Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 07:41 AM   #1  

Default WEIGH IN Week 8/01 - 8/07

Haven't been here in a few weeks.. life very busy..but has calmed down a bit now. YAY!!!

I haven't lost any more weight but have maintained which is great! Ready to start losing again!!!!
Old 08-01-2005, 11:54 AM   #2  
Back on Program!

Default Back on Track!

Hey everyone!
I am back to my usual loss of 1lb! Kelly Jo, I think we can do the 2lb/week challenge, I am ready! Starting this week, right? Anyone else care to join us?

I went to the gym this morning and did 20 minutes on the elliptical machine. Thought I was going to die but I finished! I work tues and wed, then Thurs morning I have an appt with the club's personal trainer to show me all the weights and stuff. I am really going to try to get to the gym 3x/week.

The kids went back to school today! HOORAY!! It's really too quiet here without them though. But nice to have time to myself!

Now let's hear about everyone else's success! Welcome back, Chocolatecatz!
Old 08-01-2005, 04:43 PM   #3  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Ok ladies...The weekend is over AND I DID AWESOME!! I am down to 203.5..and that means I lost 8.5 lbs last month. I bought myself a new pair of earrings to celebrate it and I am sooooooo excited , that makes a total of 37lbs so far since mar01. Rachel, The two lbs a week is on. My husband just made rate last week and is getting a promotion....I think I may have told everyone...if so bear with me. I have a goal of 191.5 by Sept 16th (and khaki ball is a week after that so I am trying for all that I can possibly lose by then because of pics and such) But I do wanna do it right so it stays off so as long as the scale keeps going down...this will be good.
I really need to pay attention though because my DH's grammother died Sat and we are going home for the veiwing and such. Me and the boys will be staying for a week longer than DH. I am a little worried about all the food I CANNOT get here that I CAN there and then wake food and such....but I am taking my info and will be diligent about it! I will continue my exercise too whether I have to do it at midnight or not! So, I will not be around too much the next week or so....but will check in and see how progress is going. Rachel, good going on the elliptical! Keep it up!
Chocolatcatz, Good girl maintaining! Now lets get that scale down! Wanna try for two lbs this week? If so...good luck!
Judy, Carla, all you girls.................hope you did well this weekend! I am off to finish packing and figure out dinner!
TaLK TO YOU SOON GIRLS!
Old 08-01-2005, 04:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

I'm just running in to wave "hello". I haven't had time to read all of the posts I've missed, so I'll catch up and come back later. We've been pretty busy running back and forth to my mom's house (she lives about 1.5 hours away) since my sister and her boys have been visiting. They're leaving tomorrow, so things will get relatively back to normal.

On a sad note, we had to put down our cat, Luigi, on Friday morning. He was very old - almost 19 - and very sick and it was awful watching him suffer, but still it was very sad to say goodbye to him. I was the one that stayed with him while the vet did it.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 08-01-2005, 09:05 PM   #5  
Back on Program!

Carla, so sorry about your kitty! You did the right thing though, he was suffering, and good for you for being brave enough to stay with him till the end. He knew you were with him and that brought him comfort.
Hope you did ok through the company visit! Let us know when you weigh in!
Kelly Jo, how are you losing so much??????? I am jealous!!!! I'm sure everyone must be noticing, and when you go to the wake they will really notice----let that be your motivation to stay OP!!! Is your DH in the military? What is rate? Just think of the great dress you want to wear to the ball and stay away from the mac n cheese girl!!
Good luck and sorry about Gramma.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:38 AM   #6  

Default Oh Carla!

I haven't had much chance to read the posts carefully and school starts again today so I will be pretty swamped but will try to stop back in.

Carla - I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am about Luigi. Although he certainly had a long and full life, I know it doesn't make it hurt any less that he is gone. I was with my dear Caesar (kitty of 16 years) when we put him down (the year I met Tony, actually) and I still get teary when I think of it. I know it helped Luigi so much to feel your love to the very end. Please know I feel your pain. I know Luigi is sitting on G-d's sunny window with my kitties in heaven, Caesar and Gus. They are soaking up the sun while they watch the birds and bugs flying around. {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}!!!!!!

Judy
Old 08-02-2005, 10:38 PM   #7  

Carla - as far as trying your hardest to do the best you can (with the family visiting) - that's all we can do my dear friend. That's how I felt this past weekend. I tried hard and did my best. I wasn't perfect, but I've done a lot worse in the past so I'm chalking it up as a victory and giving myself a well deserved pat on the back. I hope you are doing the same (let's hear the pat, pat, pat ;-)

Rachel in FL -Congratulations on the pound gone! I think that even though people in our families love us, they can sabotage us - for lots of reasons, but most of all because of themselves. They may be jealous, they may feel badly about themselves because they are not caring for themselves as we are - lots of reasons. I also have a hard time when I go out to eat. Sometimes I ask for broiled fish, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I can avoid the bread basket or just have 1 piece. Other times I don't do as well. Hey, we ALL have those issues. Please try to see the positive things you are doing and try not to be disappointed in yourself. Yes, it is hard to be the one ordering salad - in those situations, when I can, I try to ask myself what's more important - the immediate satisfaction or what I really want to myself. Does it always work? No, but I keep trying and I get a little better at it. I got on the elliptical machine at the hotel this past weekend - I agree with you - what a workout! Way to go making the appt with the personal trainer!!!

Kelly Jo - Congratulations on a great loss for the month and for getting yourself a non-food reward! I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you have a plan to do the best you can - that's all you can do after all. Exercising will definitely help too. I like what the trainer told your friend and will try to remember it when I feel like making a bad choice (which I do sometimes quite consciously!) Good luck with your goal. I tend to shy away from definite number goals 'cause I've set them in the past, don't make them and then end up beating myself up about it. I am going to stick to the "Total Body Makeover" goals of exercise, cutoff time in the evening (my worst time) and limiting alcohol (which isn't too hard). I'm also not going to miss a weigh-in/meeting no matter what I expect the scale to say.

Welcome Terry and congratulations on an awesome start!

Kathy - welcome to the group. This is a great group with lots of support and we're glad to have you! That's a great goal too, to not have to go on meds.

Chocolatecatz - good to hear from you. Maintaining is good - better than a gain. I'm glad to hear that life has calmed down a bit for you. I wish I could say the same thing - things are really heating up with me with school this month!

I did OK over the weekend. Tony and I took a 30 minute walk both Sat and Sun plus I worked out at the fitness center both days. I also limited my alcohol and for the most part made OK food choices. I wasn't perfect but I was better than I've done in the past. We had a good time and I got to relax which is good because this is the hardest semester of all. I just hope things are going to work out. The last of the literacy practicums started today. I decided (for a number of reasons) to use my grandson as my client for the reading clinic. I hope it works out OK. He doesn't sound thrilled about it but I told him that he would help me become a teacher and I plan on taking lots of breaks and trying to do fun things afterwards (like going to the pool). I have to get in about 10 hours of testing before next Wed. He's going to be here on Thursday (all day) and then I have to work out some other visits. I'm nervous about it but I really had no choice and will just have to make it work. The first day of a practicum is always overwhelming - you never think you can do everything (and this semester is the worst) but I'm trying to tell myself that it will all get done. Of course, I'm also worried about using my grandson (he doesn't like reading) but as Tony says, I'll make it work. At least with all today's stress, I've managed to have only one snack this evening and am now in my cutoff time. I did get up and did 30 min of cardio and abs this morning and plan on doing the same tomorrow morning before getting as much done as I can before Thursday.

Enough babbling - time to wind down and relax!
Have a great one!
Judy
Old 08-03-2005, 06:09 PM   #8  

Hmmm, a little quiet here... maybe it's the heat - it sure is hot enough around here - upper 90's, yuk!

While I usually weigh in on Saturday, I decided to weigh in this morning since I just don't know what my schedule will be in the next few days. I *have* to finish the reading testing with my grandson by the end of the weekend. Well, I ended up getting up around 8:00 am but the doors to the center didn't open until 9:30 so I went ahead and had breakfast and went to weigh-in. What a great surprise - I was down 1.4 and that with having been in AC Friday - Monday! I woke up with a little congestion in my chest - I don't know if it was allergies, a result of being in all the smoke (yuk!) in AC or if it's a cold coming on (I hope not!) so I just took it easy on the treadmill this afternoon but I did manage to walk for 30 minutes.

Tomorrow will be a busy day - Anthony is coming around 6:30 am. I want to try to get a bunch of testing in during the morning (with lots of breaks in between) and then it's off to the pool. I plan on getting to bed at a decent hour - hopefully, I'll get a good night's sleep. My mind was running last night and I just couldn't fall asleep until late, then woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep.

Off to make dinner.
Judy
Old 08-03-2005, 06:33 PM   #9  

Hi all.

Rachel - Thanks for your kind words about my cat. Congrats on your loss. I know what you mean about back to school. I know I'll miss my baby girl, but boy will I be glad to have some time to myself. I'll be especially glad to do my grocery shopping and my Target shopping by myself. I hear you on handling any situation. Judy said what I would have.

