UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-15-2005, 03:30 PM   #1  
Super Loser in Training

Talking Different track to my new life

Am trying something new to me for losing weight. Am ignoring everything I have learnt over the last few years and doing something different. Have even got myself a wee slogan a mantra really I suppose if you'r einto those kind of things.

"If you do what you have always done, you'll get what you have always got"

Basically that thought came to me when I was outside WW about to go in and join up (again, for about the 5th time I think) and had no idea of why I was going to do that, apart from I thought I should. Obviously I need to lose weight I am over 230lbs and that fact is obvious just by looking at me. But I knew I didn't want to go back to counting points so despite my determination to lose weight I drove home. So why was I there, because I had done it before and it worked, or had it, I lost weight yes, but then I started eating and drinking again and have put it all back on.

So the next day I went into a book shop and brought a life changing (supposedly!!) book on making me thin, it is purely common sense, eat when you are hungry, move more. But now I am trying to listen to my body and this is not easy when for years I have fed it purely because I had points left to do so with, the clock said it was time to eat, I was stressed, lonely, feeling down, what ever. I have discovered I am an emotional eater so at least I have learnt something.

I have also started trying to visualise myself thin and healthy. I realised when I manage to do this (rarely!!) that I was wearing jewelry which I never do now and when I thought about it, my mind came straight back with the thought that I wasn't worthy of wearing any now. I know that will sound weird to everyone else but to me that made a lot of sense and I started to understand a few more things about myself.

So this motivational CD that I am listening to is making me think and learn about myself in ways that have stayed hidden deep for years. I know it will be a painful process, think it already is for Ray, but I think if i can face some of these demons I will be half way towards success.

Not sure if any of this makes any sense to anyone, but it has all been an eye opener to me over the last couple of weeks. It is amazing how much visualising yourself slim and healthly can make you think about everything. I am finding it very hard to do and find it even harder to listen to my body and the signals it sends to tell me when I am hungry or full.

Time will tell if I stick to this or go back to old faithful WW. Sorry I'm rambling, guess you'll get used to that, but time has taught me that I can't type and eat at the same time
Cazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 06:57 PM   #2  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Carol,
Everything makes sense luv, just do whats right for you. You know what works, less intake of food particles and more moving.. doesn't matter how you count it.

Good luck on your journey, we're here, walking beside you EVERY step of the way

Ray loves you, always remember that, just try to love yourself a bit more, as you are the one who is fighting the fight, he can't do it for you, you have to do it for yourself. That was one of my reasonings on the start of my journey, (and I've slacked off and put on again) I love me, I want to do this for ME... Dave loves me with flab and all... my kids love me, flab and all, I don't love me, flab and all, but I am learning to love me for the person I am and for the fact that after being married for nearly 20 years, having two teenage kids, that I CAN take time for ME and love MYSELF while I'm doing it Now does that rambling make any sense hehehehehehe?
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 07:10 PM   #3  

Your mantra makes sense to me.

and I am really glad you are back hee
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:46 PM   #4  
Birth Junkie!

Carol,
You should check out the No-S website...I can't remember what the website is, but if you google "No S", then it should come up. It is a cool plan that actually helps you start to eat normally. I love it and have had great success, physically and emotionally, in the time i have been doing it. anyway, it is worth checking out! Good luck to you!
doulachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 01:03 AM   #5  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

I found a NoSDiet website, not sure if that's the one. The idea makes sense, even if you don't want to follow it the way the author describes it. Anyhow, here is a synopsis:

Quote:
No S Diet:
There are just three rules and one exception:

No Snacks
No Sweets
No Seconds
Except (sometimes) on days that start with 's'
Cazzie, I think it all sounds great and I like the approach a lot. In fact, I'm looking into finding some motivational CDs for myself - not necessarily about weigh loss and dieting, but just something to help with things.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 08:00 AM   #6  

have you seen this apparently it is by the NOSdiet bloke. It made me smile.
http://www.shovelglove.com/
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 01:51 PM   #7  
Super Loser in Training

Thanks for this. I will investigate the No S stuff, sounds like the way I want to go.

I need to take all off this one day at a time and do it for me. I don't love myself enough, I've got stuck in this 'super woman' syndrome were I have the good job, the husband, the two kids and I need it all to be perfect. Need to break out of that vicious circle and smell the roses (don't like coffee!!) Ray loves me, flab and all, so I should be happy with the support of a good man.

Today I bunked off to the hairdressers at 8:30 came home, no one noticed, great !!!! But then it is all males in my house. So I disappeared again for 2 hours to the library, think I must have looked at every book in the place. But while I was gone the grass was cut and the kitchen tidied and floors swept, must disappear more often
Cazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 03:35 PM   #8  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Carol Welcome Back we've missed you..a lot.

I'm going to look at the No S stuff too may as well eh?
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 02:22 PM   #9  

Hi Carol

Its nice to meet you.
My name Carole as well with the E so nobodies going to mix us up.
I've got 2 boys too 12 and 8.
The bit about jewellery makes perfect sense to me, I used to always wear it when I went out, until I was 29 when I settled down and started puting weight on. Now I only even wear my wedding ring whether I'm going out or not (don't think it would make any difference).
Let me know how the motivational stuff gos I've always wanted to try them, but never believed it works.

Carole
chunkycarole is offline   Reply With Quote