Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2005, 03:34 PM   #1  
I CAN do this!

Default Feeling Down after a bad day!

I'm not really sure what my "ideal" caloric intake should be... but I've been aiming for about 1600, most days (for the week and a half I've been counting) I've hit it almost exactly...

Yesterday my husband and I went out of town for a day trip and I ended up eating fried fish (although I'm proud to say I only ate 1 piece instead of the 3 they gave me!) and a Meatball Sandwich from Subway...

I totaled out at 2081 calories total for yesterday and that just has me down...

I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but it made me feel down! Although today I'm making up for it, I had healthy oatmeal for breakfast, a salad (with grilled chicken breast) for lunch and dinner will probably be healthy as well...

I guess my big question is how do I find out how many calories I need on a daily basis?? I looked at the calculator here on 3fc and it said 3500 to maintain which would be 2500-3000 to lose!! That sounds insane! Does anyone know of other calculators out there? Just so I can double reference?
LegallyBrunette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:01 PM   #2  

I wouldn't buy that amount of calories for a minute! I would not lose on that..
Some of these calculators aren't 100%..
My fit day says I can burn up to over 3000 in a day with the excersize I'm doing.. I'm eating between 1300 and 1500 a day and have been averaging a little less than 2 lbs. a week loss.. that tells me that number can't be exact for me or I would be losing 3 lbs. a week.. you figure 3500 calories is a lb. So reducing 500 calories a day should add up to a lb. a week.. I'm reducing 1500 calories a day and still only losing less than 2 lbs.. I think it varies on an individual basis and you have to get to know what your body will burn.. If you are losing on the calorie intake you are consuming at the rate you want and that is healthy you are probably doing ok.. if you aren't you probably need to reduce the calories more or add more excersize.. I would use these calculators loosely and get to know how your body reacts at different calorie consumptions. I know I have heard general rule of thumb that you don't want to go below 1200.. I'm sure some of our experts will be along with some better advise.. but just wanted to get something back to you.. Hope you have a great day!
dona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:52 PM   #3  
I CAN do this!

After reading some other threads here on 3FC, I've realized how off those calculators really are!!

My new aim is to be between 1300-1600 at least for now, which is a big change!! I entered my old average into fitday and... woah!! I was at 3000+ so that's insane!
LegallyBrunette is offline   Reply With Quote