Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 01:02 PM   #1  
Melissa

Default Report Your NSV!

While the scale may not always reflect our hard work, there are other ways to judge our success. Here's a place where we can post our NSVs (Non-Scale Victories). I think we should be required to post one daily! We need to pat ourselves on the back. We all know that it is the little things that add up to big weight loss! So what have you done today that you are proud of?? The simplest, smallest things count!
Old 08-09-2005, 01:21 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, you DO always have such great ideas. My first one isn't from today but it was the big catalyst that sent me back to WW.

Because of a horrible work situation from January of 2002 until April 2005 I was under extreme stress on the job. I ate myself up at least 50 pounds. I worried (and stress ate some more) from early fall of 2004 until April 2005 (White Sox Opening Day) that when I went to the ballpark I wouldn't be able to fit through the turnstyle, especially since I carry a huge amount of my weight in my belly. I'm short too so I couldn't even lift the old belly up over the bars. It had become increasingly hard for me to get through the turnstyle as the 2004 season dragged on and my weight went up.

Imagine my happiness in Spring 2005 when I found out that not only had the turnstyles gotten wider so had the seats! Actually, I got smaller but it was funnier to say the turnstyles got bigger.

I can't tell you how much anxiety this provoked. I've always been afraid of public humiliation. I would have DIED if I had gotten stuck or worse yet been redirected to a wheel chair turnstyle or something like that. All I can say is thank God for Core.

Oh yeah, and one day not too long ago, without thinking, I bent over and tied my shoe. After I was done, I realized that it had been a long, long time since I had bent over and tied my shoe without sitting down first!

I've got a million of them!
Old 08-09-2005, 01:28 PM   #3  
banned

today? lets see.... water, fruit, exercise
Old 08-09-2005, 01:49 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

I set the alarm and got up early so I could exercise before the Handyman got here. It would have been easier to just "say" I was going to exercise later and then not at all.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:25 PM   #5  

Uh, today's NSV... someone called me a "hot Iowa mom." Does that count?

Angela
Old 08-09-2005, 02:43 PM   #6  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wow - what a great idea Melissa - helps us think of all the challenges which face on a daily basis that have nothing to do with scale numbers!

today's nsv: I did NOT EAT ANY OF THE GERMAN CHOCOLATES sitting 3 feet away from me. How's that?

froufie
Old 08-09-2005, 04:25 PM   #7  
Melissa

These are great!

So far for me today.......Let's see, there is a cabinet full of snack cakes, donuts, and cookies in the office kitchen and although I am craving sweets like crazy, I haven't eaten any!

Oh and my dear sweet hubby told me that I looked like I was losing weight this morning.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:52 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

melissa, this is a great idea. thank you for thinking of it and sharing the idea with us.

okay, hmmmmmmmm? i was lying on my side this morning and curtis reached over and put his hand on my waist. i know it sounds silly, but i think he was liking the way my waist dipped inward. that made me feel very victorious.

vickie, i know exactly how you felt about that turnstyle. i am so glad you're having good experiences now--and they are going to get even better. congratulations!

"hot iowa mom" definitely counts as a victory and deserves a celebration (non-food, of course.)

frouf, what a woman! that is truly strength you're showing us.

melissa, didn't that compliment from aaron make you smile big time? makes me smile for you, too.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:56 PM   #9  
Melissa

Awwww! Sandra, that's great!!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:00 PM   #10  

This is a great idea! Everyone does have success every day and I appreciate you reminding us to be proud of these small (& sometimes not so small) accomplishments.

I drank a 20 oz bottle of water at work today and prepared my oatmeal for breakfast and took it with me!
Old 08-09-2005, 10:45 PM   #11  
Melissa

I drank hot tea tonight while we were out with friends. Everyone else had a milkshake, cookies and ice cream, those kinds of things. It was difficult but I just drank my tea. And now I am quite proud! :
Old 08-09-2005, 11:21 PM   #12  

On the way home I bought a Hardees hand-dipped chocolate malt for my dh, who's sick, and I didn't even have one taste!

I had diet soda and ff popcorn instead.

Angela
Old 08-10-2005, 09:23 AM   #13  
Melissa

Today I am wearing a shirt that I haven't worn for at least 1 1/2 years. It is a Large (usually wear XL) and form fitting. I am incredibly paranoid but I think it looks pretty good! Of course I brought a cardigan to wear over it for when I get too paranoid.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:39 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

These NSV's are great! You are all amazing. See, everyone is doing much better than they even realized.

Great idea, Melissa. We should keep this going!
Old 08-10-2005, 07:30 PM   #15  

I made myself drink a glass of water before my 2nd cup of coffee this morning and I am drinking my 3rd glass since I got home from work. I am shooting for 2 more before I let myself have a diet coke!
Closed Thread