Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-21-2005, 07:08 AM   #1  

Default 1 day under my belt

My goal for yesterday was to get 1 day under my belt of not eating anything between meals and NOT having my usual 2 donuts for breakfast. Mission accomplished!!!

Yesterday I had my breakfast at home (a bowl of Cheerios)
my lunch out at work was a chicken kabob sandwhich wrap with a salad
and dinner another bowl of cheerios (my DH and DS are away and it was to hot for anything else)

When i was hungry during the day I grabbed a bottle of water and last night watching TV I fought off the temptation to snack. It was hard but whenever it hit me I just made myself busy doing something else.
today is a new day. off to iron and then have breakfast at home
scrappyredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 07:45 AM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Eating between meals isn't the horrible habit we often think it is. Snacking can help us to maintain our blood sugar and keep us from getting so hungry that we splurge at meals. I have read many times that you actually shouldn't go more than 3-4 hours without eating. The key is what your snacks are. Try just some fruit or a yogurt or a low-fat granola bar or some veggie sticks...there are lots of healthy snacks out there. Just be careful not to starve yourself between meals because that may cause you to eat more at meals to make up for it! I have also read (and heard from people on here) that it is helpful to actually eat 4-6 small meals each day instead of just 3 (for the same reason as snacks are good).

Replacing the donuts is an AWESOME start, so definite congratulations to you! Just be sure you are getting enough calories each day so your body doesn't think it's starving and hold on to every bit of fat for dear life! Eating fewer than 1200 calories a day is NEVER recommended (unless by a doctor for a specific medical reason). I recently increased my daily average calories from about 1450 up to almost 1900, and it has actually made me lose weight FASTER! Just some food for thought Good luck, and congratulations at meeting your 1-day goal so far
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote