Old 07-19-2005, 11:28 AM   #1  
one pound at a time

Angry I want to cry

Well I decided to go buy a scale. I didn't own one. Going to my parents place to weigh my self was getting to be a pain. So I went out and bought a nice new scale. I steped onto it and just about fell off it....315lbs, yikes, I stepped on it again...295.1 okay better once more 295.1 nope....that's 15lbs more than what my moms scales says....depression starts to creep in....I go to the walk in clinic and ask them to weigh me yep my new scales correct ugh.
Oh well I'll just keep doing. what a horrible way to end an already horrible day. I didn't drink any water yesterday, I only ate diner, no breaky no lunch, was just way to upset to eat (problems at work) I know I must so right now I'm going to go eat my breaky and have a couple of glasses of water. Thanks for listening.
unheardkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:54 AM   #2  
Crazy Canuck

Deja vu, anyone?

My dear unheardkoala, please don't cry or be overly disappointed (although I know right now it really hurts). HOWEVER, I urge you to read this link about Jennifer's initial distress and then look at her avator, progress pictures and loss stats. If that fantastic success story doesn't make you feel better about that darn scale, then I don't know what will.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47354
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

((big hug))
I know it is frustrating but just think when you get to goal you can say you lost more at the end. You can get through this. In a few weeks it will be a small memory.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:27 PM   #4  
Downsizing Dee!

I'm sure that must be very frustrating but.....you've still lost 15 pounds and the new scale can't take that away from you!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:32 PM   #5  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Aww...

You know what? You've still dropped 15 pounds. Your new scale can't take that away from you.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:36 PM   #6  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiedarling
I'm sure that must be very frustrating but.....you've still lost 15 pounds and the new scale can't take that away from you!
Drat, you beat me to it. Great minds think alike!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFatFish
You know what? You've still dropped 15 pounds. Your new scale can't take that away from you.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 328/292/135

Height: 5' 1"

I'm back on my soap box...those scales were created by the and sent to earth to torment the living daylights out of us! But like they said...you have lost 15 lbs, and that is awesome! Don't be too upset, if possible, just keep going...you're doing great!

Hugs,

M'Chelle
bonnieangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 03:20 PM   #8  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up

Aww, sweetie -- a few of us have been in the yucky moment in which you find yourself right now. It really, really sucks!!! I'm really glad Jill posted that thread of Jennifer's -- you'll see that I experienced it also, among others. The thing is....it really is just a moment you're in right now, even though it might not seem like it at present. I'm with the others: nothing has changed the fact that you've lost 15 pounds -- you're off to a great start! Later on, when you've added a bunch of pounds to those 15 you've already lost, you'll be so proud of yourself for getting past this and not letting it get you off course. You're going to have a completely different perspective than you do right now. That new number on the scale isn't the important thing; the important thing is that you have already taken steps to change your life and give yourself what you deserve....and you've already lost 15 pounds!!! How many people come here and TALK about how they're going to lose weight and make all these plans and then never get as far as you have??? A LOT. You're going to be ok. Don't let this rock you -- you're stronger than that. Spit on that scale and teach it a lesson, girl!

You can do it, and everyone here knows you can. I'm really proud of you for coming here and sharing your frustration -- not only did it take courage, but it shows just how serious you are about your weight loss. You didn't just have a private hissy and give up; you faced it head-on, shared it with friends, and moved forward.

You're going to be just fine. Be sure to read Jennifer's (teapot's) thread -- I think you'll really find some comfort there. In the meantime, lots of 's!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 03:58 PM   #9  
one pound at a time

Thanks everyone.....your right I'm still 15lbs lighter than I was....Nothing going to get me down. putting one foot infront of the other......hugs
unheardkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:20 PM   #10  

Arghhhh, evil scales! But good for you unheardkoala, you've got just the right attitude. Put it behind you and move on, it only gets better from here.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:38 PM   #11  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Sounds like some good advice here. Hope your feeling better.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:27 PM   #12  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I hope so too, sweetie!

If you look a few pages back you'll see my post about MY new scale, I was just as upset as you are but guess what?

It is a distant memory now. I'm past the weight I thought I was before so I feel much better now.

It'll be OK, I promise.....but boy...do I know how much that hurts

xoxoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:52 PM   #13  
Jennifer

I knew my ears were burning for a reason . Sorry it has taken me so long to respond; things have been kinda crazy here, and I was at a client's all day yesterday.

As Jilly and Sarah noted, yes, it was an extremely painful thing to step on that scale and see 15 pounds more to lose... I do think I actually shed a tear or two. But now, it seems like ancient history, and I'm perversely kind of excited that I will be able to say I've lost even more when I hit goal. Is that or what? Ha!

Incidentally, one of the biggest lessons I've learned about weight loss is the balance of the immediate and the long-term. Short-term choices, feelings, and scale readouts do make a difference, but they ARE NOT the only thing. There's also the long-term, the collection of the little choices we're making daily that add up to big changes in the way we look and feel. Remind yourself each day that you're in this for the long haul. Time *will* pass (much quicker than you think once it has passed!) and if you keep up the hard work, I can definitively say that you *will* see results. Making yourself feel that way is the hard part, so you cannot depend on inspiration to get the job done.

Anyway, I'm rambling, but the point is HANG IN THERE. This little setback will be a distant memory soon, so don't let it impede your progress. Remember that we're all here for you, though, whenever you need to vent!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote