Old 08-15-2005, 05:28 PM   #1  

Default Week At A Time Challenge #8

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s) and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:28 PM   #2  

Exclamation I finally made it to the thread!

Well, it took me long enough to figure ou how to get to the point where I could actually post a message but I'm here! I tried to get an avacar under my name, but I don't think that it worked! I've been trying to get it together - weight, housecleaning, weight, everything, weight, I guess you get the picture. I have been trying to get up and workout with the girl on Lifestyle at 7AM. After two days I could hardly move! Like some of the others, if I don't get my housecleaning under control, it's all going to fall down on all of us and bury us! I just finished a bowl of salad, but it's after 7 PM, so I'll probably be eating when my husband and son come in from football practice. I'm new to this so I wish I could comment/support/get feedback from the rest of you. I'm sure that I'll get the hang of it soon! Any suggestions on notification type? By the way, my scale needs bateries! Any knowledge of where to get the right kind of circle baterries?

Last edited by Casper5AXTSU76; 08-15-2005 at 07:37 PM.
Casper5AXTSU76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 08:29 PM   #3  
Haley

My challenge for the week, since I have the 1200 cal thing down is to do at least 4 days of working out this week.

I worked out for an hour today and did strength training, so I've finished day 1 of 4 of my challenge.

Good luck to everyone this week!
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 08:57 PM   #4  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Glad that it's a new week.
As I said in the old thread, my goals are going to be pretty much the same this week, but I'm going to modify them a bit - and especially make them more precise, especially the exercise goal!

And also as I said in last week's thread...
I'm not going to admit what time I got up today... but you should be able to guess if I say that at 4:30 am I was far from being asleep... Yesterday at 10 pm I got anxious and panicky about the upcoming move ...and started packing books into boxes, while also watching The Fellowship of the Ring on DVD and doing the laundry. By 2 am I was falling on my face, but the downstairs neighbour knocked on our door just when we were about to collapse into the bed... ummm... so I guess I have a new motivation to fix my sleep routine: not have the neigbour come up again and/or not have him complain to the management...

I'm very relieved - I don't seem to have gained more than half a pound despite being so off plan last week (no exercise, next to no water, but pizza and lots of cookies instead...)

Hopefully tonight I'll fall asleep early. I'm working early tomorrow, so I better do! If not, then we'll quietly continue watching LOTR. No packing or bouncing around for sure!
Because the scale hasn't really gone up despite the off plan week, I realized that I still might make it somewhere close to my Labour Day goal (which I've almost given up). I'll be extatic if I can reach 120s by then - and it's doable, just need to work hard. And I intend to.

Here are my goals for this week:
1. continued challenges:
- take the iron supplement
- not eat after 7 pm
- work on sleep schedule and keep posting what time I got up and went to bed)
- stay on track with the 21 Day Challenge
- work on August goals (and have a critical look at them and do a mid-month check and adjustment if needed)
- water: drink at least 2.25 litres, try to work up to 2.5 litres (minimum 3 days)
- walk the stairs (no escalators/movators/elevators unless absolutely necessary)
2. modified exercise challenge:
- exercise daily, but keep the daily goals realistic!
- work towards going to the gym in the morning before work (Wednesday: aerobic class, other days: 60 mins cardio - at least 10 mins. treadmill; bike and/or elliptical, try rowing machine, skip rope (500 skips)
- exercise routine
Monday: Aquafit; Tuesday: skating; Wednesday: swimming, Aquafit and skating; Thursday: abs & thighs workout (and if not meeting with friend, then also step class and rope skipping), maybe badminton; Friday: swimming, Aquafit, skating (preferably) or badminton; Saturday: gym before work and rope skipping, maybe badminton; Sunday TBD
(might have to adjust this... skating depends on my coach and badminton depends on the weather and my boyfriend...)
- draft up a new gym schedule for the following 2 weeks once the fitness class schedule comes out

Good luck to everyone this week! : : :

Last edited by Sushi Penguin; 08-15-2005 at 08:59 PM.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:46 PM   #5  

Default New Week Jump Start

Good Monday Evening Ladies!

Welcome to our newest member Casper . Hope it's ok if we abbreviate your log name. Let us know asap what weight loss goal you are working on so we can support you!

To our Shining Stars from last week . . .

Bonnie and for pounds down!

Sushi Your labor day goal is within in reach - we are ing for you!

carla Congrats for hanging in with the 21-day challenge!

Bev for 7 days!

haleys for 7 days! and for pounds down!

OK ladies -let's jump on the coat tails of Bev and haleys and stretch for 7 consistent days of something for our weight loss goals!

My goals this week are to drink a minimum of 72 oz of water a day and track my weight watchers points everyday! I know I can count on you to cheer me on

Have a great evening!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:31 PM   #6  

Hiya ladies.

As of tomorrow I'm travelling for work again for a week, so my goals will be less ambitious than they could be. I want to maintain my weight - stay in onederland. I also plan to have my 8 glasses of water, and at least 20 min exercise per day. I'll start tomorrow, I think. So far I've been losing without too much effort, and that won't last so I had better get more active soon. Anyway, I'll certainly be with you all for some time to come - 49 lbs worth, in fact.

I won't be posting after tomorrow afternoon as I probably won't have access to a computer this week. I'll be looking forward to hearing how you all do once I get back!

Mscat, Sushi, Bonnie, Bev, Haleys, Casper - Good luck with those new goals. I'll be thinking of you and sending lots of :.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:58 PM   #7  

Hi msccat! Since you wanted to know asap what weight loss goal I am wiorking on, I give you an approximationm since as I said, in my first posting, the batteries in my scale are dead. I bounce between the 150s - the 160s. I'd ultimately like to lose about 40 pounds.

How do I put a picture under my name and my location?

Hi haleys! I'm the new kid on the block. Congratulations for having the 1200 cal thing down and for working out for an hour today. I hope to be up in the morning at 7 AM for an hour workout myself. I also have a neighbor who has a lot of excercise eqipment in her basement - and I hope to workout with her on Wed. and Fri.

Hi Sushi! I am one who wakes up a lot during the night also. And when it comes to moving, moving is #1 on my list of stressful things, so we have that in common. I hope that you successfully fall asleep early tonight. Since it's 10:51, I doubt if I will.....

Nite nite everbody!
Old 08-15-2005, 11:13 PM   #8  

Hi carla! You posted while I was replying. I just wanted to tell you that I love your picture of the fat cat. I love cats! We have a black and white shorthair, rigiht now, whose name is Jingles. We rescued her a year ago, January, and she's not fat, but she could stand to lose a few pounds herself! Thank you for the that you'll be sending while you're traveling!

nite, nite!
Casper
Old 08-16-2005, 12:27 AM   #9  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Monday check
Goals accomplished. I'm still not admitting what time I woke up today... and now it's 12:20 pm. Water was a tiny bit low (but won't be if I finish the half glass I have here), and I had to take the elevator at work once.

Mscat, thank you for your encouragement

Casper, hi and welcome to the group!

Haley, I'm with you on the workout as well!

Carla, good luck with your week and check in when you can!

Night!
Old 08-16-2005, 01:36 AM   #10  

Hi Sushi! I was just shutting down all of my windows on both internet explorer and msn, when I decided to check back to the website. I'm still not sure that I know how to find it, once I've logged out of my computer! I see that you posted again at 12:20 AM......

Thanks for the welcome!

It's 1:31 AM and I'm getting ready to sign off.

Night nite!

Casper

Last edited by Casper5AXTSU76; 08-16-2005 at 01:40 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:16 AM   #11  

Monday goals accomplished! Walked 35 minutes (that's all I have time for in the morning when I'm going to work) and kept well within my points. Wednesday is my weigh-in day and think I'm going to stay the same -- just can't seem to get off 164 lbs but one of these days it will be GONE!!

Sushi - when is your moving date? Moving is such a stressful time - exciting but "scary" at the same time.

Casper - welcome to the group. I had a battery operated scale and the dumb thing never did work out so threw it out and went back to my old faithful.

MsCat - I know you're going to meet your goals every day this week. I think tracking is the most important thing for me. Just knowing I have to write everything down keeps me well in check.

Haleys - glad to see you're feeling better and back on track.

And Carla - travel safely and check in when you get home.

Bonnie - if you're out there ... "Hi from Wisconsin"!

Everyone have a wonderful Tuesday.
Bev in WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 03:01 PM   #12  

Hi Bev! Glad to hear that you accomplished your Monday goals.! I missed my morning goal, today. My goal was to get up in time to work out with the girl on Lifetime channel at 7 AM. I woke up at about 7:50! BUT I did do her cool down exercises (even through the commercial) and did her tip for the day exercise after the show went off! I thought that I was going to pass out! I did get a cup of water to take my morning meds, instead of juice or pop, and I've been sipping off of it all day, while I've been dealing with this crazy computer of mine! I finally just rebooted it so that I could get something done! Thanks for the welcome! My scale is not that old, but the kids and the cat, not to mention my husband, always seem to leave something on it. So, I think that the batteries wore out early. I'm either going to find some batteries online today, or make plans to find out where I can go to by some replacements.

Sushi - guess what? I SLEPT ALL NIGHT! After I signed off, I was so relaxed that even though I had things on my mind, I STILL SLEPT ALL NIGHT! So, like I said to Bev, I didn't get all of my morning exercies in, at least I slapt all night, and I didn't recognize myself when I woke up this mornign! I felt strange. Hope that you have a good dealing with your stress from the moving situation! I'm an expert on stress! Like I said to you earlier, moving is my #1 most strssful things I don't deal well with. But you hang in there! Everything will work out!

Hope I have a wonderful rest of the day today.

Casper
Old 08-16-2005, 03:09 PM   #13  

Hi Haleys! Just thought that I'd give a quick shout out, since you are online! Hope that you have a good workout today!

Casper
Old 08-16-2005, 10:00 PM   #14  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Just saying hi quickly... I had trouble falling asleep last night again, got up and in the end went to bed around 3 am... got up at 7:15 am, so I'm really tired an off to bed. Goals met.

Hope everyone is doing good too!
Old 08-17-2005, 09:01 AM   #15  

Walked 35 minutes on Tuesday and 50 minutes this morning - I'm trying for the 21 days but don't post on that thread and this morning was day #12. Now I'll really kick myself if I miss a day!!!

Was unhappy with my week's weigh in this morning as I was down to 164 yesterday but bounced right back up to 165 this morning - just seem to really hang on to that 165. This is my first plateau and they are so frustrating - but know that I'll get past it. Just need to keep on keepin' on!

Sushi - I feel so sorry for you with your sleep issues. I have never had that problem but it has to be a major pain in the butt. Just wish you could get through a few nights of sleeping well as I think that would resolve it for you. Wish I had some advice but I'm sure you've tried everything I could come up with.

Everyone have a good hump-day and meet that challenge early!!!!
Bev in WI is offline   Reply With Quote