Old 07-19-2005, 11:46 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Tuesday Chat 7/19

Well, did pretty good yesterday except a handful of grapes. They were calling to me!! Well, DH will learn not to leave valuables in his vehicle w/out locking it up now. He had his GPS stolen last night. There's been a bunch of auto burglaries lately in our area. I've a clue who did it...but no proof. And the mom isn't about to turn her baby in! What's with parents like that???? Anyway, we have to go through and make sure nothing else is taken and then we're calling the police. We need a report of it to add to the others in our area. MAYBE they'll decide to patrol the area more!!! We live in a suburb and share a county police. Not the town police. So they're busy and I understand. But with the amount of breakins? How soon before it's homes????? Or escalates to murder? Scary thought!!!

everyone
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:33 PM   #2  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, Brenda. I think you're doing pretty well with having grapes. It could be a lot worse! I actually had some grapes yesterday, too. Hope your neighborhood starts being patrolled better -- that sounds kind of scary!

I think I'm finally getting back into the swing of things here. I've started trying out new recipes again, and that always motivates me. It's amazing what all we can eat on this WOE! I made a tasty shrimp salad, broccoli salad, rotissere (sp??)-style chicken and creamed spinach lately, and I was happy with all of them.

On Saturday, a friend had a wig party. It was pretty fun, except it was SO hot. I guess there were too many people at her house, and we overwhelmed the air conditioner. Wigs are terribly hot and itchy! Anyway, I have some pictures -- so I'll have to post a few (even though I'm red and sweaty in them).

I just noticed that our "Progress Pictures" thread disappeared. We'll have to start a new one of those. They are so motivating!

Anyway, hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 03:48 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

chickies
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:06 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

Where is everybody?? Did the heat melt people???
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:39 PM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hi girls,
I am alive, the wethere is HOT but the AC works so all is well.

The kids and I are driving to NY tomorrow. It took me till this afternoon to think about packing again.

Some of you may know we have been looking for a dog. We have been in contact with a breeder in NH. Sadly the yellow lab lost her whole litter over the 4th. The black is due on Monday and as long as there are 2 females in the litter they have moved us to the black lab list. The woman lost her daughter to cancer earlier this year. although she seems stong in some ways sh is very fragile and the lost puppies has been hard on her and the *****.

I am thrilled they still want us to have a pup. if if does not work out, we will go looking for a puppy when we are in NC in a few weeks. (yes another bag to pack!) so life is busy, the kids are enjoying hanging at home today as am I, no equator treck for me but i am ok with it

ps brenda, a great summer treat is to put those grapes in the freezer. yum and I wouldn't worry too much about some fruit.

-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote