Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 07:58 AM   #1  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Default Tuesday Talk

Hi, all... well, I actually managed to stay OP yesterday and not feel *****y about it! What challenges I have coming up. I'm a birthday freak, so Da Man's birthday celebration isn't allowed to stop with that big dinner Saturday night. It's his 40th, after all. But today I'm making lunch for him and the other mechanics at his work -- spare ribs, spinach pie, mashed sweets, corn bread, corn on the cob, fresh beets and butter cake. Aaaarrrggghhh! Tonight, his kids are making him dinner -- stuffed peppers, then white chocolate cheerry bliss cake. Then on Sunday, we're having a party here, with tons of food, of course. How ever will I survive this week? Oh well, it'll be good challenge, and as long as I don't eat blindly and thoughtlessly it'll be a victory.

HH -- don't feel bad about the row with your husband. You have every right to feel hurt that he's not helping you. He should be. And whether you get or own place or wind up moving back home, you're going to come through this stronger and happier and amazed at what you can accomplish! You poor thing, the anxiety in waiting for that phone call, and that decision. You are going through so much. But you're right...we all want to hear about each other's ups and downs and everyday stuff. So keep writing, and please keep us up to date.

Diva-- OMG, I would die stuck in an elevator that long. I am soooo claustrophobic I can't even drive through a tunnel without turning white and hyperventilating. I cannot stand elevators. Today will be better.

Amanada.... ^5 on getting through The Faerie Queene and for taking some time for yourself.

Everyone... have a wonderful day! And thank you ALL, again, for your support and for dragging my sulky butt back to reality and the light of day.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:38 AM   #2  
Alis volat propiis

OMG, wake up, sistas! I'm up to my elbows -- almost literally -- in melted chocolate. Making chocolate-covered strawberries and apricots for lunch. Hurry and save me before I eat myself!
Old 08-02-2005, 08:38 AM   #3  
Alis volat propiis

Of course, if I could do THAT, I would never leave the house.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:39 AM   #4  
Alis volat propiis

Oh, geesh, THAT was wrong. Sorry.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:41 AM   #5  
Alis volat propiis

Helllllooooo.... is this thing on? <<Tapping on microphone...>>> Anyone out there? Anyone? Oh no, are you people on your way over to my house with fire? I'm baaaaack, I swear it. But come over anyway; we'll have tea and ff cakes.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:01 AM   #6  
Alis volat propiis

OK, I've just cut a whole bunch of onions and I'm cwyin' my wittle eyes out.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:20 AM   #7  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Old 08-02-2005, 09:20 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieShines
Hurry and save me before I eat myself!
LOL!!! OMG Maggie, you're cracking me up and that takes a lot this early!!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:02 AM   #9  

Glad to see you up and active, Maggie. Am off to work, hope my sistas have a good day. And stay away from the chocolate! If you have to try a chocolate-coated onion to blemish the taste of chocolate for yourself, do it! I have not packed my torch yet. . .
Old 08-02-2005, 10:06 AM   #10  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Maggie-- you are too funny!

I'm here..... already been to DD's doctor's appointment and then breakfast at McDonald's (don't even ask what I ate-- definitely will need some flex points today!). Now I'm off to get the grocery list together and get to the store so we have some fresh food in this house. Talk to you all later!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:23 AM   #11  

I have a little time now to post. HH, I hoping for the best for you! This has certainly be a struggle, but hopefully the struggle is almost drawing to a close. I so wish that you get a good phone call today!

Amy, I just noticed that you met your vacation goal. Good for you!! I'm sorry that I didn't notice sooner!

Maggie, I'm so glad you posted all of your funny stuff this morning.. I needed a little pick-me-up!

I didn't go to WW last night. (Remember, I was going to stop going.) I didn't say anything to DH about quitting, because I know that he would want me to continue since I enjoy it. He knew something was wrong though--he kept asking and then I told him. He said, "It's only $11!!! Go!!" So, maybe I'll go on Thursday afterall!

In case I don't go back to WW, I chose Tuesday mornings as my WI. Guess what, the scale said 166 this morning!!! Whohoo!! That's a 2.8 pound loss. It must be because I've been feeling so sorry for myself for so long that God was pitying me!!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:47 AM   #12  

I forgot to mention that it doesn't look like we're going to join a gym for a while. They have a $150 joining fee! I wanted to cry!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:58 AM   #13  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Steph,

Do you have a YMCA? I don't believe they usually require a large down payment. My employer pays for half of my YMCA fee. It's a good benefit.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:58 AM   #14  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Just got back from the gym and need to shower before my sister comes over--but just wanted to say Maggie--OH MAN...you crack me up!! Lmao! I love how you were having a conversation with yourself for the better part of an hour. That's hilarious. Well, I think we're most all awake at this point. You can stop talking to yourself now. Hehe.

HH: good luck today! I'm praying for you, girl! *big hug*

ACK...losing track of time. Sweaty like nobody's business (personal trainer says it's because my metabolism is changing--woo hoo!). Blech. Gotta shower.

Have a great Tuesday ladies! Today is a day full of Gower's Confessio Amantis for me.
~Amanda
Old 08-02-2005, 12:30 PM   #15  

OMG Maggie that is sooo what I needed this morning OH well guess it's afternoon. Either way you crack me up!!!!

I only have a minute I'll have to read and catch up with everyone later.

HH-I am relaly praying for you girl!!

I avoided the funnel cake last night settled for a burger (9 pts.) and fries (10 pts.) so I still have like 10 flex left.

I am still painting. This horrible horrible depressing tan will not just burry itself beneath my sunny yellow. GRRRR! I think I am gonna try to get a third coat on before I ahve to clean up fo rmy meeting have a greta day all. I'll try to get some time away this evening to read and tell you how my weigh in went
byes
Closed Thread