WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 05:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/172/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Points Formula

Hi!

Does anyone have the formula for figuring out points of recipes?

Thanks,
Amy
Old 07-15-2005, 12:04 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

The same way you figure points for anything else if you have the nutritional info.

POINTS = (calories/50) + (fat grams/12) - (fiber grams<capped at 4>/5)

You can figure points 1 of 3 ways:

1) add up the points per ingredient and divide by the number of servings

or

2) total up the cal/fat/fiber for each ingredient, divide each by the number of servings and use the point calculator or the above listed formula

or

3) use a program like MasterCook or the Recipe Builder at the W/W site.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:07 PM   #3  

Lightbulb

I created an Excel spreadsheet using the points formula with colums for the food name, serving size, calories, fat grams and fiber. I have two points columns, one is the straight calculation, one is the rounded calculation...this lets you see if something is a little over or a little under whatever points are usually given for the food, sometimes helpful if you're trying to be a little more specific about the points you're eating. I just add foods as I need to and keep a running list...also I made a shortcut to this spreadsheet on my desktop so I can get to it quickly.

This calculator is helpful also for calculating points for those "zero" point foods that really are some portion of a point, just multiply the calories, fat, and fiber by the number of servings and you can see when you get to a point or two points or whatever. For instance, 1 tablespoons of sugar free jam rounds to zero points, but in reality is .2 points, so 5 servings gets you to one point. I sometimes cook with sugar free jam, so that was helpful for me to know.

Last edited by caspergirl; 08-20-2005 at 08:28 PM.
Closed Thread