Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-30-2005, 08:11 AM   #1  

Default Period Gain...

does anyone know approx. how much water weight you gain when you have your period so i dont go ballistic when i step on the scale? also, how long does the water weight stay there? does it go right away after your period has stopped?
ewynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:56 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

All the questions you asked really vary a lot from one person to the next. Some don't gain anything but I have heard others say they gain up to 8 lbs. Some lose it immediately, some don't for a week or so. The bottom line is don't worry about fluctuations in your weight no matter what the reason. I would only worry if you saw an "upward trend" that didn't come back down in a couple of weeks.
JuliaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 06:31 PM   #3  
LOSING TO LIVE LONGER!

my advice is to stay off the scale while you have your period. i am one of the lucky ones that doesnt retain water during that time of the month but as the other lady here, said, others can gain a lot, i have heard 4-5lbs. just stay off the scale so you dont get sidetracked by disappointment.

Kim
KIMMIFIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 12:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I gain about 5 pounds during that TOM. I have to agree, just avoid the scale.
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 10:02 AM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I usually gain 1-2lbs for the week and it is gone by the following week - but then it does vary from person to person.

To minimize the affect I minimize my salt intake - no pretzels, Triscuits or other salty foods which I tend to crave around that time and I drink lots of water.
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 10:59 AM   #6  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

I'm one of those really unlucky people ... 5-8lbs for me. I have to stay off the scale or else I'll be too disappointed even though I know whats up.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:51 AM   #7  

Angry I wish I saw this message this morning....

Before I got on the scale. My stomach's been crampy and I feel like a water balloon, but i got on the scale this morning anyway not realizing what was up. It was up by 7 lbs !!!!! I was so dissapointed that I almost stopped for a McGriddle at McDonalds on my way to work. Grrrrrrr
lawandap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:32 AM   #8  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Question

I have been thinking about this for a few days and maybe this is a stupid question... but when you retain water.. where is it? Is it in your belly, bladder, fat cells, muscles.. where?? I'm not sure that this matters very much but I am just curious.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote