Old 07-26-2005, 09:09 AM   #1  

Default Should I be concerned?

Hello all! I have been on induction for 3 days and am eating until staisfied and whenever I want but have average about 1,000 a day...is this ok? Maybe adding some oil to my veggies and cooking them not sure?!
ravenhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:22 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Yes, I think your calories are a bit low. Some oil, cheese, seeds, nuts would definitly boost up the calories without you having that "stuffed" feeling. Be careful not to go to low with calories b/c you'll eventually crash.

Good luck
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:30 AM   #3  

But im on induction, I thought those were not allowed on induction? *confused*
Old 07-26-2005, 10:17 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Cheese is allowed. And are you sure of your calorie count? What are you all eating (or not) during the day??
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:54 AM   #5  

I am only eating what is allowed on induction (including cheese no nuts) and I make sure I eat my veggies, 4 oz cheeze and as much meat as I want. I just get full quick and dont eat until I am hungry. Just works out to be about 1,000, I'm use to eating a lot less to be honest and I feel great so I dont know..Im using fitday to calculate everything
Old 07-26-2005, 01:05 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

I don't count calories so I'm not sure how to help you. Shoot, for the most part I don't even count carbs...just know I'm below 20. If you feel great (take vitamins) and are drinking water and are losing weight.....keep going that way. Just remember that when you're done with your 2 week induction....you can stay on induction but add a few nuts to increase the calorie intake.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:28 PM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

Welcome! I know when I first started on Atkins, I was not hungry most of the time. It took at least a week to adjust to the new way of eating before I started feeling hungry and eating more. As long as you're getting the necessary nutrients and drinking water, I'm sure you'll be fine, and I bet the calories will increase as your body adjusts to this new way of life.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:12 PM   #8  

This is a great forum - Thanks!!