South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 06:17 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday on The Beach - July 26

Well, I sure should be rested! I fell asleep on the couch around eight last night, woke to let the Girls out around eleven, and slept right through until 6 this morning. I guess I needed it!

It's very hot here already although it's only 66ºF - must be the 98% humidity that's making it feel so muggy. I'll phone the AC place again to find out exactly when they are coming - they did say by the end of this week but .....

I feel like I'm kicking my own butt to get started this morning so it's time for coffee and some meal planning. Yesterday was very low on veggies once again.

So what's happening by you? Come and have an iced coffee and chat. The deck cushions are dry this morning and the sun is just coming up.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:22 AM   #2  

GOOOOOD MORNING ..WAKE UP WAKE UP !!!! GET UP !
IT's Another Hot Steamy Day on the Beach here in Luverly New Joisey!!!!! I was having my cawfee, catching up on yesterday's posts! MERCY we are a bunch of Chatty Cathys! Ah well ...lets seee.................
Ruth: hope each day gets better for you... yes indeed, you probably needed a good deep slumber..be good 2 yourself. .and EAT your VEGGIES!!!

Kiko: I'm glad you said the heck with what you think you look like in a bathing suit and enjoyed yourself! Life is short and too short to be giving a Hoodle Doo (he heh) about what other people strife with their own insecurities thinks about you!

Amy: Way to go with staying OP

RNMOM
: I have to live my EMS days vicariously through your ER posts! LOL..

Artemis:
Hope this note finds you OP on Day 2 of Phase 2.. I'm sure you are doing GREEAAAATTTTTTT!

Marianna: What a luverly name! Good luck today at school!
Eleni: Hope you are feeling better today
Phins: That is absolutely horrible! GAWD, it's no wonder that all of us are not walking around paranoid about people.. and people you know.. Thankfully your DD is okay.. What a creep...

Val: With your attitude, daily activity You will succeed on South Beach..You Rock Girl...and seriously , there IS NO other way to swim then NEKKID!

Kyemom:
Great about the gym on the premise..No Xcuses!!! Get to the GYM!!!
Get those endorphins flowin!

Jen415:
One day at a time...some unwise food choices..but as Scarlett said " Aftah all, Tomarrow is anothah Day... Today is your day to start anew!

Changa! Way 2 GO!!!
Jenn: Good Stategy to just has a taste of HBs funnel cake and apple! When you want to eat, go on a roller coaster instead !!! We have 6 Flags (Great Adventure, we call it..) here and One time our only goal was to ride every coaster at least twice... What fun! Hope your foot gets better
Soon2 bFab: Lynyrd Skynyrd.. WHAT A HOOT! Saw them waaay back in 79 I think ...FREEEEEBIRD!!!! FREEBIRD LOL...
Cjane: sounds like you had so much fun in NC ... I hope that you get that pain checked out!!!!
Pearsy:
U R doing great... 14 pounds is alot ! and you are loosing at a healthy rate!

Happy Tuesday to all the rest of you that posted yesterday and that Post Today!!!

I am officially Black and Blue, We sign the sale papers today... so starts the next chapter ... OnWARD HO! TO NORTH CAROLINER! The rest of the week, what else? Packing.. But now, I must get my exercise in...
CIAO for NOW!
Old 07-26-2005, 07:34 AM   #3  

Morning y'all!

REALLY REALLY hot here too. Heat index of 110. Ick, yuck, blah.

Did my Firm Ab Sculpt this morning...twice. Felt good. Sure would like to get rid of that jiggly flab!

Got my legs waxed yesterday. Feelin' so smooth and pretty! (Oh, the two weeks before that were horrid letting it grow long enough, eek!) But now I'm back in shorts...well, not now, I'm at work, but you know what I mean!

Nothing else going on, just work, work, work. Have a happy Tuesday everyone!
Old 07-26-2005, 07:52 AM   #4  

Evening Everyone

Ruth * Sounds like you definitely needed the sleep... I so envy you at the moment.

Schatzi * We are moving as well.. good luck with it all - they reckon that moving house is the most stressful thing to do..

Lydia * I hope that your day at work is lovely.

Well my first day back at lectures was really great actually... good to catch up with some like minded people. We had to go and sign the lease for the new house and we got home very late which meant we were all very frazzled My beautiful one is asleep now.. so my husband and I are frantically packing stuff into boxes and bags... I am so touched to get a call from some friends tonight, who tell me that they will be over tomorrow to help me move Very sweet of them.

Despite being out late and having no food available ,I managed to hold off eating any junk and had some soup when we got home. I remembered someone's words on another thread talking about how it was ok to be hungry... and that popped into my head and kept me going - so thanks

Must fly and pack while my litle one is alseep for the night!

Have a great day at the beach!
Old 07-26-2005, 08:02 AM   #5  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning Chickadees~~

Ahh, nothing like a COLD smoothie for breakfast on a sweltering morning. When I left to go to the nursing home at 4:00, it was already 78* . We're supposed to reach 98* with a shade heat index of 104* GAK!!

Ruth, what's the deal with the AC guys? Are they the only ones in town? Is there no one else to call who can come and fix you up sooner? I hope you're able to keep sufficiently cool in the mean time.

Good morning, Lydia and Schatzi!

I almost fell over last night...dh made me a Beach-friendly dinner: sole fillets stuffed with crab meat and baby shrimp and broccoli with cheese sauce. It wasn't perfect. I'm sure the cheese wasn't lowfat, but hey, at least it wasn't hamburgers on white bread buns!

I'm feeling very sorry for myself at the moment. Miss Mary and most of my writer buddies are in Reno for our National conference this week. I couldn't go, so I'm indulging in a pity party. What made it worse was that I got an email from a fairly well known author in reply to one I'd sent her...she said it was too bad I wasn't going as she'd love to introduce me to some editors and her agent. WHAAHHHH!!! I wanna go, dammit!!! The only thing that's keeping me sane is that the conference is being held here in Atlanta next year.

Okay, I gotta fly on outta here. Hope everyone has a great day!

Mamacita
Old 07-26-2005, 08:06 AM   #6  

morning everyone!
How was everyone's weekend? It is HOT HOT HOT out! good thing I finally splurged and bought an AC huh ....have a good day!

~chels
Old 07-26-2005, 08:33 AM   #7  
Kyemom

Morning fellow beachers!!! Hope everyone had a good evening last night, and stayed OP.
Mamcita: Wow, that was so great of him to make such a yummy sounding dinner!!
Ruth: There has to be someone else that can come fix your AC unit. It is too flippin hot to be without one now.
Schatzi: Good luck on the move & packing. I just moved in May, and know what a pain it can be
Serious: I have always wanted to do that..Does it hurt??
Marianna: Way to go with the willpower
Me???? Well, I am meeting my kids daycare for lunch today at Cici's pizza. It is an all you can eat pizza place here in Virginia. Good thing I don't really like pizza, and they do have a salad bar!!!
I fell like I am doing so well with staying OP, but not seeing a lot of weight change. I know I have lost inches, but I would like to see more. A friend of mine came over last night, and she started SB at 183 and is now 154 after 2.5 months. I just don'e see myself having that fast success. Now that I will be able to work out, hopefully that will help. I think I will become the treadmill queen!!! Anyway, ya'll have a great morning, I gotta get somemore coffee.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:55 AM   #8  

Good morning! Long time, no post. Well I'm done with Phase 1 and lost a whopping 3lbs But I'll take it. This week I've added in exercise along with my carbs. I'll be perfectly happy with a lb a week weight loss (though I do have a wedding to go to on the 6th and would LOVE to lose 4lbs by then) I managed to do a birth and stay OP. Dh's surprise 30th b-day party was on Sat night and I ate some cake and pasta but am happy to say that it didn't trigger any future cravings Now I just have to work on eating more veggies and drinking more water. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:00 AM   #9  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Good morning to all!!!

A much better one than yesterday.....I am seeing things much better today. I'm still trying to flush away all the puffiness in my hands and feet, so it's glug glug glug for me!

I am trying to decide if, since I re-started P1 yesterday, if I should stay on it for two weeks or just one? Any advice or opinions?
Old 07-26-2005, 09:02 AM   #10  

Good morning, everyone! I've just got time for a quick post and then it is off to the doctor's for my annual physical. I'm hoping my cholesterol numbers are good and that my blood pressure is too. It always goes up in her office so I'm bringing my meter with me so she can verify that mine is accurate. I get great numbers when I take mine at home. I'm working from home today since my doc is just down the street and work is 15 miles away. I also need to get her to fill out a medical form for my cub scout leadership training in September. They require a physical for this type of training which makes me wonder exactly how physical it will be (I know there is backpacking and camping outdoors for 6 days). I'll pop back in later to let y'all know how it all turned out.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:29 AM   #11  

Kye--where in VA do you live? I live in Lansdowne, work in Arlington. DH works downtown. LONG commute! And yes, leg waxing hurts, but once you've done it a few times it gets better. The bikini part's the killer. But overall I'd rather have both legs and bikini done than eyebrows. Now THAT hurts!

Mamacita, bummer about the writers conference. Just keep telling yourself that it's hotter than BLAZES in Reno and aren't you glad you're baking at home rather than there (yeah, I know, at least it's a dry heat)!

JustJess, congrats on 3 lbs. When you're starting poiint is 128, 3 lbs in 2 weeks is pretty darned good. Once I get back to my post-JC weight of 130 I'll be thrilled if I can keep taking off a lb a week to get down to 125. I'll stop there (I'm 5'2 but big boned). Any less and I look sick!

Barb, have fun at the doctor's. I know I actually enjoyed going to my doctors after I got the weight off and was relatively healthy. Now I don't want to go back 'til I've gotten off this 16 lbs that I've gained since I last saw her. How dumb is that??
Old 07-26-2005, 09:40 AM   #12  
Kyemom

Serious: I live in Powhatan, about 15 miles west of Richmond. I do the eyebrows, actually do them myself! So, maybe I should go ahead & try the legs & bikini. Should probably wait until I drop a bit more weight...would not want to scare the poor wax technician!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 09:58 AM   #13  

Morning Gals. Today is wet and cold and rainy. Weird as yesterday and the past few days have been over 103. So I guess I will have no excuse but to clean and work out. My last season of Sex and the City finally arrived so I will get on the treadmill and watch that. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-26-2005, 10:00 AM   #14  

Well, I got to the office only to be told that my appointment is tomorrow. I guess I'll try this again tomorrow!
Old 07-26-2005, 11:00 AM   #15  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone!!
I can't chat for long.....gotta get the excercise in!! It's finally starting to pay off....guess I finally listened to Barb. Still gotta watch the portions!!
Ruth....you need more veggies...I need more water..gotta get it together!!
Schatzi - you kill me!!!
OK ladies...I'm off to watch discovery channel health & excercise...have a great day!
Closed Thread