Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 03:01 AM   #1  
MOM of 6 great kids!

S/C/G: 272/210.6/155

Height: 5' 7"

Question WW @ Home vs. Online

Hi all, newbie here! I would love to join WW, but there are no meetings close to me (and I mean within 200 miles!!) I am hoping some of you can tell me the advantages/disadvantages of doing WW @ home vs. online, which do you prefer and why? Thanks in advance for any info, I look forward to joining WW and getting to know all of you here!!

Kathy
Old 07-17-2005, 10:24 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

You get the same information with both of them. Online is strictly all the information online and at home you actually get the books along with a few other things such as the Food/Dining Out Companions and a PointsCalculator.

I believe with both there is some sort of support from an 800 number.

Neither of them can you become a lifetime member.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:06 PM   #3  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Kathy, I got the info and do it at home (I havent been to a meeting nor do I pay for them although I follow WW flex faithfully) I have the books and sliders which are INVALUABLE!!!!!!!!! (did I put that right?) I would be lost without them and take them EVERYWHERE calculating my points and figuring out what I will eat. I use 3FC as my meeting place and post my weight here- being accountable and such. I would LOVE to join online but do not have the funds to do so....so doing the next best thing. Good luck in what you choose.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:01 AM   #4  
MOM of 6 great kids!

S/C/G: 272/210.6/155

Height: 5' 7"

Talking Thanks!

Thanks Kelly & Kelly! I'm going to order the @Home kit Wed. and start as soon as it gets here! Hope to see you around the board!

Kathy
Old 08-21-2005, 10:51 AM   #5  
Momma To 3 Youngins'

I do both!
Old 08-21-2005, 11:21 AM   #6  
Mom to Cameron & Chase

I do the online program and I like it alot! There are alot of tools online that make it easy. It also calculates out points and can convert recipes for you! I actually also found it was cheaper online than doing weekly meetings. I know I am late chiming in, but I am trying to get my feet in here and start posting
Old 08-28-2005, 09:22 AM   #7  

I did WW meetings years ago and was a lifetime member. Over the past several years I have watched my weight go up and up, mostly due to stress on the job. I am a stress eater. There are no meetings I can make near work or home. I have very little time during the school year. I would like to begin WW again. Could someone explain the online/at home stuff???? My schedule is crazy from mid-September to April. I need to do something easy, but still be accountable. I know in the past that going to that meeting and having someone see my weight was a HUGE motivator.
Thanks,

Susan
Old 08-28-2005, 02:20 PM   #8  

I do meetings only, but I need the support of being able to ask stupid questions. I also like knowing that their scale is absolute where mine varies daily. This forum is awesome for support so if you have the willpower to follow the rules, then you could probably just do it on your own.
Closed Thread