Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2001, 09:54 AM   #1  
On my way!!

Angry Cardio Queens Unite #9

New Thread!

Sorry I messed up the last thread...having a bad day!

First of all, congrats to lbs. losers! Way to go! Second, hugs to those of us starting to have trouble...

I hate to start a new thread with a negative post, but I NEED HELP!

I have not been to the gym since before we went on vacation!! I am getting so mad at myself, but I just can't seem to get motivated!

Summer's here and we are all obviously busier, but does anyone have any ideas for getting motivated right now?

Please help!

I haven't gained, but I haven't lost either. I did Denise Austin at home a few times, but I can't get my butt to the gym! We are supposed to go this evening after work, but that hasn't been working out because we talk each other out of it.

Why am I doing this??

Womaninlove
Old 06-06-2001, 05:21 PM   #2  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

~Anne~ I enjoyed reading your post...very informative. ~WomanInLove~ Thanks for starting the new thread. I understand what you are talking about. Since I have come home from Florida, I just can't make time to get back to the gym. I was walking religiously until it started raining 9 days in a row! We are supposed to have improvements in the weather starting tomorrow I certainly hope so. I need to get moving! I don't have an answer on what will motivate us! I guess we will just have to give ourselves a talking to! I see the sun, so MAYBE tomorrow will be better except I have an appointment with the dermatologist....I try to get all my appointments in while I am home in summer, so it seems like I am cramming. I told myself that as soon as it quits raining I will be walking again! Hang in there everyone.
Old 06-06-2001, 09:30 PM   #3  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Angry WOW

Are we all on the same wavelength or what??? I've been the same way!!! I'm so glad you ladies are here to help! Since I started my summer class, I've been terrible with my eating! I've walked a lot more, but my eating has been so bad!

Isn't it the most wonderful feeling when you're totally OP and things are going well...it's like nothing can tempt you, and you look forward to exercising, whether it's hitting the gym or the trails or the sidewalk!!! I can't wait to get the feeling again!!!

Judy, Anne, Womaninlove and everyone...we need to start again! I make a promise to myself that by Monday I will be back OP! I'm even shamefully skipping my WW meeting in the morning! One more despair won't help! I'm starting anew on Monday (or Saturday, for that! ) My class is over and I'm back on first shift on Monday!

Plus, I have to start exercising and feeling good about myself. I am applying for a new job within the company and I want to look, feel and BE my best!!! Gotta get home and clean up my resume!

COME ON LADIES!!!!!

WE CAN DO IT!!!

I get kinda depressed when the days are nice out and I can't be apart of it and I'm inside working.....but no excuses. Will anyone join me and "meet me at the gym" on Monday?

Old 06-06-2001, 10:38 PM   #4  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Hi all.....I just kicked myself in the butt and said I am making time to walk before my dermatologist appointment. O.K. all of you follow. I am promising to get strict with the journaling too! .....time to get serious about it all! We are all in this together.
Old 06-07-2001, 12:08 AM   #5  
On my way!!

Angry All right!

Thank you girls!

I am really going to try to go to the gym tomorrow!

GIRLIE: you are right about feeling great OP. I want to feel that way again!

Wish me luck!

Let's do it!!!

Womaninlove[COLOR=teal]
Old 06-07-2001, 12:09 AM   #6  
On my way!!

why can't I figure out the colors, fonts, etc?????

ARGH!
Old 06-07-2001, 10:22 AM   #7  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

~WomanInLove~ Do you see the "Explorer User Prompt" box come up at the top of your screen? I think you can only use one of the options at a time....color, bold,or size or font at a time....If anyone knows any different let us know....
Old 06-07-2001, 11:25 AM   #8  
Bacon Girlie

Unhappy New Stuff

I admit this new color stuff is pretty confusing. I take it you can only either change the size, font or color but you can't do more than one? When you choose a color, the little box will show up at the top of the screen and you have to type your text in the box. I'm trying to figure out how to have say, red text and have it italicized, etc. Oh well. No biggie! This technology, eh?

Talk to you all soon!!!!!

Girlie
Old 06-07-2001, 12:21 PM   #9  
On my way!!

A-Ha! I had it in Enhanced mode for some reason...
Getting the hang of it now...will take some time
Planning on going to the gym after work with my man tonight...I MUST get there!
How are you girls doing today with your movin' and groovin'?

Womaninlove
Old 06-07-2001, 01:40 PM   #10  

You can actually use all the features at once! This is bold, itallics, large size, times font and red.

The way you do it is to first type in what you want to spice up. Then highlight that text and right click on it, choose cut. The text will dissappear and will be on your computers clipboard.

Next. Chose a function: bold, itallics, etc. When the box pops up, right click in it and paste the text you originally typed. Then press ok.

Now. Do the same thing over and over again using the different selections. Right click, cut, choose function, right click in box, paste, click ok.

Otherwise you can just type color=red font=times new roman size=e with brackets and no spaces between functions. You have to type this before and after the words you want to show up.

Hope I haven't totally confused everyone.
Old 06-07-2001, 02:08 PM   #11  

Angry

Hi There!!!

Well, I guess we have all been in a slump. I have been in one as well. I hadn't exercised since before Memorial Day.. UGH!! I weighed myself & gained 0.5 lbs..bummer! I got pissed off, put on my workout clothes & did my 2 mile tape at 9am this morning. I am going to try to make an effort to fit in my 2mile tape every morning. I figure this way I won't have the excuse that I am tired at night.

We need to stick together & kick each other in the butt.. We will all get back on track with each other's encouragement. We can do this!!!

Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 06-07-2001, 06:07 PM   #12  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

I did it! I got in a 5.3 mile walk today and it felt so good! Now I feel like I am back on track. Everyone get moving now...we can do it together....that is what is so great about the support of these boards Have a great evening and don't eat too much

Last edited by JudyK; 06-07-2001 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-07-2001, 06:23 PM   #13  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

~Nettie~ I tried cutting and pasting from your instructions and it duplicated my message every time....Do you know what I am doing wrong? Thanks for your help!
Old 06-07-2001, 07:43 PM   #14  
Bacon Girlie

Lightbulb Sigh

Hi, ladies. Hope you're all having a good day.

I haven't exercised yet...waiting until my final project and test is over tomorrow...then first thing Saturday, I'm back to the track! Yay! I'm actually looking forward to it.

I will NEVER take another 3-week class again!!!!!

Anyway, this posting stuff is just way too complicated for me! I hardly have time just to post anymore, let along figure out all the details! Judy, I'm so glad that you got your walk it! That's great!!!!Debbie, welcome back and I'm glad you posted with honesty! It makes us all feel better, believe it. We'll all get back on track again! Say hello to Denise!

Nettie, thank you for posting and I hope you're here to join us! We can use all the encouragement we can get!!!

Womaninlove We're getting back to it! How's your Sweetie doing?

Whew!! This technical stuff will drive me crazy!!!

Talk to you all soon!

Girlie
Old 06-07-2001, 10:54 PM   #15  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

~Girlie~Looks like you have all the technical stuff licked! I am still practicing!
Closed Thread