Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-06-2005, 06:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/210/121

Height: 5'4"

Talking Cravings and Cheats Foiled!

Hello, my first post!

I thought it would be fun to hear what cravings and cheats you've been able to beat down lately and how.

Donuts brought home by my husband---> sent over to Grandma's house!

At the grocery store, I avoided buying my trigger crunchies and instead got my two most unfavorites for the rest of the house...pretzels and plain tostitos. Yuck. Who cares about those?
sweet_yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 07:51 PM   #2  
Meg

Good going, Deanna! Great topic!

Let's see ... I was really craving sweets toight so made my mock hot chocolate out of plain cocoa powder, water and Splenda (for 20 calories). Worked like a charm!

Welcome to 3FC!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 01:00 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Heh, I did the exact same thing last night with the cocoa and Splenda. Really takes care of the cravings!

Pretzels are actually a no-no for me, because I never stop with them and they're hard to find in small bags. I wanted to buy some pretty badly tonight while shopping, and I was sitting in the aisle reading the various nutritional facts, hoping that one of them would have magically changed since last time. Yeah, right. So instead, I put them back and went to the produce aisle and bought some grapes and canteloupe that were on sale.

And the cake that DB brought home last week from his parent's house must have been older than he thought, because it grew "mold" within a couple of days and had to be thrown away
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 02:40 AM   #4  
Haley

JoyfulVegGirl, what exactly was this "mold" and what's up with that wink at the end??
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 09:58 AM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I don't actually try to avoid them. Hubby loves Krispy Kreme donuts and will get a box of them from time-to-time. Ok, so I eat a half of one or take a bite off of one he's eating...rather than totally avoid it. Then I'm satisfied with it. Sometimes I go out to eat with the decision already made to actually have desert. But if I'm not planning for desert, I will even cover/hide the desert menu/card they leave on the tables to tempt you, just to get it out of my sight, otherwise, I'd consider that a cheat since I had not planned on it ahead of time.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

haleys, I think maybe she just tossed it and told HIM that it had mold. Am I correct Joyful?
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:12 AM   #7  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Ah "mould" what a pain that is...

Since I've started eating 6 meals a day I find I don't have many cravings and can resist pretty much anything! I managed to resist a Danish Pastry the other day! I've decided I don't really like them anyway! Otherwise, if it's something I'm REALLY craving, then I say to myself, "We'll have it at weekend..." By then I've usually forgotten about it!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 02:38 PM   #8  

I usually eat what I crave, but in small moderation. I have a thing for Cheetos, so I buy the baked ones and I can eat them when I get the craving. I weigh them out and make sure to close the bag and put them away so I am not tempted to eat more than one serving.
AngelKisssezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 03:04 PM   #9  

ummmmmmmmm.... Sugar free Fudgecycles... saves me from Ice-cream everytime!
Also fat-free cool whip with fresh strawberries..who needs cake!
dona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:39 PM   #10  
Mikey's girl

mmm fudgesicles.... And I always crave CARAMELLOS at TOM but I always end up geting one and eating half of it!! so my cravings, I cave...or fat free pudding... yuummm...
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:03 PM   #11  

Talking

By the way.. Deanna... Welcome to the board!!
dona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:22 AM   #12  

Height: 5'5"

Weird, I must be on the same page mentally with everyone here, because today I added a bit of frozen banana to the cocoa, blended it and froze it with popsicle sticks... instant mini sugar-free fudge bars! Well, a bit of natural sugars, but yummy. I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

Yeah, the "mold" was this new special kind of mold that is completely invisible and tasteless, but deadly. Very similiar to the "mold" that attacked some left over donuts a few weeks ago. One might even say that it doesn't exist, but after sampling some frosting I knew I had to Lysol and throw it away as quickly as possible, or it might have killed us all. Thank god I got to it in time

I mean, he doesn't even like cake that much anyway. He's one of those horrible skinny people who can look at a cake day after day and never have even one piece. He has bags of chips from before the civil war, gathering dust in the back of the pantry. The mind boggles.

Last edited by JoyfulVegGirl; 08-09-2005 at 12:25 AM. Reason: typo
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote