Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-18-2005, 05:42 PM   #1  

Default Husband is supportive

I have set a goal for myself to loose 38 pounds by October 15th. I started my healthy attitude (sounds so much better than dieting) on July 8th and have so far lost 8 pounds. Only 30 more to go!! My husband is going to give me $150 to buy new clothes with if I meet my goal. I will weigh 167 pounds then. If I loose another 20 pounds (by Christmas) after that I get another $150 plus a years worth of tanning.
I work and have my own money but it is nice to have your husband, your best friend encouraging you along the way. I am sure he has his own selfish reasons but oh well, I will benefit all the way around.
How is your significant other helping you?
Patti
DawsonCreekGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:04 PM   #2  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Wow, great to hear this, and I share your joy!

My Special Man is being very supportive as well. He hasn't promised me anything, but he does so much for me already, and I'm so happy and grateful to have him.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:11 PM   #3  

Mine is pretty good..
He is one though that has never commented on my weight ...ever..
Now matter how much i gained..
Now he is making a few tentative comments on .. Wow!! You are really losing alot of weight.. It's important to him though that I don't feel bad .. He loves me for thick and thin..
He is trying to diet with me.. He has a tough time with it though and I'm finding snickers wrappers in his lunch box now and then.. but at least he's not bringing them home and is allowing me to keep our house fairly safe and healthy so that I'm not sabatoged..
I've been trying to get him to go walking with me.. but unfortunatly watching wrestling etc. is more important!
All in all though.. I'm really blessed!
dona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:47 PM   #4  
I CAN do this!

Wow! 8 pounds already?!?! I started about a week before you and only have 6, so I'm jealous!! How are you doing it??

Having a supportive husband is EVERYTHING!! Mine is wonderful (except for when he has a potato chip craving and eats them in front of me ) but I wish he'd put $150 on the table like that!! I could buy a TON of clothes for that!!
LegallyBrunette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

My husband has been fantastic. My reward when I get to my goal weight is to get a tattoo in honor of each of my children. They're a big part of the reason I'm doing this. I want to be around long enough to meet THEIR grandkids. He's not crazy about tattoos but he's cheering me on. He has commented (a lot, lately) on how baggy some of my clothes are getting. He mentioned how firm my butt is too . He's been very willing to try new, low-fat and low-calorie recipes as I suggest them, which is a big deal for a picky eater. He's a good guy.
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:19 AM   #6  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

My husband has been losing weight with me. Hes lost 67 pounds and is putting on muscle every where. So were both working at it and getting more healthy.
He calls me from work and asks if I had worked out and on the weekends we work out together and he shows me new weight lift postions. So hes been so supportive. He also cooks dinner and always makes sure we are eating s best as we can.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 04:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 312/174/150

My hubby is super. We do some workouts together which is a nice break to my usual routine. He will support my food choices if we are going out and I know I need to avoid certain places if I don't feel stong enough to limit my portions. He loves to go clothing shopping with me and always encourages me to buy things. He also understands this is a priority for me and never belittles my efforts or need to say no to old bad habits. We are a great team.
Burgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 04:15 PM   #8  
Looking for Thin

My husband is supportive of me. He isn't necessarily dieting with me but is helping me keep on track. He is helping hold me accountable. He loves me for who I am but knows he'll benefit if I lose. LOL!!!!! As far as rewards go, he said he'll figure that out when I get there.
squiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:31 PM   #9  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

My husband is amazing.

He eats whatever I'm cooking for dinner without complaint and has even learned how to cook healthy meals himself. (He does at least 1/2 the cooking, so that's been a huuuge help)

He takes walks with me.

He doesn't eat junk in front of me.

Has always told me I'm beautiful, no matter what weight I've been.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:56 PM   #10  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

He makes comments about how he married this self-concious overweight gal and now has this skinny hot babe on his hands. LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote