Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 10:13 PM   #1  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Your Success Story

Im thinking of trying weight watchers again (on my own I cant afford meetings) and I would like it if you guys could post your success stories with weight watchers here for my motivation, post how much you've lost, how you did it etc. I need tips, advice and motivation!! Thanks everyone!!
Old 08-15-2005, 10:27 PM   #2  
banned

i lost 65 lbs 10 yrs ago and regained some....i rejoined 10 weeks ago and lost 26 lbs on core
Old 08-16-2005, 12:17 AM   #3  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaphilip3
i lost 65 lbs 10 yrs ago and regained some....i rejoined 10 weeks ago and lost 26 lbs on core
I'm doing points on the turnaround program, what type of exercise do you do? do yuo eat a special way or do u just try to eat healthy and stick to your points??
Old 08-16-2005, 09:17 AM   #4  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Trixie,
I too do WW at home on my own. I do not have the funds to go to meetings or do it online so I use this site as my support and it has helped thus far. I began exercising on March 01 thirty mins a day /5 times a week. I lost 19 lbs doing that and began WW on 6/13 at 221.5 ---I am down 21.5 lbs with 36 more to go. You will love this site!! They are great! I follow the flex plan too I forgot to add that.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:29 PM   #5  

Hi Trixie!
This past Easter Sunday I was getting ready to go to Church. I went to my closet and pulled out the dress that I had bought last year especially for Easter and tried to slip it on. It was way to tight, I could barely get the thing down around my hips. Now, the thing is, when I bought this dress LAST YEAR I thought it was huge. I wanted so badly to buy some of the cute little spring dresses that were hanging up at the front of the store. Instead, I had to take that long walk to the BACK of the store, where they keep all of the larger sizes. I wore the dress a few times, but then started to avoid it because I thought the dress was starting to shrink (not ME gaining weight...it was the dress) So, I hadn't worn it in a while. Well, like I said, I put the thing on, and I couldn't wear it. I had a little breakdown. I had this breakdown in front of my husband. My weight has always been like the elephant in the middle of the room that we have ignored. I knew I was getting bigger, but I figured if I didn't mention it then it would be my own little secret. (Like he couldn't notice for himself). I told him I had to do something. None of my clothes were fitting me anymore, I hated the way I felt (tired, knees that ached). So, two days later (on Tuesday) I rejoined WW. I have done it before, but I have never been more determined then I am now. Before, I always tried to work the points program out to include what I wanted to eat. Now, I do the fruits and veggies everyday. I journal everyday. I drink my water everyday. And recently I have started exercising 3-4 days a week. I also keep a seperate journal that I can write down my feelings on my weight loss. i know sometimes my family and friends get tired of me talking about it, so I turn to my journal and write it all down.

Some of my weeks have been better then others, and NO ONE is perfect. But, you have to take it one day at a time, and not give up when you mess up!!
Old 08-19-2005, 07:09 PM   #6  
MRSKMS

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5'4"

I went into my Dr for my usual checkup and was sent for the standard mammo, blood work etc and they also sent me for a bone density test

Got there and the x-ray tech said I had to step on the scale!!!

I was mortified and said I would rather go back for the squash and mash test than step on the scale

That motivated me to go back and get back to goal!!

I have bobbed from 125 to 200 over the past 11 yrs and just couldn't seem to get it together

So my plan is to reach goal by my anniversary on Oct 9 and maintain after that.

I really want to be back at goal and tone up by the time I am 50 (I am 48 now) My biggest goal is to be able to maintain as once I reached lifetime I managed to stay there for about a year and then started the climb up again.

This summer has been hard but it is just about over so now time to get back on with this

It has to be a lifestyle change and if that means sometimes falling off then so be it as long as a person can shake it off and get back on with it

Welcome
Cindy
Old 08-19-2005, 07:37 PM   #7  
banned

im on core not flex so the basis is healthy, whole foods. i lift weights, swim, and use an abdoer daily
Old 08-19-2005, 07:45 PM   #8  

I don't have a success story. I never did very well on WW the several times I tried to do it. But I wanted to make sure I subscribed to this board so I can read all of the replies later on when I have more time. So I am posting this message here. Wish you all success!
Closed Thread