South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 04:55 PM   #1  

Unhappy Hi there Everyone... NEED HELP!!!

I guess I should have posted my introduction here... Still trying to get used the forum structure on this Website but I'm gettin' there. Thanks for the posts yesterday regarding my questions on whether I was eating enough... And about the PMS thing girls. I think that is definitely a cause for my weight loss slow-down and I am trying to drink extra water to compensate for the PMS water retention thing

I also had one quick question about Phase II ??? Can I stay in Phase I for another week since it is working so well or do I NEED to move to Phase II??? I am just so afraid of the Weight Loss slowing down so much on Phase II and I only have like another 15 to go for my Goal Weight I am also afraid of those cravings coming back -- I mean I am one of those people who used to love to eat and would crave stuff all day long and since Day 2 (I am on Day 11 now) I have had NO CRAVINGS and I am so worried that when I try to add some of the Good Carbs back in as suggested in Phase II that my cravings will come back and it will be all over for me... HELP -- NEED ENCOURAGEMENT!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 05:08 PM   #2  

Hi Merri, welcome to the forum and the beach!
Yes , you can stay on phase 1 a week or so longer... When you decide to move to phase 2 folks would slowly add the phase 2 foods back into their WOE. Perhaps the first days of phase 2 add back a piece of fruit a day.. see how you react emotionally and "physically"..If you know that bread is a trigger for you, add a WW english muffin for breakfast and see how you do with that. Keep your water intake up and eat lots of veggies! The ladies here will have soo many words of wisdom, support and information... Good Luck and Welcome again
Old 07-14-2005, 05:35 PM   #3  

Hi Merri-I'm also rather new to this (on day 6) and share in your indecision. I actually started this while PMSing and as a result haven't seen the scale move as of yet. As for staying on Phase 1-I'm actually going to start Phase 2 early-I find Phase 1 easy (like you I had constant cravings, then none for the past 5 days) but I don't want to get too used to it-know what I mean? My understanding is that Phase 1 is strictly as a detox-to help get rid of cravings and lose excess water. Regardless of what plan you do it's rare to lose more than 2lbs per week of FAT, anything above and beyond is often muscle mass (and water). Sure water weight looks nice on a scale but it is soooo unstable. I fear that if I stay on Phase 1 much longer I'll be too afraid to leave. So doing another week or so is FINE but ask why are you doing it-to get closer to your goal faster? Or out of fear of change? Bc if it's fear, it will still be there in another week. What if your weightloss slows while still in Phase 1? Will that be ok or will it make you even more leary of moving to Phase 2? On the flipside it's also important to feel ready and prepared to move on or you might find yourself back on Phase 1 and feeling discouraged. Oh boy, I'm talking in circles-sorry! Anyway you're not alone.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:37 PM   #4  

Just Jess... SPOT ON! Ya gotta figure out the reason you are staying longer on phase 1... Good 4 U!
Closed Thread