PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 07-13-2005, 01:00 PM   #1  
banned

Question WW pcos chat group?

anyone wanna start a support group?
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:29 AM   #2  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

OOOOOhhhhh I'm IN! I have been following WW for 4 weeks now. I have lost 13.5 lbs on it. I was diagnosed with PCOS while trying to conceive my first son July 2000. I am currently nursing my second son 13 Mos. Old and on Glucophage 2000mg. a day. I am still at least 45lbs overweight after losing 32.5 already. Ienjoy this ww lifestyle more and have stuck with it (I was following an IR diet first and lost some weight on it however I tend to binge on those low carb diets and have a hard time sticking with it) I have been walking for 30-35 mins a day 5 days a week -since march 01. I love this site for the support!!! Chime in and intro yourself!!
kellyjoiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:26 AM   #3  

I am in too. I have been doing WW since the middle of May. I have lost a total of 24lbs (17.8 of which is on WW, and the other 6.5 before getting my official starting weight). I still have a way to go, 87lbs. I am hoping to be under 200 by Halloween! Last time I did WW I lost about 60lbs but through the years I have gained it all back. I know I can do it this time!!!

I was dx with PCOS right after my hystro in 1997. I was never able to have biological children but I adopted my daughter 3 years ago. She is my biggest blessing along with my hubby.

If you don't hear from me for a few days I am going on a small trip and will be back towards the end of next week.

Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:36 PM   #4  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Lisa, GLAD to meet ya! Children, no matter what way they are "concieved" whether in a heart or womb are a blessing yes? Have a great trip and we will be here when you get back! Great to hear about the loss and to see success is so much better for me! I am doing ww here at home (someone gave me the books and points sliders) and it has too been working for me.
kellyjoiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 06:30 PM   #5  
banned

hi kelly! bhi lisa!
sorry i havent been here...i 4got i posted this. lol. wtg guys!!! to date, i have lost almost 29 lbs and i still have like 10 to go to get back to the max goal ww set but im aiming for the lower end bc i dont maintain easily so that would keep me in middle. happy saturday!
Old 07-18-2005, 08:41 PM   #6  
banned

hi lisa...hi kelly.....wassup you guys? did ya have a good day i hope? i did. do u guys like zucchini? ive got an easy, low point concoction. i sliced a small zucchini into small pieces and mixed in a small amount of crushed tomatoes and sprayed w pam and 1/4 c low fat mozz and baked it. it was so yumm! zucchini is free so id say the whole dish was only like 3 points