South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 06:52 AM   #1  

Default Hump Day Chat

Guess I'll start the thread since I don't see anyone else on yet!

Good morning all. What's happening on your patch of sand today. It's gonna be hot here today.

Lots of work to do before our trip. I'm getting SOOOO excited!

Well, off to Starbucks to get my daily fix.

Happy hump day!

Lydia
Old 08-03-2005, 06:57 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, Lydia, thanks for cranking us up.

It's a big HUMP Day for me as I'm moving my DH from the seniors' residence to a nursing home. He seems OK with it - I just hope he doesn't decide not to go when we are halfway between The Falls and Perth! He is quite confused these days and reminded me to be sure to bring along the roto-tiller! (Actually I think he meant his walker - can you see the connection?)

It is going to be a hot one and I am just delighting in my AC! I'm still closing curtains and am not turning it way down - gotta save the environment, you know. I can certainly breathe better since I got air - the puffers are back in the medicine cabinet again.

Time for a quick bath and then take off to pack up H's room while he eats breakfast. Wish me luck!

I'll catch up later. In the meantime, no throwing or kicking sand, OK?
Old 08-03-2005, 07:18 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Lydia!

Ruth, I'll be thinking about you today, love. Praying that all goes well for you and Harry.

Thank you, girls... I've missed all of you, too. I have no idea what's been going on (other than that I think you've all been losing weight while I've been gaining), and I'm going to see if I can catch up on some of your news.

I'm in the middle of changing meds, and am on NOTHING right now in an attempt to "clean out my system". (scary) Tomorrow I start with Zoloft... keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be a "keeper". At least for a while.

I'm feeling vaguely energetic... well, maybe not. Maybe just enough to put the coffee on. Hugs to all...
Old 08-03-2005, 07:26 AM   #4  

Wow, Ruth, sounds like an intense day. Hope it goes okay and that he's happy there.

Ellis, how frustrating about the meds. I've heard good things about Zoloft, hope it works for you.

Okay, I've got my latte, the Today Show is on in the background while I "work". It's gonna' be a good day!

MUST get to the nail place to get a polish change before I go. If I had time I'd get a haircut too but that'll have to wait.

OK, must do SOMETHING productive.

Later chickadees!
Old 08-03-2005, 07:43 AM   #5  
gotta lose it!

Good Morning ladies!
Getn'serious - good morning...grab me a coffee from Starbucks too!
Ruth - hugs to you....you will be in my thoughts/prayers today!
Ellis - cleaning your system....sounds like a good time. Go put some coffee on & enjoy!
Me - off to work (yuck!) Went out last night after work with a few folks & the worse possible thing ever happen.....we were talking about ourselves & I mentioned that I had gained some weight (ABout 2 yrs ago I weight 40lbs lighter!) And one of the guys called me out. "what happen?" Good question...what the **** happened to me that I thought it was a good idea to pack on 40 pounds. So that was embarassing...in front of everyone...what happen? Then when I didn't have an answer, his reply was "did you stop caring?" Sheesh! OUCH! So that's what I will be thinking about all day.....what happen?
Anyway...have a great op day ladies!!
Old 08-03-2005, 07:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/209/145

Talking

Good morning!!!
All is well with me on this warm Wednesday morning. I need to WAKE UP !! I've gone down another # so I can't complain . I'm just taking things nice and easy today. Hope you all are blessed and that you have a great day on the beach today!!
Old 08-03-2005, 08:05 AM   #7  

Default Hey Chickies!

Good morning all!

Just a quick pop in. I've had such a busy week - between school clothes shopping for 4 teenage and almost teenage DDs and getting back-to-school haircuts and tending to (now 3.5 week old) kittens, I'm exhausted!

I was so excited with the results of our shopping trip. We have a new teen clothing resale shop where they only take name brands that are in excellent shape and preferable 1 season old. They have all the brands that are "cool" like Hollister, Wet Seal, Abercrombie and Fitch, Aeropostal. I got all four girls completely outfitted for just under $400 - 5 prs of jeans each, 5-6 shirts, a couple of skirts for each. WOW!

The kittens are doing great. They actually slept thru the night without a feeding last night. I set my clock for 4am like ususal, but they weren't awake. I thought I'd just nap on the couch until I heard them crying and I woke up at 7:30. It's just like having a baby - at first I thought "thank goodness, they slept thru", then I panicked and rushed in to check on them and make sure they were still alive! I haven't had a newborn in 12 years - forgot what that feeling was like. They are so cute now... starting to play/fight with each other, using the litter box and starting on dry kitten food. Keep your fingers crossed that DH will get attached and let me keep them.

Ruth - I hope your day goes well. You'll be in my thoughts.

Ellis - Med changes are a bee-otch. My dad is bipolar and has changed meds so many times, I can't even count. Always looking for the "right" combo. Good luck!

Soon 2Bfab - People can be so rude - usually without even knowing it.

Get'n serious - I hate packing for trips. I always forget SOMEthing. Thank goodness there's a Walmart almost anywhere you go. Last year I forgot ALL of my casual dinner pants and tops when we went on a cruise. There's no Walmart at sea! I was doing some major improvising.

Okay - gotta run. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Leslie0246; 08-03-2005 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:08 AM   #8  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Another fairly heavy day at the nursing home (9 draws) so only a cat nap this morning and off to the races.

Ruth, hope everything goes well in the move with Harry. I know this isn't easy on either one of you. (((BIG HUGS)))

Ellis, nice seeing you again! Good luck on the new meds.

Soon2B, as for your co-worker, I sure wouldn't have been as polite as you were. I'd be willing to bet you a cup of decaf he's no Johnny Depp. The old, "Yes, but you're ugly and I can diet" line.

Lydia and Sunkissed, Good morning!

Gotta get my heinie in gear here. Everyone have a wonderful day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 08-03-2005, 08:51 AM   #9  
Kyemom

Morning everybody.
Ruth- you and Harry will be in my prayers today.
Leslie- How many kittens are there? I know they must be so sweet!!
Ellis- Stay strong & drink lots of coffee
Mama- have a good day with the older folks!!
soon 2b---I am sure he did not mean anything ugly by it...people that don't have an issue with there weight, think that something catastrophic must happen for someone to put on wieght...If they could all live in our world for a while, huh??
Serious- thanks for starting the thread this AM...Have a great OP day
Everone else- have a nice beachy day
Me- Well, DS had a much better day at daycare yesterday, and said he asked 9 kids to be his friend & play with him...and they all said, they wanted to be his friend.. I was so proud of him
I made an easy dinner last night, and gave the kids BBQ chips with their's...those chips were calling my name "Kathy, Kathy..eat me" lol. ..I did eat 2, I felt like if I had a taste, I would be ok...and I was... I have been doing great with the working out... I feel so much better since I started. I still need to find a way to eat more legumes...any suggestions? I have looked in the recipes on this site, but I guess I really just need some people to tell me what is actually good. Anyway, have a great day on the beach, I will be around most of the day!!
Old 08-03-2005, 09:13 AM   #10  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Morning chicks, it is a great day here, the sun is shinning and the birds are singing and I am feeling in a great mood. Most of my house work is done, except for the dishes that are waiting in the sink, after they are washed I think I will go out and play outside with the wee ones. Other than that nothing is happening on my patch of the sand.

Ruth- I sending hugs to you and Harry,hope all goes well today.
Ellis- glad to see you posting again, hope these pills work for you chick.
Get'n Serious-thanks for starting us up today, enjoy your starbucks.

soon2Bfab- put that jerks thoughts out of your head. Hope you have a great day.
sunkissed- have a great day.
Leslie0246-great buys girl, I should send my girls to you, you are a great shopper. I have not even thought about school clothes yet.
Mamacita-have a great day.
kyemom-good job on the chips. Keep up the good work.

Well I must run and try to get those dishes done, they won't get done on their own. Have a happy sunny day chicks. [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Purple]
Old 08-03-2005, 09:20 AM   #11  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Morning everyone! One more day to go!!! Yay!! Today will be spent finishing up loose ends and packing. I also plan to slather my body in self tanning lotion.....gotta look the part of the CA chick !

Soon: What an insensitive arse!!! Don't let it get to you, you are a beautiful woman and few extra pounds doesn't change that....and you'll be even hotter when you reach your goal . Geesh!! Some people can be such freakin' morons!

