South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 06:31 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - August 6 & 7

Good morning and another hot one.

The AC guy came early yesterday and got my air back on - just a fuse. It's not running right now and I hope it's because the house is cool rather than another fuse!

I went out to the karaoke at the Long Horn last night with some friends but couldn't hack it more than an hour because of the smoke. There were 200 people there and I swear they all smoked. Ontario's no smoking law doesn't seem to apply to small extablishments in tourist towns. My clothes went directly into the washer and I had to shower and shampoo before going to bed. I can still smell it this morning - maybe I need a nostril enema!

My darlings are still quiet but I'm going to get them up anyhow. This sleeping in is great but we need to crank up the day. We will go visit Harry this morning and I may do some furniture painting this afternoon.

What are your weekend plans?
Old 08-06-2005, 07:11 AM   #2  

Look who's back in the Hen House! Good Morning my pudgy pals!
Ruth: Darling , caught up on your journal entries... the quilt is divine! Glad Harry is settled... and yes, life is changing!
I am completely spent and must muster up some energy for a walk.. We managed to move about 7,000 lbs of crap to crap up our new house in Holly Springs. The house is lovely! I have a 12 foot Butterfly Bush outside my kitchen windows...My first day there I was greeted by my favorite-Hummingbirds, and hugical "Mothra" size butterflies! The girls were in their glory allowed to run free in the 1/3rd acre fenced in yard, and the deck is just fabulous! I was pretty much off plan though..either fast food , or my MIL home cookin meat and potatoes.. But thats okay, I really worked hard loading and unloading the trailer and carrying boxes hither and dither..When we arrived the neighbor across the way sent over a hand truck for us, and said he would send us Gumbo for dinner...Then arrived on our doorstep stating that the gumbo was so bad he was too embarrassed to send it..so he gave us a rain check.. Talk about a wam neighborly welcome...not somethin' I'm used to comming from JOISEY.
We took a day off before our return to just drive about.. There are 3 lakes close to us, camping and nature trails.. I look forward to exploring..I think I'm really gonna like NC. We left at 4 in the morn yesterday-arrived back in NJ at 12.. The movers came and did a re-estimate..one I can live with.. about 3,000 to move the rest of our "Junque". Our NJ home looks like a crack house--Back to Phase 1 for me for a coupla days!
Old 08-06-2005, 07:38 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, I know what you mean about the smoking. I thought the bylaw was all over Ontario until DH and I were in Smiths Falls one morning, and went into a restaurant/bar for a cold drink. There were a couple of guys sitting at the bar smoking, and DH and I were looking at each other like, "Do we call the police!?"
I hope the visit with Harry goes well.

Schatzi, you're back!! We missed you, sweetie!!
Your new place sounds lovely, and what great neighbours!! Golly... Gumbo for dinner... next thing you know, you're going to have a SERIOUS accent, darling.

Speaking of air-conditioners, when I was with my optometrist yesterday, she told me that she and her family are going away for two weeks, and that they like to leave the air-conditioner running so the house doesn't get stuffy. Ummm... HELLOOOO!?!? The rest of us are trying to save energy so we don't get knocked off the power grid (not to mention, how about saving the planet), and you're keeping your house cool for the spiders!?!?

It's our wedding anniversary! 17 years. We were lying in bed last night, and I said to DH, "Three more years, and it'll be 20." We looked at each other incredulously and started laughing. Geez... it seems like we were married only yesterday! How could we have been married so long!
Old 08-06-2005, 08:00 AM   #4  

Happy anniversary Ellis!! Mine is coming up in Sept., it will be 11 years, cant believe it!!

Ruth, glad to hear your AC is working, I just turned mine off yesterday to hear that tomorrow will be back up into the 90's !!

Schatzi, glad to hear everything went well with you moving trip and that you love your new house!! I dont post very often but enjoy reading them all when my 3 kids are busy doing something else (or sleeping) missed yours last week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 08-06-2005, 08:26 AM   #5  

Thanks, 3!girls! Yes, time just flies by, doesn't it? I clearly remember heading to Burger King immediately after our wedding reception. We were so busy socializing that we barely ate anything, and we were STARVING!!
Old 08-06-2005, 09:30 AM   #6  

Morning, gals! We are settled in at my sister's house in South Carolina. We had a wonderful dinner last night at a Chinese restaurant. They had a low carb menu and I got a bowl of three types of seafood stir fried with veggies. Really good. Today we are meeting for lunch with one of my high school friends who is driving from North Carolina to Florida today with his two daughters. We choose a Cracker Barrel restaurant. I'm going to have to do some seaching but I've heard that there menu has some OP stuff.

I didn't have any trouble getting connected to their wireless network this morning so I will be able to keep in touch. I don't think I'll be weighing daily since the scale is in the master bath but I'm going to at least try to weight on Wednesday for my weekly weighin.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:35 AM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Nothing new to report, my life is a total bore.Eat Exercise and than Eat again.

Ruth=Happy to hear your staying cool.We have a no smoking town,but the smokers are still at it. Yike They're killing us along with them.Dh gave it up 20 year ago.

Ellis=Happy 17th Wedding Anniversary Wow!! I can believe how long I've be married more that double yours,next year is going to be #40.

Schatzie=Best Wishes for moving to your new home. Its sound beautiful with all those bushes & hummibirds.I know what you mean about friendly neighbors. Living in the New York New Jersey area all my life the neighbors stick to their-selves and aren't friendly,but now that we live on Cape Cod we have all kinds of friendly people around.

Have a nice weekend Hugs BB
Old 08-06-2005, 10:19 AM   #8  

Morning gals!

Schatzi Welcome back dah-ling!

Ellis Happy Anniversary! Hope you are planning something fun to celebrate.

Ruth I cannot stand smoky places, especially when you just reek of smoke the next day.

Barb Glad to hear that you and Brian are safely settled. Enjoy your trip!!

Me- Pretty beat after being back at work this week, but hanging in there! DH is off today, we have a wedding to attend tonight. It should be quite fun. My mom is watching the girls- not overnight, so we will pick them up around midnight or so. Not too much partying for me as I am still in Phase 1 (I am going to have a bit of wine thie evening) AND I have to teach Sunday School in the morning.

Kids are back in school on Monday! It is always interesting to anticipate what the kids are going to be like and how the year is going to go.....

Later gators!!
Old 08-06-2005, 10:35 AM   #9  
going places

Good Morning Chicas

It's so nice outside, I can't wait to get out there! I'm a little, okay a lot sore today...I over did on exercise yesterday and it seems my body is protesting. So now I'm trying to figure out how to get my exercise in today...I'm thinking it's going to be just a long session of stretching my aching muscles...ahhhh.

My eldest DS arrives home from Peru tomorrow! It seems like a month has gone by and he's only been gone a little over a week, man I miss him. He's an aspiring photographer and I can't wait to hear all about his trip and see all the pictures he took. The reality that he's just graduated and will soon be away to college is starting to creep in...time does fly. I remember changing his diapers like it was just yesterday.

Shatzi - ohhh your new house and neighbors sound just wonderful! I can relate to the culture shock of friendly neighbors - When I moved from Seattle to a small town in Nebraska I was so paranoid about all the folks just waving at me as I drove through the neighborhood...seriously, I thought I'd be shot. Um...waving at someone as you drive down I-5 can get you shot where I'm from.

Ellis - Happy Anniversary! Do you have anything special planned for the occasion?

Everyone else - I hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 08-06-2005, 11:31 AM   #10  

Yoga, Val! Have you tried it? It's wonderful!! (didn't we talk about this before?)
Wow... your son was in Peru! What a fantastic experience!

Kiko! The kids are back in school next week!? That seems early. Ours go back the first week of September.

BeachBum, 40 years married next year! How can that be, hon? You sound much younger!

Barb, sounds like you're having a wonderful time.

We're going out for dinner this evening. We don't normally bother celebrating, but DH has relatives coming for the weekend from out of town (they're hoteling it, thank god), and as neither of us are anxious to see them, we've told them we're celebrating with dinner this evening. ALONE!!
And then we're going down to the river to paddle our feet.
Tomorrow I'll have to put up with obnoxious in-laws. A sexist/racist BIL and his family. (the one that kissed me on the back of the neck) Oh, god.

Where is everyone? Out enjoying the day?
Old 08-06-2005, 11:35 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Just a drive by.

Hopping in the shower then off for a day of walking or doing something. I want to show off my ring

Happy Weekend all!!!
Old 08-06-2005, 11:39 AM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Chicks! A quick driveby. Lots goin on around here today. Looks like y'all are all busy chickies.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 08-06-2005, 11:42 AM   #13  
A Lily from my yard!

Oh yeah Happy Anniversary Ellis! Ours was Monday and usually DH and I do go eat but this year we didn't. Role reverse! lol!
Old 08-06-2005, 12:09 PM   #14  
going places

Ellis - UM...YOGA? Ya know...I've always thought of yoga as putting your legs behind your head and doing other contortionists things. I s'pose I'll have to look into it cuz I'm hearing lots about it lately...maybe it will help with all the tension I've been building up lately.

The trip to Peru was a graduation gift for DS. Both of my sons are pretty seasoned travelers...even my 10 year old has been just about everywhere. The grandparents love to travel and they always find a way to work my kids in. I've been to the Bahama's once...that's it...d@mmit.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:54 PM   #15  
cranky & determined

Happy Anniversary, Ellia!

Happy weekend to all you Beachers... as I mentioned, I'm b-a-a-a-c-k and look forward to carching up with y'all... I missed posting daily and nbeomg accountaable!

So, here I go, Day 1, Phase 1.

But, with all that good group power, I'm sure I'll be moving on down to meet my goal.

Have a great weekend on the Beach all you gorgeous babes!
Closed Thread