South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 01:00 PM   #1  

I hate to sound like a complete DA, but what exactly does a craving feel like? I don't think I have any. I do enjoy all types of food, but not as many as I used to before I found out how harmful some foods can be.

I may have to go back to P1, too because my weight is bouncing around the same 2 pounds and can't get the numbers on my evil scale to start going down again. I know I need more water. The thought of P1 depresses me to no end. Is there a P1.5?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:47 AM   #2  

I love your quote about housekeeping. I thought I was the only one who thought about phase one & starting over. Does that mean we're doing something wrong & need to figure out what exactly it is - or just that we're going over board on the carbs and need to get back to basics? Do you think cravings have to be for something special, or does it mean you just want to eat? I think thats my problem. I just want to eat all the time. Got any suggestions?
Old 08-17-2005, 10:10 AM   #3  
Kyemom

Eat veggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2005, 12:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

When I get a craving all I can do is think about that particular food. The bad thing is is that when I finally have it it is never as good tasting as I thought it would be. Now that I am back OP I think my cravings for and love of some good sweet tea will be my hardest thing to overcome.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:56 PM   #5  
Who needs sleep?

Are you actually hungry all the time? Or is there another reason, such as for comfort or other emotional reasons? If you are actually hungry all the time, try a little something sweet at the end of your meals - sweetness tells your taste buds and tum that the meal's over, and helps you feel more full.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

For me a craving is like when your mouth wants to eat something and your brain says this would be good about now.

Sometimes it emotional, aggrevated with someone or something and I want something crunchy and salty. Depressed or sad I want something creamy and sweet. Bored I just want to eat something easy and small so I can eat the rest of the afternoon while I'm watching TV....see I know exactly what my bad eating habits are I just have to counter them..I'm getting much better about all this so please don't post me suggestions about getting into OA. Really I've got the hang of it.

Sarah
Closed Thread