Judy - Thanks to you, too, for your kind words about Luigi. I know he's glad to be with his brother again. We all miss him, but I'm glad he's not suffering anymore. Congrats on a terrific loss, especially after a trip to AC! Great job! Now, stop stressing about this semester - you'll do great. You'll get through it the way you've done all the others, by being organized and diligent. Good luck with all the testing you'll be doing with Anthony. Lots of breaks will be good. I have a really hard time getting Ana to stay focused - too many distractions at home, I think.

Kelli - My condolences to your husband, and you, on the loss of his grandmother. You'll do fine on the trip home - just make the best choices you can. Congrats on a terrific loss for the month! What a nice reward for yourself!

Kathy - Welcome.

Chocolate Catz - Congrats on your maintain. When life is crazy busy, a maintain is a victory, at least in my book.

Well, I don't remember when I last officialy recorded my weight. It's been up and down for the last few weeks. It's up from a few weeks ago, down from last week. I guess I'll just change my starting weight again. I had my annual poke and prod appointment with the doctor yesterday. He wasn't thrilled to see my weight up, of course. But he doesn't really lecture, just expresses a lot of concern. At any rate, he changed my bp meds as my blood pressure was up a bit. He, of course, wants me to lose weight and to continue exercising. He offered to refer me to a dietician, but I declined. I know what I need to do - I just need to do it. He asked me what I thought I was doing wrong and I 'fessed up to being an emotional eater and eating when I'm stressed and bored, so that's on the table. He's thought for awhile that I have sleep apnea and is really concerned about what it might be doing to my heart, so I'm going to go in for a sleep study. I go back to him in about 5 weeks, so I'm really going to work hard to get some weight off. As for exercise, I've been really slacking with that for a variety of reasons, none of them good. So I'll be getting back to that too. And now to do laundry. I'll have to go to the laundermat to dry my clothes as my two year old dryer tumbles, but has no hot air. Grrrr.

Have a great evening.

Carla
Old 08-05-2005, 11:07 AM   #10  
Back on Program!

Default Gotta toot my horn!

I have made it to the gym 3 times this week!!!!!

For me, that is really good! You all know how exercise challenged I am!! I even had my meeting with one of the personal trainers and we went over a program (of course they want me to HIRE a trainer to help me, but I definitely can't afford that!!). I really hope I can stick with it. It really does make me feel better about myself when I go. It's kind of (well ok, VERY) intimidating to go there and see all the hardbodies who are probably lauging at me on the inside, but I am facing the intimidation and just doin' my thing!

Carla, you seem depressed to me. Please cheer up!! Is there anything we can do??? When your life is crazy and feels out of control (sucks about the dryer, really, I can relate), it helps to have control of SOMETHING. So get back on program, girl! It will help things feel less chaotic. I think the sleep study is a good idea. If you have sleep apnea, you are always sleep-deprived, and that makes you more likely to eat emotionally and to eat the wrong things. It also really messes up your metabolism. SO, if you have apnea and get it taken care of, you will be better rested and that will help you stay on your weight loss program, and losing weight will help or even CURE the sleep apnea! See, it's all good.
We have to take care of ourselves, if nothing else in order to be there for our kids and hubbys and all the people who love and need us. And we need to set good examples for the kids too. That's why I'm doing this. My father died of a heart attack at age 43, and I don't want that to be me!

Good luck to everyone the rest of the week (that awful weekend point-destroyer is upon us!) and I'll see you when we weigh in again!
Kelly Jo, I miss you! I am making your chicken spinach thing today! Can't wait for you to get back and I hope you are doing alright with all the temptations back home. Let us know when you get back!
Old 08-05-2005, 09:48 PM   #11  

Red face

Hi, Debbie here, Was on vacation last week for nine days. Went to see my son and his new wife, and then to the beach.

Went to my Weight Watchers meeting this past Tuesday, almost afraid to get on the scale. When I did, I was glad to see that I did not gain any weight during my vacation. Didn't lose any either, but, I can live with that.
Still 128.8 lbs. Working towards loosing 2 lbs. this week.

Have a great evening! Debbie R.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:32 AM   #12  

Carla - thanks for your words of encouragement! With many breaks, some cajoliing and some bribes, we managed to get some of the testing done. He's on his way over right now for what I hope will be the last of the testing part. Hmmm, I'm concerned about the bp and the sleep apnea. Did you start at the sleep studey yet? Rachel is so right - it's so hard to stay OP, balanced and on an even keel when you are sleep deprived so I hope what you are doing helps. OK, first the {{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} - hang in there girlfriend - you've had some really tough decisions to make the last few months and I know you've been stressed. OK, now for the drill sergeant - RECRUIT, GET UP ON THAT BIKE AND GIVE ME 20!!!!! Come on, for those weeks that you were consistent didn't you feel good about yourself? Hope on that bike and do 5 minutes if nothing else. Maybe you'll want to stretch it to 10 - and if not, fine. Just get on the bike!

