Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-04-2005, 10:25 AM   #1  
prepare for the BEST time

Default August 04, Thirsty Thursday

Good Morning......Drink extra water, it's soooooo HOT!

Last edited by marbleflys; 08-04-2005 at 11:46 AM.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:05 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Marb you know I love you but it's the 4th!
bbiab!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

LOL I looked at that and thought...."the 11th of what????" I thought I was soooooo confused LOL but I'm running like crazy so that makes sense

Just popping in to say and hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:33 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ok so date not withstanding I have no intention of being outside on a day like today The heat index is supposed to be 105 OUCH! I'm actually drinking my water (that could be due to my Spicy hot (and salty bleh) V8)
I had a nonscale victory today I have these really cute linen capris with dragonflys on them beaded embroidered etc I tried them on this am and they were tight but they fit! they are a 16P not a w or even a regular a PETITE! I was pretty pleased
how are you ladies?
Old 08-04-2005, 11:45 AM   #5  

Yes, I see I'm a week ahead of myself....I looked at the calendar wrong.....

Ain't it GRAND when clothes fit???? congrats kier, you are looking FABULOUS I'm sure!!!!

speaking of clothes fitting and looking *trim*.....what is the best brand of those slimming high-waisted thingies to purchase....I've struck out twice....someone said "flexees" at Kohls, I was going to head there is weekend if I don't melt first.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:57 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Marb I heard The Nancy Gantz (I think thats how you spell it) Body Slimmers were really good
I''m always afraid to wear that stuff for fear I'd sweat and not be able to get it off of me! But they do look good on
I finally got my WATP book and DVD last night I didn't watch the dvd yet but I practised some of the moves in the book
DH was like uh Kier what are you doing?
I also worked out for about an hour at pt yesterday
Tonight more practicing the moves and some squats and wall pushups
Old 08-04-2005, 01:45 PM   #7  

I have a Nancy Ganz "hip-slip" with built-in panties, but it's older....I couldn't find a replacement for the middriff area....

Oooohhhh, you are EXERCISING!!!! (ahem, may I say I told you so?) BTW, you can get both FIRM and Leslie DVDs at Wally-mart for $9.95 each, check out on-line to see what they have.

You can graduate from Wall pushups to the kitchen counter version...stand SECURELY (in sneakers or barefoot) at a distance from the counter that will require you to "push up" your body in a wide shoulder stance. go down as far as you can doing the modified version. The further angle of your feet makes it more difficult too.

I am just able to do these this week....(my shoulder and broken elbow made it impossible for a year, but I've regained some strength).

my face is shedding skin all week from the first TCA peel...first it turned brown and hard, but the new skin is looking very nice/smooth and less splotchy....I'm very fair and had a lot of *spots* from sun damage.

I need a good sandpapering, but can't use anything abrasive on my skin for 3 weeks, so I just look 2-toned at the moment....
Old 08-04-2005, 02:07 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Kierie – Hey congrats on getting into those Petites. Don’t ya just love it when things like that happen. I was so excited when I fit into 26/28. Now I can’t wait to get to the next size down!

I’m sore today… I dunno why tho. Must of slept wrong and my cold is still bothering me. My friend had her Baby on July 31st, and I’ve been getting bits and pieces of news on their recovery. She was scheduled for C section on Aug 22nd. I guess he couldn’t wait for the date. She said the doctors had a problem with the umbilical cord. They couldn't draw blood from it due to it had some of the membrane tissue on it and wasn't attached properly. She says that means she could have easily lost baby Michael as a miscarriage or still-born. Not sure what all that means, but I’m glad everything is working out for them and that there were no serious problems. He had jaundice and I guess they kept him under a light. Not sure what that means either hehehe…

I’m waiting for Unlce TOM and Aunt Flo to go home… I havent even gotten near a scale…with the chest cold and the TOM and Flo (the releatives lol) visiting I’m especially cranky this past few days… blech!

Alrighty Guys, I’m gonna go get some house work done…
Take care everyone!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:08 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I actually don't shop walmart not for any snooty reason My Mom told me they're lobbying against Social Security so They're OUT but I can prolly find a good deal at amazon
I just started this week So I'm goign to do the wall ones for August and the see if I can graduate to something more intense (for pushing out i don't have alot of strength) Marb when all your new skin comes in take a pic so we can see your baby face
do Chem peals also help with acne scars and icky pores?
Old 08-04-2005, 02:26 PM   #10  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everybody, first thanks to everybody for the birthday wishes yesterday. I had a great birthday. I went hiking with DH and the dogs first thing in the morning so my exercise was done for the day. Later I jumped in my pool and played a bit. It was really nice. DH made me fajitas and a birthday cake (both lo-cal) and it was great. Then DS and his girlfriend took me out to dinner. We went to applebees and I looked at things only on the WW part of the menu. I had Tango Chicken Sandwich with only 350 cals. Then the brought me a happy birthday ice cream which I only at a couple bites of. So I survived the birthday without going over my calories. YEAH!!!!!

Today I don't have anything planned except doing my situps and floating on the pool, then swimming laps. I decided that this year of my life, I'm going to strengthen my stomach muscles so I did the unthinkable - I did a situp. Acutally I did 10 of them. Crunches do nothing for me so I thought I'd do the real thing. So now I'm going to increase them every other day by one until I'm up to 50. Interesting goal, huh?

SueMarie, great job on the garage. That should slow a car thief down if nothing else.

Kierie, so sorry about your loss and I hope Grandma is doing better.

Marble, I think I'll add the counter pushups to my little regime. Thanks for reminding me of those. I can't do a regular pushup so that will get me started.

Cathy, the glaciers were incredibly awesome. I'm so lucky to have seen them.

I'll be back later tonight since DH is working swing shifts and you all are my company in the evening.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:50 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Suemarie I'm not in P's yet I'm still enjoying the land Of W
any Downward size change is GREAT I hear you on the relatives by the time mine hints and coming till finally is gone it's 3 weeks
Marie you're bday sounds Great! good job with the 2 meals
Old 08-04-2005, 03:09 PM   #12  

Congrats and have a wonderful year Marie....I count how many ceramic tile blocks i can inch out and work toward a 45 degree angle.

Yes, Kier, it works excellent for acne scarring, pores and general ickiness....I was blessed with really good skin, even at my advanced age, I have very little wrinkles and no sag, but it freckled terribly. (see PM from me)
Old 08-04-2005, 06:46 PM   #13  

Hi everyone...It is warm today & sunny....it's +25C now....I went to coffee with friends then went to Costco....then to get some groceries....when I got home....DH said to me....did you forget your appointment....for my toes & waxing on my face....it was in 15 minutes.....I had completely forgotten about it. DH asked....do you want yo cancel it....I said no....the appointment was at 1 P.M.....I hadn't had lunch....so I quickly put some food in my purse....portable foods....to eat there....so I left for the appoinment.

KO....isn't it nice when clothes are too big or fit better....I put on a pair of shorts today....hadn't worn them since last summer....I had to roll the waist band over twice in the front.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote