South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 12:39 AM   #1  

Default Ricotta cheese desserts

I have tried a few of these and I follow directions but they come out tasting like cheese. Tonight I tried the vanilla creme with vanilla splenda and ricotta. Am I doing something wrong or no matter what its going to taste like cheese?
Old 07-25-2005, 05:20 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, it is cheese, of course. Some folks dislike the texture and add a bit of ff/sf yogurt or some egg whites to smooth it out. When you hit Phase II, you can do them with fruit and see if that improves things.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:27 AM   #3  

Thanks for the ideas!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Try different brands, some are more creamy and less gritty then others. If you have a stick mixer, you can beat a lot of air into it and it gets a little lighter, mix in a little ff milk or ff plain yogurt and some sugar free syrups to get some nice flavor.

I've found that if you add a lot of flavoring, it sort of cuts the cheese flavor and the ricotta becomes the carrier for the flavor.

I've mixed dutch cocoa powder and SF French Vanilla syrup, throw it in the coldest part of the fridge- I have one part that lightly freezes most things. (Bad fridge) then it tastes pretty good. You have to fiddle around with ratios of each to find what works for you.

I've also used a blender to make a entire container, but that's too dangerous for me because then I'll take a spoonful-ok, ok, other people might say close to 1/4 cup everytime I open the fridge, (Did I mention I have a small problem with portion control?) and that's not good at all.

These ricotta desserts are very calorie dense to be used as a treat and not to go overboard.

Sarah
Old 07-25-2005, 11:06 AM   #5  

Sarah good idea. I like the sf puddings a lot so I will treat myself with that soon. Maybe I will try another ricotta thing too but everytime I eat it I cant stop thinking about the cheese taste!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Kimberly, I agree with what Sarah said. It took me 3 or 4 tries before I could find a brand that I liked.

I have it with SF organic cocoa powder and SF Vanilla Extract. I dont get any cheesey taste now, just a creamy chocolatey type taste.

Not everyone find that they like it though, so have you tried the Chocolate Milkshake made with ricotta? Its legal for P1 - the recipe is in the Recipes area of the forum and it is absolutely delish! I prefer it to the ricotta creme dessert.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:21 PM   #7  

I will try that!
Closed Thread