Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-27-2005, 09:10 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Wednesday Chat - July 27th

Good Mornink'

How's everyone today?

I'm getting my hair cut and touched up today YAHOOO!!!! Can't wait until its over. I hate looking at myself for 2 hours in those mirrors, I always feel SOOO ugly LOLOL !!!! WELL? I mean ya got the cape thats strapped around your neck making it look like your face is 10 times bigger, they mess up your makeup with all that water flying around and your hair is slicked back.... RIGHT Love it when its done though.

Other than that NODDA, how about you all ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

Leenie – how is dd’s chin? And how is work? You will feel great after your haircut and touchup. You are so right - it's great when it's over. I understand what you are talking about with the mirror thing and cape and wet head only sticking out. You know – there are a lot of people that have a hard time getting a haircut bec of that sort of thing.

Snoopy – did ya’ll get rain? Is it any cooler there? We are suppose to have a “cool front” come thru in the next couple of days and the temp might be down to 92 or something haha

Cin – I cannot believe you are already walking around your block! Did you go “floating” yesterday afternoon too?

Kierie – I am so sorry about the struggles with your Gram. I’m glad she is doing better! Hope you made it thru the day without falling asleep at your desk. And congrats to you for not stress eating!

Meagan – congrats on the weight loss! Every pound definitely counts! Wow I cannot even imagine not having an ac

Carla – your kittens sound cute! Enjoy the new fridge! Isn’t it great to get new things! Especially CLEAN new things!

Joanne – how was your trip? I hope you are having a GREAT TIME with your family & friends!!!! When will you be back?

Marbles – I would imagine you exercised this morning! I skipped it – I am pmsing and cutting myself some slack so I don’t hurt somebody and a great big CONGRATS on 8 days or more of no sleeping meds! That’s awesome!

Buddly – sounds like you are on a cleaning frenzy girl! Wish you would head on over to my house.

Liz – are you sleeping?

Tippy – you staying out of trouble girlie?

hope everybody has a great day

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:58 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies:
I'm actually going up to PA tonight b/c there are some reports that gram is worse (she had another heart attack after we left Monday) and theres some that she's improving but I want to be with her.
Leenie I always take off my glasses in the beauty chair so I don't have to watch enjoy your new 'do
Cathy I didn't exercise either you're in good company
Carla I'm having Kitten envy we can't have any fuzzy pets apt won't allow it. Fridge envy too mine is shorter than me and I'm 5'2
I think I was eating too much cheese so my loss is stalled.
so I only had it at breakfast (I made cheesecake cupcakes) or rather a comedy of errors
The handblender I was using for part of the mix lost it's blade in the batter which luckily i found
and after I put the mix in the cupcake tins i remembered the vanilla and had to sprinkle extract in each individual cup
Sometimes I'm floored by my brilliance!
but they are good!
bbiab
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:12 PM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

Kierie, you can come and cat-sit for me when I run away to Italy for 3 months. (I wish!)

It's 97 outside and 83.6 in my office! my house is all ripped up and down to the bare lumber in one room, I hope the poor contractor does not arrest in this heat.

I busier than a one-legged man in an as*-kicking contest....see youse later.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:50 PM   #5  

Kierie, I'm so sorry that your grandmother is not doing well. She'll be glad to have you with her. I wasn't too pleased with the cats when they woke me up at 3:23 am, or at 5:30 either. Little monster. Monsieur thinks I should rush in and dispose of his reeking poop as soon as he has produced it. It would be beneath him to cover it... And he was also the author of the fake hairball incident. They are doing a great job of training me! As for the fridge, It's tall but small inside. Well laid out, so it holds a lot for it's size. It's exactly the same height as my ex, in fact. Hmmm. I sense a trend here. My boy cat has grey hair and is a furball, also like my ex. But I like the fridge and the cat SO much more.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:24 PM   #6  
prepare for the BEST time

I'll bet you do dispose of it fast (get a box with a top and door). BTW, if you belong to Sam's Club, their clumping litter is an excellent value.

Slim sleeps on my head (like a live turban) and wakes me up by "grooming" my forehead. Wylie uses my body as a launching pad to the dresser, and the dog does NOT like for me to disturb him as he sleeps right where I put my feet as I get up. The dog won't go to his bed until I get up....as he is the 92 lb. Akita, he usually gets his way......

my x-husband is also the size of my fridge (width-wise too)....I don't remember the exact size, but it's very large.....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:28 PM   #7  

Hey everybody!

Been busy and these nights just push me right out of the loop!

Today is a house cleaning day.........dd's included and then we are going to shower and go treat ourselves to a shopping trip..........dd13 wants mascara, dd7 wants some sort of book and I need new runners for work which are on sale at Sport Chek..........if I get my job I want I won't need my runners for work and can use them for my walk/jog regime.

I will know about the new job in the next couple of weeks.

Carla I hear ya about the fridge..........the things that excite us eh? Our new range is awesome.........two ovens.........hubby is a non meat eater and has always hated when I put his food in with the turkery etc so now they can be separated during cooking. It looks good too! Clean.......has inpired me to fix up my kitchen a bit and wipe down the cupboards etc.

Not a lot of news..........

I will try to catch up on all the posts!

Thinking of you all!

Liz

Last edited by liz321; 07-27-2005 at 07:52 PM.
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 07:26 PM   #8  

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Yeah it is horrible not having AC. I'm originally from CA, so I am not used to nothing to cool the house down. Today was a baaaaad day. I fell down a couple steps at work today in high heels, my foot and ankle are very swollen and in so much pain, and I have a big lump on my leg too. No health insurance and no money for the doctor, so I just have some frozen veggies on it (in a pillowcase so I don't freeze my leg off). I had a wonderful salad for dinner, I love Burger King salads. Well the storms are starting up for tonight, I'll talk to you ladies later!
chixyb is offline   Reply With Quote