South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 08:34 AM   #1  

Unhappy I Am Shocked!!

I just got on the scale this morning here at work and I have made it to 138! So, while I have been flip flopping between WW and SB not being able to make up my mind and stick to one thing- I have gained 4 pds!! And I have wasted so much time just not doing anything! I feel like I could cry. I haven't weighed this much ever!

Jacquerlyn
Old 08-02-2005, 08:44 AM   #2  
Kyemom

You need to pick one plan, and stick with it...the plans are so different, that if you try flopping back and forth, you will continue to gain....Come on pull up a towel & join us on the beach...You can do it & we will help!!
Old 08-02-2005, 08:52 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Kyemom said exactly what I was going to say. Decide on a plan and then decide to do it!
Old 08-02-2005, 09:13 AM   #4  

Be like a postage stamp, stick to one thing til you get where your going...
Old 08-02-2005, 09:31 AM   #5  
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

That's a cute saying Star! And I agree. The Core program of WW is sort of close to SB. But the Flex plan is almost the exact opposite of SB.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:39 AM   #6  

All programs have ups an downs. But the way I look at it, and I know this from years of doing it, IF I'm not on a plan - I'm gaining weight.......it's just my curse....
Old 08-02-2005, 10:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Jacquerlyn, firstly, I would suggest you read back through some of your recent threads here for tips, advice and support. Decide on a plan (SBD of course!!) and then just start it.

The longer you keep on trying between the two, and mixing the two, the more weight you are likely to gain. I'm just like Star in that respect, and I suspect most people are too.

In my experience, the absolute best way to make SBD make sense to you - and convince you its the right plan - is to read the book.I cant recall whether you own the book or not.

I read the first two chapters and knew it was for me. It took me 6 months of stopping and starting and waivering before I got back onto the beach. In that 6 months I gained another 10lbs.

Make up your mind which plan. Plan your meals for the first few days and then just do it. You know we're all here for the times you need us
Old 08-02-2005, 10:49 AM   #8  

Thanks so much guys! It is 10:45 here and I have actually made it this far without obsessing over food- which feels great because that's all I do on WW. I went to the store last night and I am completely armed with good food for SB. I do have the book and I have read it and I do feel like this will work for me. I just have to make up my mind like everyone has said and stick to it. I even cleaned out the freezer and fridge last night so that I would not be tempted at home. I just know that losing the weight will make me feel so much more confident and better about myself.

Jacquerlyn
Old 08-02-2005, 10:57 AM   #9  

It sounds like you have not dieted before - that will work to your advantage. 15 pounds to a first time dieter is not that much - good luck!
Old 08-02-2005, 11:17 AM   #10  

Well, I have half a$$ done WW for the last year now. I lose a little and then get comfortable and that is when I gain it back. I have a 19 mth old son and after I had him I was about 20 pds lighter than I am right now. PP depression played a good role in that though. As soon as I got over all of that I piled it right on. It just makes me sick to think that I have wasted so much time playing "diet". Hopefully this time will be it. I sat down yesturday and planned the rest of the weeks meals and I went grocery shopping and got a lot of good stuff. I will definately be relying on you guys for help, advice, etc.

TIA!

Jacquerlyn
Old 08-02-2005, 11:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Jacquerlyn, it sounds like you have this all well planned now. Thats great.

Keep coming to us to let us know how its going, for support or whatever.

Good Luck!
ps dont let yourself get hungry - keep eating your snacks!
Old 08-02-2005, 11:30 AM   #12  

Gotta agree with Star! Good luck and dont give up!
Old 08-02-2005, 12:07 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

We're here for ya!
Old 08-02-2005, 05:31 PM   #14  

Yes, I think if you read the beginning of the SB book, you will realize why you gained weight. You were probably messing with your insulin levels (or whatever) by flip flopping.

I also just wanted to add that since you do not weigh that much, pound-wise, you will probably lose a smaller amount during phase 1. Just think about it in terms of percentage of body weight. Fifteen pounds for me, and nobody notices. If you lost 15 pounds, there would probably be a dramatic difference. Ya know? I just don't want you to have unrealistic expectations about phase 1.

Good luck!
Old 08-03-2005, 05:37 PM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Jacquerlyn, glad to hear that you have made a choice and are working on it! I agree...though some are really able to meld the two programs, it's hard. I know that on WW I crave everything and have a really hard time limiting myself. On SBD, I never feel like I have to limit myself.

I hope this works out even better than you hope, hon!
Closed Thread