Old 07-17-2005, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Carmen Electra Strip Tease Video..

Has anyone tried this out? Is it fun? Easy to catch on to?

~Liz
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:32 PM   #2  

Honestly, I think it's HORRIBLE! I think there are 4 total dvds, and I have the first two. #1 has most of the stripping, and #2 is toning. I like disc #2...it's a pretty good workout too. However, #1 isn't exactly the best! I'd feel stupid doing this in front of my cat. It's not a good workout, and it's certainly not sexy!

Sorry to be so opinionated!!
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

No, don't be sorry!! They look like fun, but I wanted to know what people thought, who have actually used them!

I saw the boxed set on Ebay for pretty cheap, so thats why I was asking

Thanks!!

~Liz
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:28 PM   #4  

I really like disc#2...Haven't tried the other ones though.
ItzTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 07:01 PM   #5  

So much fun! but definitely not a great workout, fit to strip (disc #2)is okay I do have to say that the man who instructs the video is great for motivation and high energy. I agree that the the strip part isnt sexy but it is fun.If you have seen Charlie angels full throttle then you have seen the routine that is used in this video. I didnt purchase them because I was very unsure of them being worth the money so I ordered them through blockbuster to try them out, so if you are a member of netflix or blockbuster you can order them and see what you think.
mom2nicolenmatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 03:37 PM   #6  

I have seen mixed reviews about the Strip Tease video set on amazon.com I am still wanting to get it to try it out It looks like fun! I also belly dance, so I am thinking it may help me out in those areas too with loosening up

Hugs, Marche
marche81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 04:52 PM   #7  
Haley

I bought the first one and it was so boring! I didn't feel like I got a workout at all and it really did look more ridiculous than anything else.
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:51 PM   #8  

I have the whole set and have only done #1 so far. I am waiting to get bored of #1 and haven't yet. So, I do like them and think they are fun...also my cat hasn't complained yet and seems intrigued to watch! I have also taken belly dancing lesons and find similiarities with the isolation moves. They are definetely not a substitution for a full cardio workout, but I use them to supplement my regular workouts like in the morning and/or at night when I need to kick start my metabolism.
tlcstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:33 AM   #9  
Vanessa

Wow! Great to hear people talking about these videos. I though of getting them too!!!
vinny081299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 02:51 PM   #10  

I'm new to this forum, but I had to add my 2 cents
I hate the Carmen Electra video, it is really not a workout, and she really annoys me...However I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jeff Costa's cardio striptease workout. It is easy to follow, but I definately work up a sweat. I feel alittle silly doing it sometimes, but all in all I think it is a fun DVD!
beth37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:20 PM   #11  

I personally like Fit to Strip (the second video). It targets body parts that the Firm doesn't (twisting movements and hips and thighs). I like to use it as an in between Firm work out. It is fun, goes by quickly, and is relaxing.
caitietee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 06:52 PM   #12  
Determined

I do think they're kind of fun, but not the best workout. Sometimes I do them on my "day off" just as a fun way to stay active though. They are challenging enough (at least to me, but then, I can't dance. ) to be fun. If you can get them for cheap, I'd say they're probably worth it.
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 10:26 PM   #13  

I'm thinking of getting them too. I mean it's kinda of useful to use on your boyfriend or husband haha. and if you can lose weightby using them too, I'm IN!!
Shak3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 08:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

I have to disagree about the Carmen videos being anything at all like belly dancing. The Carmen videos are fun, and any of the striptease workout videos are a nice change of pace when you don't want to do a regular workout-but comparing real belly dancing to striptease moves is a real pet peeve of mine.
I don't want to get off topic with it at all...just most pro belly dancers don't like any comparison between the two, and we work hard trying to educate others about our profession.
Hugs,
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 12:26 AM   #15  

I have all four of them and the first one made me feel ridiculous. The second one wasn't quite as bad. It was a much better workout than the first. If you're looking for something to use on your Boyfriend or husband, number three I believe is the lap dance disc.

berta08 is offline   Reply With Quote