South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 06:05 AM   #1  
Who needs sleep?

Default Manic Monday

Eeek ! It's 3 am here in my time zone! What am I DOING still UP???

Cutting up vegetables and making Greek salad for DH's lunch, so he won't be tempted to stray tomorrow (oops, I mean today!) while he's at the courthouse for jury duty - that's what! But boy, am I tired . Thank goodness that's done with - now maybe I can get a few hours sleep before crawling out of bed to fry eggs and make tea to start his day right....

Everyone have a glorious day ! Remember, Monday is all in your head!
Old 08-15-2005, 06:53 AM   #2  

Heather you are up very late... or early as the case may be Hope you get a good sleep in.

Today I cooked some great meals so that we wouldn't eat badly on my late nights... but I did a very bad thing I made some banana bread for my daughter as a treat and while i was cooking I started picking... and a few picks turned into one little mini loaf... and then one turned into two
sigh... I feel quite cranky with myself, but know that it isn't the end of the world... but when I get tired I seem to do stuff on autopilot...grrrr... no excuse!

See you chickies later!
Old 08-15-2005, 07:12 AM   #3  

Good Morning!

Heather- What a good wife you are! I hope you get a few peaceful hours.

Mariana-I feel your pain... Don't beat yourself up too bad about it.

I, too, strayed this weekend. I don't officially start phase 2 until tomorrow. I just had to have that SBD pizza in the freezer. Since it was Phase 2 okay, I didn't feel so bad. But, then I had a happy meal at McDonald's. I don't know why I did that. The craving wasn't too bad. I am on TOM and noticed that I'm not fighting as well. I will have to work on that. Today is another day. I made some breakfast cheesecakes and I have several premade stuff frozen. I will try to stay OP the best I can this week. I have a friend from out of town in and I believe we will go out to eat at least once. So, I will have to try to make good choices.

I hope everyone is having a good morning!
Old 08-15-2005, 07:19 AM   #4  

Quick drive by- Happy Monday!!!!
Old 08-15-2005, 07:54 AM   #5  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Good morning Chicklets! Now that my strep throat is gone, it's back to plan...this morning I am enjoying two boiled eggs, a cup of cottage cheese and a cup of cantaloupe....YUMMMM

HEATHER: Go to bed woman!!!

MARIANNA: I agree--don't beat yourself up!

DANA: It's a new day--just get back on the horse!

Have the best day possible!!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:03 AM   #6  
gotta lose it!

Good Morning everyone...quick drive by!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:03 AM   #7  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning My Little Chickadees~~

I almost made duck pizza this morning--duck ROAD pizza! There was this duck standing in the middle of the road across the street from the park where I have to drive past. Didn't see her til I was right on her.(it was 4:00) Gave her tail feathers a close shave at 45 mph! She probably laid an egg right on the spot!

Nothing too exciting going on...The mussels turned out most excellent! There were a few casualties, but I guess you always expect that when cooking shellfish, so we ended up with about 9 pounds total. We ate our fill and there were just enough left for me to have for lunch today, along with some leftover zucchini.

Okay, gotta scram! Hope you all have a great day on the Beach!!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:07 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, if I ever get more than a quick drive by it will be nice, I have to run the kids to the golf course then stop and pick up a few things at the grocery store then head back home to do some laundry and then we need to clean sweep oldest dd's bedroom so that we can get it painted. Anyway love and hugs to you guys and when school gets back in I will have more time to post.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:19 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Manic Monday indeed! Sunday evening was dretty darn manic too!

I had settled down with a diet tonic and a movie when my Cousin Ian showed up. He had been up on the Island alone, got stung by a wasp and came down the Lake to Delta because he felt "funny". Funny indeed! By the time he'd thrown up three times and was lying on the floor shivering, I decided it was 911 time. They were here in less than 9 minutes and took him off to the hospital in Brockville. (Same medics as for H's trips - they probably wondered how I got a male replacement so soon! ) Anyhow, they called me at 2 to say Ian was OK to come home so I had another one hour return trip down that lonesome highway!

Ian was tucked into my renovated guest room for the remains of the night and is in the shower right now. I am going up the Lake with him this morning to ensure that tools are put away and everything locked up on The Island. He seems OK and now has a prescription for one of those allergy kit thingies. Scarey stuff!

I was supposed to go to a funeral at 11 this morning but will skip that because of the Island trip. This afternoon I intend to make chop-chop salad to do me for the week because I definitely need to detox after five days of company eating and drinking! Methinks a wee kip is in order too.

This guy will need a light breakfast so I'll pop back in later to read what's happening.

Everyone should read Suzanne's post about being tempted to cheat.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:09 AM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

Drive by for me, too. I'm on my way to see my psychi, and I have another appointment this afternoon... hope to be back in later... love you all!

ps Heather, I was awake late, too. Although not up... just tossing and turning. I finally took a pill at 2, and dropped off around 3. We're going to need a nap later, girl!
Old 08-15-2005, 09:32 AM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies
I'm trying to Pep Myself up this AM. Soem of my friends were supposed to hang out with me tonight or so I thought and things fell through in favor of another friend. Who Lives in the city and doesn't work full time. So color me ditched
I have to remember I'm 29 Married and have a full time Job most of them are 23/24 single and students. It just sucks some times
Saturday we went Ocean Fishing in a 110 heat index! But it was still fun and I caught 5 fish!
Yesterday we went to a train museum in Whippany with SIL and her 2 kids it was fun Sarah my lil Neice wanted to hang out with me I felt special!
I finally bought a dress for the wedding yesterday. 5 stores and only one dress
Most either didn't carry any formal wear unless you were anorexic I saw alot of 2's Loehmanns (to quote Fran Drescher) The Mother ship NOThing formal for the voluptuous Chick. I hit our local shi shi mall and in a half hour Hit Macys Neimans Nordstrom and Bloomies ( when I know what I want I shop like a guy) Nordstrom and Bloomies were the only ones who even had plus sized formal wear. The Woman In Macys was going to get a slap from me if she said one more time "It just doesn't sell"
Bloomies had alot of crazy old woman dresses and Insane Gypsy Stevie Nicks Dresses
Nordstrom had 1 a 14WP (I probably could have done with a 16WP) its long and black knit with a hit of shimmer and a Silver and black short Jacket. It's a little tight around the tumular region But I think I can stretch it and its back to phase 1 for me today.
I will be the bling bling queen in the dress!
Today I'm swilling a coffee for keeping awake and um Celebratory reasons!
Heather you rock will you make my lunch too?
Marianna I had a few disgressions this weekend too (3 pieces of scone) and I'm back on the beach no regrets just looking forward
Dana We'll stick to our beach towel together!
Jen Hi! Glad your Strep is gone!
Mama OMG! am I going to have to loan you my copy of the roadkill cookbook
Lil Chick Reading your post made me tired
Ruth OMG you definitely need a good Kip
Ellis have fun with the Cranium Shrinker!
bbl
Kierie
Old 08-15-2005, 09:38 AM   #12  
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Good Morning everyone. Looks like we all have crazy schedules this morning. Hope it's a good day for everyone. I'm getting back OP after a sinful weekend.

See you all later,
Leann
Old 08-15-2005, 12:22 PM   #13  
RNMOM

Default Hey ladies

Sounds like everyone is busy today. NOT ME!!! After working 3 12 hour shifts in a row (well a 14 hour shift yesterday) I'm doing nothing today.....except go for a run, can beans from my garden and clean house. Sorry for you insomniacs last night I hate not being able to sleep.

Our weather is turning off cooler, fall is in the air.....sigh...... I hate winter. It's so much harder for me to exercise. I ate very badly all weekend, it was so hard to stay OP at work, I was definitely stress eating, which is way different than "nutritional eating". Yeessshhh, I have 4 days away from that place I look forward to detoxing. I will do phase 1 (AGAIN) for at least those 4 days and maybe for the whole two weeks. I feel so much better when eating OP.

Well, love and hugs to you all, I'm going for my run!
Old 08-15-2005, 01:14 PM   #14  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Weather is beautifully cool Down here in the Cape Yeah!!! and the road race is over,and we have our beachs back again. Walked for 30 mins.,should have have been more ,but we had a late start this morn and had to get home for my sons premere of his song he wrote. on the radio show he works for.

Down to 149 again,now that the water retention is gone.

K-Ho-Your a busy housewife,being up that early. for DH. I hate jury duty I was called twice but never got on a case.

Mariannna-Sorry about your temptations on the banana bread. That why I hate to bake, any kind of cake,as I can't stop the temptations

djett-Yikes TOM can always start cravings. I noticed that the SB entrees,pizzas & wraps all on sale this week in our super stop & shop supermarket 2 for $6.

Kiko-Hi Have a great day. See you later.

Jen-Sorry for your step throat,yikes that hard not to be abler to swollow.Hope you had some ice cream to sooth throat.

Soon-Hi see you later

Mamamcita- Duck pizza or soup??. What was he doing in the middle of the street.Glad you only hurt his feathers

Ruth-Oh!!! Does it ever stop for you.Your always on the go.Hope your cousin gets better with his prescription. I think I'm alleric to the little buggers myself.I haven't been bitten since I was a kid.,but i'm very careful not to be around them.

Ellis-Good LuckTake care,at the docs. Hope you find your ZZZZ's very soon.I Hate that when you can't sleep.

Ho-Sound like your a busy girl also this weekend.Take a deep breaths and stay beaching.

Leann- I have a graddaughter named Leanne, DD named her after my DH & Me.We all fall off the over the weekend,just try to get back on the wagon as fast as you can.

RNMOM-Havwe a relaxing Day,and enjoy.

Have a nice day Hugs BB
Old 08-15-2005, 02:19 PM   #15  
Who needs sleep?

Hello again,

Forgot to tell DH to wake me in time to cook his breakfast when I got to bed - whoopsie! I didn't wake until he was leaving - he wondered what he was supposed to do for breakfast as he couldn't eat his usual Raisin Bran! Poor guy! There wasn't time, then, so he'll have to pick something out of his lunch and snacks. Good thing I packed a lot!

I think I fell asleep between 3 and 4 this am. After I got to bed, I read "Doctor Faustus" until my eyes started to cross (getting a head start on Fall quarter reading). It didn't take long before that happened!

DH left around 7:30, and DS woke up when he came in to say goodbye (DS's crib is in our bedroom). DS dozed off and on for another hour or so, but I really only got about 4 hours sleep (give or take). That should get me through the day...I think!

I'm planning to take it easy today, although DS seems to think otherwise. He's trying to put his shoes on at the moment! Yesterday, he wanted to go on an "adventure" so he brought his shoes to us, and once we put them on (we were going to go shopping), he went and picked up his jacket and stood by the front door, waiting for us to hurry up! Kids are so cute!

It sounds like a busy day for everyone (except you, RNMOM - but you deserve a break!!)

Marianna - don't sweat it, it's really hard to break the automatic eating! It's easy to say to think before you eat, but when you're really tired....

Djett - again, don't sweat it! We beat ourselves up enough as it is!

Kiko - you, too!

Jeanette - so glad you're feeling better!

Soon2bfab - Vrrroooom!

Mamacita - glad your mussels were nummy! Enjoy your leftovers!

Little Chick - hope you get to pause for breath! What a busy girl!

Ruthxxx - sorry to hear about your cousin - I hope he feels better soon. Chopped salad sounds deee-lish!

Ellis - hope you get some rest somewhere in there!

KO - sorry about your friends . I know what you mean about the dress - I had an aitch-ee-double-hockeysticks of a time finding something for my brother's wedding a couple years ago. Everything I found screamed "frumpy matron" or "inmate at an asylum" or "oversize slut" to me! I'd been making my own, but had a mishap as I assembled the pieces the day before the wedding and had to rush out to buy one at the last minute. I finally found a pretty,sheer, lined, soft green skirt, a sheer ivory blouse with ruffled sleeve hems and a ruffled v-neck, all trimmed in lace, a white cami to go beneath it, and camel sandals. I still hate how I look in their pictures, though! Bleah! That's odd about the Macy's though - over here our version of Macy's was the Bon Marche (now called Macy's, too) - they've always had plus size formal wear. Maybe it's a west-coast vs east-coast thing? I'm glad you found something nice!

Nittany - good luck going back OP!

RNMOM - enjoy your time off. Nursing is very stressful; are you at a hospital? My mom is an RN but gave it up - the schedule was too hectic. Now she's a secretary at an elementary school. It doesn't pay nearly as well, but she loves it. Are you in northern ID, or southern? My brother and his wife love northern ID; she has a cousin there, and they fell in love with it on a visit. They'd move there if they could!

Beach bum - I bet the Cape is gorgeous this time of year. And 30 minutes of walking is a whole lot better than sitting on your backside all day! It's quite a decent walk, really, even if it's less that you usually do.

Well, ta for now - DS is getting into the garbage so I have to run!
Closed Thread