Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 09:37 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Nature Valley granola bars

Vickie, I think I just found the "PayDay" variety -- they're called Sweet & Salty Nut. They are individually wrapped (instead of two to a package like the crunchy ones) and each bar is 170 calories, 9 grams of fat, 2 grams of fiber, so 4 points each but I think I'm going to cut them into two pieces and just eat a half bar at a time.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:45 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Woo Hoo! So are they sold individually or in a box? I'm trying to decided to look in the candy aisle or the granola bar aisle.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:52 AM   #3  

They were with the other granola bars and come in a box of 6. I think the others have a box of six packages, and each package has two thin bars in it. I like the Oats 'n Honey kind, but these look REALLY good.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:53 AM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Now I"m hungry for granola/nut bars - and I"m allergic to nuts - go figure!

They sound so good!

Out of Control Froufie!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:51 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

i had one of these in the glovebox of the jeep. it was almost melted today. talk about delicious! be careful with these. they have "red light" printed on the side.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:52 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

frouf, i'm out of control right now, too. i'm seriously thinking of re-joining ww. either that or calling my doctor for some kind of help. i do well a few days then--blewey!
Old 07-27-2005, 09:05 PM   #7  

Hi Froufy -
I work at a school that has recently gone nut and nut oil free due to allergies and I have to admit I am having a hard time finding healthy snack items that are free of that stuff. I find that I buy something and then bring into work and realize it's not allowed. I find myself eating low fat cheese sticks and Reduced fat Wheat Thins all of the time! Other than fruit, do you have any suggestions for healthy snacks?
thanks!
Old 07-29-2005, 08:36 PM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

They must be fabulous. I was in Cub Foods today and they had a huge empty space for them but didn't have a one in the store.

I got a great deal on my Post spoon sized shredded wheat and bran cereal. The box was regularly $3.69 and I got them for $2.00. I bought 5 boxes. I LOVE a good bargain!
Old 07-29-2005, 08:43 PM   #9  

Vickie, I was in 7-11 (a convenience store) this afternoon and saw individual bars too. My box of six is already gone because I passed them out to my coworkers. I was so excited about how good they were that I wanted to share ... but now I'm wishing I had them back!!!
Old 07-29-2005, 08:47 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

these were one of the things i pigged out on this week. i love them but have to be careful about having them in the house.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:52 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm thinking that I'll have to have Jim hide them from me and dole them out when I tell him that I have the points.

One thing I'm craving really bad is a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. I can't eat it though because I use a huge amount of peanut butter and jelly. I'm sure it's hormonal, the nut thing so I thought these might help.

Maybe it would be better to buy the individual ones but I'm so cheap!
Old 07-29-2005, 08:59 PM   #12  

You should have Jim make you a sandwich and go light on the PB and jelly. Maybe just a half? How bad could that be?
Old 07-30-2005, 09:20 AM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

He would do it too, but I'm afraid it would be a slippery slope. I love PB & J the way you love a good beer. I'm afraid that I'd want another and another......
Closed Thread