Rachel - Way to go on getting to the gym 3 times this week!!!!! Forget those hardbodies - who cares what they think. The important thing is that you went and are going to continue to go because this is about your health and your being good to you!

Debbie - a HUGE congratulations for not gaining weight on vacation!!!! Good luck with this week's goal - we CAN do it!

I've had a real roller coaster kind of three days mostly about school work. I wish I didn't have to have used my grandson for my client but there really wasn't any choice. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing him but it's getting hard to schedule time with him - I love my step daughter but I think her talking about me wanting to help him and actually following through on what that entails are two different things. Oh well, as my friend said last night (she was the teacher I was with last year and one of those with whom I'll be student teaching this year) when she and her husband and Tony and I were at dinner, you do what you can with him and don't worry if you have to fudge some of the stuff - everyone in the class is probably doing the same thing! I have at least been consistent with exercise. Today is a rest day for me unless I manage to get in a little yoga after Anthony and I (hopefully) finish. Food has been up and down. Tony and I had a spat on Friday night and I definitely indulged myself in some emotional eating. The next morning I got on the treadmill and did a tough workout. We went out to dinner with our friends last night to this great Chinese restaurant - I could have been better and I definitely could have been worse. My rings are very tight today so even though the sneak peek is up, it's down from yesterday and I plan on pumping up the exercise this week and getting back on track with cutting off my eating at night. I do have a few challenges. Later today we are going out to my step daughter's for a bar-b-que in honor of her boyfriends birthday. His family (his mother) usually brings all kinds of yummy Italian dishes like sausage and peppers (yum!) but I don't know exactly what we are having. I plan on having something (raw veggies) before we leave and on the way there and will bring my crocheting to keep my hands busy. I'm having lunch with a friend tomorrow in the city but I don't think that will be an issue.

OK - got to get ready for Anthony's arrival. Have a great rest of the weekend!
Judy
Old 08-07-2005, 12:50 PM   #13  

Hi all.

Rachel - Congrats for getting to the gym! You know that I understand being exercise challenged, so I know what a big deal that is! Good for you. The one thing I can't imagine facing is a gym full of hardbodies. Luckily for me, if I ever do go that route, our local hospital as a really nice fitness center, so I can go work out with the cardio rehab patients and not the pretty young things. Thank you so much for your words of caring and kindness. As for what you can do, just listening to me is more than enough, really. I think walking out of the dr.'s office with a handful of perscriptions just overwhelmed me. You're right about the sleep apnea - I know when that is fixed, a lot of other stuff is going to get a lot better. My dad died of a heart attack too - his third at age 51, so I know I really have to get a grip on it. I'll be calling the neurologist tomorrow to make plans for the sleep study.

Debbie - Congrats on maintaining on vacation. That's quite a victory!

Judy - Thanks, girlfriend. You know, I think the BP was on the high side because I was somehow nervous about the appointment. Usually I handle the whole poke and prod pretty well. Heck, I'm able to keep up a conversation and joke around while the doc is doing his thing. But I was sweating like a fiend this time. On bright side, the finally got those stupid paper gowns to be big enough that they actually cover something. You're right, it's been a stressful few months. I think when Ana starts back to school in a couple of weeks and I see that she's adjusted fine and the sky hasn't fallen in, I'll be a lot better. I know everything is going to be fine, I just need the event to be here and gone. I'm glad to hear that you're getting through the testing with Anthony. I'm sorry Krista has been ambivalent about letting you help Anthony. It's tricky ground you're walking on, as I'm sure you know, and I bet it's frustrating for you. Enjoy the BBQ today. I was so craving sausage and peppers last night. I think I may have to make them for dinner tomorrow.

Eating has been ok, but not great this weekend. Friday we went to the music park and had fried chicken and some salads. I just went easy on everything. Yesterday we had some of John's yummy gazpacho for lunch and, for some reason, just ended up with tortilla chips, bean dip, and salsa for dinner. The next two days are a birthday extravaganza. We're going to my mom's for supper - just beef sandwiches, so that will be ok, and cake. And I found out John ordered a cake from my favorite bakery to have tomorrow. I wish I would have known that when my mom said she was getting a cake. Leftovers will definitely be going into the freezer. And I'm having lunch with a friend tomorrow. I'll just have to do the best I can and be reasonable with portion sizes and all. And get back on the bike and also walk the mall where we're having lunch.

And now to do another load of clothes so I can drag the wet clothes to my mom's to dry. Yes, calling the dryer repairman is top on my list of things to do tomorrow.

Enjoy your day!

Carla
Closed Thread