Old 08-08-2005, 08:10 PM   #1  

Default Question about LAWL plan

Hi Everyone
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share what the LAWL plan would be for someone weighing 310lbs? We cannot really afford to do LAWL...I am so desperate for help. One of the pastors in my church recommends this plan, I did go for a consult and it would be almost $1500.00 for me just to start
Anyway, thank you to anyone who responds.

Michelle
upheldwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:41 PM   #2  

How tall are you? and how active are you? and how old are you? These are all questions the center will ask you.

I am 5'4" and started out at 290.8, relatively inactive, no physical limitations, but I do take a diuretic for hypertension. They started me on the Red Plan with LA Lites. Red is 2 1/2 servings of protein, 3 servings of fruit, 4 servings of vegetables, 3 servings of starches, 1 serving of dairy and 1 serving of fat. You can substitute Pria or Luna bars for the Lites, or you can do the plan without them.

Do you know anyone that is on the plan that could help you? You will get lots of support online if you need it.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

You would most likely start out with the plan with the most amount of food on it, and continue on that plan until you stop losing weight. Then you would be switched to the plan just below that (as far as amount of food) and so on until you are at your goal weight.
It is time to switch plans when you are no longer losing weight in a week or two's time.
You have the choice of either buying the LA Lites bars cheaper off Ebay, or buying Luna bars to replace them at your local store.
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:27 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 4"

I was on Red Plus until 224, Red until 184, and then Purple the rest of the way. I'm 5' 4.5" tall and I was 230.4lbs when I started. And, I never did lites or Take Off/Fast Forward.

I think there may be three levels to Red (not sure) then there is Orange. Orange is higher than Red Plus, I know. I don't have any idea what is on it though. You may want to inquire on eBay about buying the entire plan for alot less. It all depends on your height, current weight, exercise, and whether or not you do the lites to what plan you should be on.

Last edited by MetalChic; 08-09-2005 at 10:32 AM.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:43 AM   #5  

Just to chime in here -- the portion sizes for protein drop as one gets off of purple and goes to gold or blue -- I think they are the same for red and purple?

Karen, on maintainence, did the portion sizes change? Just curious.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:47 AM   #6  

Protien portion sizes are the same for Red and Purple.

The starch portion sizes changed in stabilization/maintenance. For instance, a entire diet bun is one starch, an entire potato is one starch, 1/2c rice, and some more. I don't have the info right in front of me. The protien portion sizes did not change. Although, you get and additional 1/2 protien in stabilization.

Last edited by MetalChic; 08-09-2005 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:05 AM   #7  

There are a few things about stabilization and maintenance that I did not like.

1. They don't have the stabilization or maintenance for the new "Free to Live Plan" so they gave me old information that had some foods that we were allowed when the plan changed.

2. They don't give you a compiled list of everything. I have my purple book and 6 different weeks on their own paper that aren't even shaped the same to keep up with. It is all unorganized. I have to look in various places to find what I need, which is real annoying.

I need to sit down and make a compiled list for myself. Sometimes it's a pain trying to remember even what sheet or book to look for something. The foods that I eat often I don't even refer back to the information; but when I change things up or eat something that I don't eat often, I have to start searching through information.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:09 AM   #8  

>How tall are you? and how active are you? and how old are you? These are all questions the center will ask you.<

I am 5'8" not too active and I am 39.
My pastor only recommended the program, she doesn't do the program herself, I think her mom did it.

Thank you for all the replies
upheldwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:24 AM   #9  
Lifetime Loser

Hi, I got the diet on e-bay.....the whole diet plan including maintenance for $3.95 she e-mailed it to me.....go there but make sure what you order is the whole plan.

Phyllis
floridarusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:24 PM   #10  

I keep on looking for the plan on ebay, and can't find it anymore. I think the LA people stopped others from selling it - they were losing business, afterall.. .

Karen, I am dying for maintainence - imagine - a WHOLE diet bun at once! And do you get more than two starches a day? I don't know how I'll handle it!
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:17 PM   #11  

3 Starches a day....

4 if you use the options they give you in maintenance. Kind of like trading out things. For example, trading a fruit and veggie for a starch or half of your dairy. You dairy is doubled......
Old 08-09-2005, 03:23 PM   #12  

I may have worded that wrong.. let me try again.

Maintenance Purple without options: 1/2PP SSS VVVVV FFFF 16 oz Dairy

Option one is to trade one vegetable and one fruit for a starch.
i.e.: 1/2PP SSSS VVVV FFF 16oz Dairy

Option two is to trade 8oz dairy for a starch.
i.e.: 1/2PP SSSS VVVVV FFFF 8oz Dairy

Does that make sense? It took me a little while to understand it because the example they give on the sheet is of two different plans.

And if you use a diet bun or diet bread, you could have a sandwich and it only be counted as 1 starch on stabilization/maintenance.

Not to mention, an entire biscuit is 1 starch & 1 fat. MMMMM.....

Oh I almost forgot, you can have 2-3 fats per day.....

Don't tell anyone...

Last edited by MetalChic; 08-09-2005 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:33 PM   #13  

Needless to say, I have been having trouble getting it all in!
Old 08-09-2005, 05:51 PM   #14  

Hi Michelle,

Well, I just signed up today and weighed in at 303 lbs, and they gave me the Red plan.

I see someone else posted about there being different Red Plans....can anyone fill us in on this?

Also, in an earlier response to your post Regina gave you the allowances for the Red, but mine are different. Mine are:

Protien = 2 1/2 servings
Veggies = 4 servings
Fruits = 4 servings (1 more than Regina's Red plan)
Starches = 4 servings (1 more than Regina's Red plan)
Dairy = 2 servings (1 more than Regina's Red plan)
Fats = 1 serving

So, this makes me wonder about these multiple Red plans. I'd really be curious to know if anyone knows what the differences are or how many Red plans there are. Also, I think I read somewhere that the plans changed at the beginning of the year (allowing more food or something) so perhaps Regina was on Red before this year.

Lynn

P.S. If you can't find the Red plan on ebay, maybe we could figure out a way to get you a copy of mine, like scanning it in and sending it via email or something.
LynnRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 05:57 PM   #15  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Lynn-

I am on the same plan-it's called Red Plus. I started out at 305.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote