South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 04:45 PM   #1  
Kyemom

Default Trader Joe's

Ok, so I have read so much from you guys about Trader Joe's. So, I decided to do a search and check it out. They sound so awesome..but.....There is no Trader Joe's within 2 hours of me.....guess I won't be shopping there anytime soon. It said they are putting a new store in Centerville, VA..so I mapquested that..ok no...3 1/2 hours away.... Can we protest and get one in Richmond? Anyone know of any other stores that are similar???
Old 07-28-2005, 05:50 PM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Should I not rub in that there is one 4 blocks from work?

Come up to Alexandria for a visit!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 09:38 PM   #3  

I am sorry you don't have a trader joes. I recently moved back to a larger city and am near one now...but just a few months ago I was over an hour away!! You can certainly call or email them and tell them there is a need in your community. There is a store going in to one town in CA that did that! It took time and a lot of emails from different people...but they are getting a TJ's!!
Old 07-29-2005, 12:41 AM   #4  

I have never even heard of them and have lived in FL, VA, NY and now CO. Are there any in CO?
Old 07-29-2005, 07:43 AM   #5  

I am one of the lucky ones who have a Trader Joes a few miles from my home! They carry mostly organic and whole foods, they have a great selection of cheeses, flavored hummus, fresh and frozen fruits and vegis, yogurts, breads and the list goes on! Of course they also have 3 buck chuck, (Charles Schwab wine), that is pretty good!! Prices on everything they sell is very reasonable too!! I also have a Whole Foods Market close by which also sells organic and whole foods and is a huge store. They have a big produce section, deli and bakery included but they are very pricey!! For those of you without these 2 stores close by who are looking for something similiar in your area should try to google search either whole foods or organic foods and see if anything pops up. I these days do most of my shopping at Costco (once a month) and am at Trader Joes 2-4 times a week but have noticed when venturing into a Kroger or Farmer Jacks that they have at least 1 aisle dedicated to organic foods.

I agree with shortiemetoo on e-mailing and telling them they are WANTED in your area, it couldnt hurt!! Good luck to everyone in their searches!!!
Old 07-29-2005, 09:44 AM   #6  

Kye, do send them an email. There are several here though not as many as I would like. The closest one to me is Reston. I'm hoping one will go into Leesburg or Ashburn eventually.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:57 AM   #7  
Kyemom

Richmond is such a big city....plus there are a lot of health nuts, with lots of money!!! I can't believe there is not one here already!!!! I think I will email. Anyone else that would like to email them also..please say we need a TJ in Richmond, VA...Thanks
Closed Thread