toward a healthier lifestyle will make me feel better.

Well enough rambling, gonna go dust off one of my exercise videos and get my rear in gear!

Lisa
189/130
Old 06-15-2001, 01:38 AM   #7  

Angry water

. Just going to follow the program, exercise and drink lots of water and see what happens!
Me too...I've been really good about the water. I take my 32 ounce cup to work, and make sure I drink at least 2 cups. That's 64 ounces....and I figured out that it's like 8 8 ounce glasses. It's a lot easier for me to drink 2 big glasses than 8 smaller ones. I slipped and had some MtDew tonight, but I still managed to stay under points. (only 20 for the day!!) I'm not hungry though, I think all the water is filling me up, lol.
Closed Thread