South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 01:26 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Cool Friday Chick Chat

Good morning, girls! Wakey wakey!!

Okay, so I haven't gone to bed yet. My alarm clock didn't work this morning (or yesterday, for that matter), and I was late getting DD to summer school this morning. I mean yesterday morning.
I think I'll doss down on the chaise and set the alarm on the stove...
Hope you're all sleeping soundly.

RNMom, I'll say good morning to you right now in case you're still up.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:47 AM   #2  

CACKLE DOODLE DOOOOOOOO! TGIF all you hard workin Beachin Broads!
Caused a ruckus this morn... Went outside to pick up some poop (I got lazy last night and just let the girls out on the lawn).. so, I'm picking up the poop and my mind gets to wandering..(Hmm Maryanns drain is down gotta tell her...lalala, oh pretty bird..) and I pick up this blobbette of poop, (lala) WHAH?!!, EWWW whats WIGGLING IN MY HAND!!!! EW EW EW! I throw the paper towel with the poop in up in the air...it COMES DOWN ON MY HEAD.. ACCK , poop in my head! HOLY ALMIGHTY BOB ITs not POOP, Its a NEST OF SLUGS!!! I hate slugs...I AM SO SKEEVED! I run into the house for a box of SALT..RUN OUT doing what can only be described as an apoplectic war dance... pouring salt on these slugs... So my neighbor comes out of her house to check out the commotion in her matching robe and slippers as I am dancing around with a box of salt screaming EW EW, hitting my head to rid it of any rogue slug (EW) in my holey nightshirt with non matching plaid pants... Neighbor Jen was also skeeved..( Could be because of my nightwear....) She at first thought I was having some sort of seizure and then started to laugh --which brought out Carl and Lisa.. (she in her matching robe and gown)....Glad they have a sense of humor, we ended up having coffee on the patio ..at quarter after 5 ...
I'm better now.. took a shower, and threw out my ratty night wear..
mental note: must purchase matching nightgown robe and slippers..
Old 07-22-2005, 07:36 AM   #3  

Oh, lordy, Schatzi. That is the BEST story.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:43 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

OMG! I love a big laugh first thing in the morning! Schatzi, you are too funny! You can come and pick up poop in my garden anytime. Tacky nightwear would fit in well in Delta. Nekkid works too.

Ellis, "doss"? Are you trying to turn the American chicks into Anglophiles? Kip and doss in the same week? Are you having minced and mashed for dinner? Figgy duff? Spotted Dick? Never mind! I hope you manage to get some sleep....

I got through yesterday's hot and hectic day just fine and hit the sheets by ten for a great sleep. It's heating up here already so I'm off to water at the Fairgrounds before the gates open at nine and then I will come home. (The treasurer seems to finally have her sh** together so I've not had to take over her job. Whew!) I work the lunch shift at the gate today and will work in a nap after that. I'm listening to my body in this heat. She and I are starting to build a really good relationship!

Keep calm, cool and collected on this TGIF. Iced today for our
Old 07-22-2005, 07:45 AM   #5  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey ladies!

Ellis: hope you got enough sleep last night, girl!!

Schatzi: Too funny! I can only imagine the racket goin' on over there. Poor wittle babyslugs......SLUG KILLER!!!!!

I'm drinking coffee and water. No woods today... I have some reading and stuff to do. Yeah, I get to be in air conditioning!!!
Old 07-22-2005, 07:54 AM   #6  
Mother Hen

Schatzi What a story. I laughed so hard as I imagined you in your yard. What a gross thing to happen.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:33 AM   #7  
GARDENING ADDICT

Schatzi~~I love the way you tell a story!!!! That was so funny Thanks for the laugh!!

Ruth~~ Just when I get used to Ellis's "English", you come up with Spotted Dick . I'm afraid to ask what that is. I'm sorry to read about Harry and the decisions that you are faced with.

Gotta run, I have a hair appt this morning.
Ya'll have a wonderful day
Old 07-22-2005, 09:01 AM   #8  
Kyemom

Schatzi.....OMG I laughed so hard!!!!!!!!!! You kill me girly....There is a new service here in my area that comes out to your house & pics up your dog poop. (What a job)...I should call & see if the charge extra for extra large Great Dane size poop!!! Anyway, Went out for chinese last night (I know bad), but I did very well. Gonna try a new dish in the cookbook called healthy bird...we will see if that is any good.
Have a great day on the beach..I will check in again in a few!!
Old 07-22-2005, 09:03 AM   #9  
gotta lose it!

morning...Schatzi....too funny!!
Morning pear,2b, ellis & ruth.....I'm still asleep...going to get coffee....be back later
Old 07-22-2005, 09:12 AM   #10  
Kyemom

Default back to Califlower

Yes, it was fresh ( at least it was bought fresh..who knows how long the store holds that stuff), the milk was fresh, and I did not use cheese..was I supposed to? Maybe I should try again...anyone ever use frozen cauliflower?
Old 07-22-2005, 09:32 AM   #11  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Kyemom: The healthy bird recipe is really good. Not sure what to tell you about the cauliflower. Everytime I've made it it's been good. Instead of milk try a few tsp of the spray butter with salt, garlic powder, and pepper. I love it that way!
Old 07-22-2005, 09:46 AM   #12  

Oh... did it not have cheese in it? I'm sure I used low-fat mozzerella in mine... no wonder I'm so fat.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:01 AM   #13  
Kyemom

I used the ff half & half, salt, pepper, and garlic powder..I think maybe the califlower was bad...I will try again...
Old 07-22-2005, 10:04 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Schazti-how funny, what a way to wake up! At least you were wearing bottoms with your holey night shirt. The other night I was getting ready to go to bed when I realized that it sounded like water was running...hmm where was that coming from? Turns out that my DH had turned on the water outside to water the lawn, it's 10:30 at night, nobody should be out, we don't have any neighbors across the street, I thought I could sneak out in my long night shirt and just turn it off quickly and nobody would be the wiser...well just as I was about to bend down to turn off the water, my neighbor pulls up and starts to have a conversation. Now I have to figure out how to gracefully bend down without flashing my older male neighbor because he's a talker and it will be a long conversation. Fortunately it started to rain and he ran inside before he could get an eyefull.
Sarah
Old 07-22-2005, 10:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

GRRRRrrrr...just lost a post, i hate when that happens!

ANYWAY,
Schatzi-----Thanks for the fantastic wake up!!! I could picture myself screaming and running for salt!!!! SLUG-O-CIDE!
BTW...where in NC are you moving? My Dear SIL & BIL move to NC last Sept.

Weigh In Day....da-da-da-DUMMMM....well, the 2 lbs that I had added had packed up and left and took a friend with them....woo hoo! I finally broke the 220 barrier..and I'm down to 219. Next Barrier---- ONEderland

I completed my training on IV's just in time for the hospital to shut down a couple of floors due to low census...so my hours are next to nothing over the next 2 weeks! I have 3 days over 2 weeks. At first I was angry, but then resolved...I have had a hard time staying OP and exercising regularly since I started this job...so now is the perfect time to get myself jumpstarted again!

It looks like it's gonna be cloudy out today, so I think I'm gonna run and get some much needed yard work done
Closed Thread