Sorry to type and run but I've got a to do list calling my name.........!
Old 08-03-2005, 09:35 AM   #12  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Another Hump Day,and another W-I . Maintained ,but it was DH birthday and I did celebrate. Heres to next week.

We're having a cooler day and I'll be able to get some housework done. Wow!! I know very exciting .

Ruth-Many Hugs for you & Harry.Hope everything works out for the best.

Ellis-Good Luck with the meds. I hate taking them,always looking for an alternative,but some time there aren't any. Your weight will come off as fast as they came on.

Soon-That was very rude of him.Just to prove the ignorence of some people.

Kyemom-I love Lequimes,I just but them in any casserole that calls for potatoes.Or you can put them in salads.

Have agreat day Hugs BB
Old 08-03-2005, 09:55 AM   #13  

Good morning, everyone! Last day at work before vacation. Tomorrow I took off so I would have time to pack. The neighborhood party was fun last night. The area coordinators stop by (they'd already been to 4 other parties) and said we had the healthiest food. Even the drinks were Diet Coke and Minute Maid Lite! I did have one fig cookie but it was an imported Dutch one and I enjoyed the treat.

beach bum - maintaining after a birthday celebration is great!

pearshape - I always worry about streaks so I never bother with the self-tanning stuff. Luckily I will be with my sister who had melanoma so we will definitely be remembering the sunscreen and shade! I burn so easily.

little chick - Have fun with the little ones. One of the best things about my vacation will be that I will have so much time with my son.

kyemom - I'm glad to hear things are working out for your son. It is so heartbreaking when they think they have no friends. I've been eating kidney beans in my 3 bean salad this week. I also love them in chili.

Leslie - You did great on the school clothes! I'm so glad to hear the kittens are doing so well. We have a girl at the animal shelter that takes home the litters that need bottle feeding if we don't have a nursing mom who will adopt them. The last litter was 9 kittens and even if we'd had a mom with some extra milk she sure couldn't have handled that many! I just don't think I could handle the round the clock feedings but they sure are cute!

sunkissed - Congrats on the pound.

soon2Bfab - He was so rude!

ellis - Good luck with the meds.

ruth - Good luck with Harry. I'm sure you will be relieved to have him settled.

Good morning, mamacita and Get'n Serious!
Old 08-03-2005, 10:50 AM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Ruth -- wishing you nothing but THE best!

Ellis - -here's to Zoloft!!!

Soon2Be -- kick in the tukas, huh? Sorry that hit you so hard...but maybe it's what we all need (a kick in the @ss that is!)

Leslie -- awww! kittens! Our little one is almost 6 months old now. We got her at 14 weeks How they grow!

Hi Mama, Kye, Beachbum, Pearshape Lydia and SunKissed!!!!

Barb -- have fun on vacation!

As for me -- still not on the badwagon. Maybe it's all this wedding stuff that's getting me out of whack? I mean, my TOM is all screwy, despite the BC. Trying though, and that's all I can do right now I suppose.

*sigh*

It's not trying hard enough though. I have to get to the gym. Despite my foot. I am sure there are things I can do and still be careful. Why am I scared to go?????
Old 08-03-2005, 12:02 PM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth
My gram is doing much better she is off the Oxygen and hopefully coming home soon.
Unfortuneately I got a call on Thursday that my 21 year old cousin passed away. So I've been In PA all weekend till yesterday. It was very intense and sad but we came out of it ok with only Minimal cheating.
I left work On Thursday and our internet is down @ home so I couldn't post.
Ruth I hope today with DH goes well. . .Sometimes I think of my walker as a Rototiller
Soon That guy should be taken out back and taken care of. I would have made a rude comment about the size of his ahem feet
Ellis My DH has been Using Zoloft for a few years and had alot of success I hope you will too!
Leslie Great Bargains!! your Dh just has to have one of the kitties fall asleep on him No one can resist that!
Barb Have Fun!
Beachbum I maintained too.
Pear I bet you're a golden goddess
Kye thats AWESOme about your son he sounds like he has chutzpa
Gotta run Work work work
Kierie
Closed Thread