Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-13-2005, 09:18 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Wednesday Chat - July 13th

Good Morning,

Just plopping in to say

BBL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang

Leenie are you at work? how is dd doing?

I got up early and did a 30 minute 2.5 mile Walk & Jog video this morning

July Miles = 8.5

And of course, it is busy at work. Will check back later gaters.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:22 AM   #3  

Good morning!

Had to get up and moving today...........dog needs to be dropped at the groomers.....and then I have a doctors appointment...ears are congested since summer cold........feel like I am sitting on the bottom of a pool.......vision is changing.......starting to hold things farther and farther away......have an infection in my eyes as well........just falling apart!

Anyhow I have to run..I am off now until Sunday. Going to the outdoor pool today......and have a new deck set being delivered....I have piles of laundry to do......can't stay ahead of it.......need to do a few other things each day too!

Had a great shift last night.

Talk soon!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:30 AM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

Hey everyone.....OK I give up. WHAT is a *migrastick*???? something for a migraine or something to exercise with?
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:33 AM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

Hey Kier: Good thinking on prepping yourself for plan B while waiting for Plan A.

I had the day off yesterday, had all sorts of plans to do work on the homestead....but it didn't happen....It was TOM...and it was a doozy!!!! Cheeeeeze, I actually had to lay down the cramps were so strong....so I gave myself the day off and relaxed for most of the day.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:20 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies:
Last night was the DR and he said my depression is probably Biologically based ( My whole fam has depression) He gave me wellbutrin and Day 1 i know the depression effects won't show for a few days but my body feels great I did not doze at my desk today and my balance is better.
What is a Migrastick?
Marble Thanks for all your support lady! I still owe you the PM we didn't get home till 11 and then I just crumpled.
Liz you might need some duct tape to hold you together Sometimes I wish I had some
Cathy you rock! I can't wait till I get WATP so I can clock some miles!
Leens How are you? Hows DD?
bbiab
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:46 AM   #7  

A Migrastick is a little roll-on tube of lavender and mint essences for headaches that actally works. Made in Quebec. You probably burn about 3.5 calories applying it...
Carla
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:48 AM   #8  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Morning all,

Kierie, great news on the Wellbutrin. It's amazing once you find out that depression isn't all made up, it's easier to accept and get help for. I remember that feeling of happiness that finally I was going to feel better.

Liz, you are just too busy. I sure hope you feel better. I would imagine that if you already feel like your at the bottom of a pool, jumping in one wouldn't be good for the ears.

Marble, I hope you feel better today. TOM came to visit this morning so I know how you feel.

My son's girlfriend is coming over today so that we can lounge in the pool. DS isn't coming with. I love Cathleen like my own daughter, so it's going to be a great day. I made progress on my sweater last night and plan to do some more today. I did all my chores the last two days so I really get to be a bum (other than the usual daily chores ->taking care of the dogs).

Hope you all are doing great and I'll be lurking the rest of the day to see how things are going.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 01:04 PM   #9  

Hey Marie..........enjoy your pool..No I won't be jumping in the pool....but I have such a feeling of well being in the water that I wouldn't miss an opportunity to go float for a while and read my book under the umbrella.

I am packing a lovely lunch........juice, veggies,pita wraps........

Doc says I am ok without the duct tape for now Ko .........but I am sure the need is soon arising!

Have a great day everyone!

LIz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:31 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon all

Boy oh boy does everyone sound busy. It makes me feel like a fat ol slug sitting here We finally have some sunshine so hopefully that will help. Got blessed with a sinus headache last night that I just can't shake. Obviously decided I needed to share that cold that everyone else seems to have.
Quiet weekend for us, dh got home sat night and then left sun morn. He had to go to Calgary and then up to Alaska, so we won't be seeing him for 10 days. Dd17 has been practicing her driving, she has been doing really well around here on all our backroads. She thinks she has the confidence to try the highway, so I may have to let her drive to return library books next. Dd 15 has been busy with her summer schooling. She had to take her math 9. She wouldn't go to the regular summer school so she is going through the distant education school. But they have her one paper on back order and its not expected to come for another week. It should be interesting what we do about her tests as the first one is coming up.
B and B is coming on Friday to pick up stuff, so the girls and I have to get our butts in gear and get cleaning and get stuff ready for them.
Anywho should go, sorry about the novel, just wanted to say hi and got carried away.
Take care all, K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:20 PM   #11  
I CAN DO THIS

Good Evening Ladies,

Just popping in to say hi.. Finally got back on my diet though I am still having a few bumps in the road in getting started.. I have been exercising.. I walk to much.. I'll have to start keeping track of my miles again.. I've also been hitting the strider, doing sit ups and some weights..

Work is going good.. I Love my new job.. been there 3 weeks and 3 days and the company got quarterly bonus checks today (I didn't get one, still to new) My department got $318 (before taxes) each which is the highest they've ever gotten so I know what to look for next quarter.. So it's all good

Home life is there and that's it for now.. I'm trying to ignore it for a few days and then look at everything that needs to be fixed or changed and then do one thing at a time..

Weather is nasty here.. We are getting the storm from the hurricane.. T-storms and on/off showers.. I got caught in the rain while riding my bike, but it felt so good to just ride through natures storm..

Long story short.. I have never really been a real christian person.. I never go to church anymore.. My son's grandmother use to force it down my throat and I ended up telling her that My religion is this .... and my son and I were never going again.. Well my friend has been talking about her church and every time I see her asks me to go.. I keep telling her we'll - see and so on.. Last Sunday she invited me to Youth Group.. and I decided to go check it out. I thought it was ok and told her I would probably put Jay and Kiara in it, but I'm still not sure if I'm ready to go to church again.. My religion isn't the same anymore.. I am very opened minded about all religions but.. I'm still a little off center on what I will do.. I told her Jay and Kiara will make up their own minds.. If they don't want to go I will not force them..

Yes I am just babbling away.. It feels good to just type today.
Well Have to run and give the baby a kiss and then go home.
Hope everyone has a wonderful evening and a Thrilling Thursday

/hugs
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:01 AM   #12  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone, I hope you had a great day. I floated on the pool and just relaxed in the sun. It was a great time. I also worked on my knitting and finished all of the pieces. I just have to sew them up now so there is hope that I will finish it by a week from tomorrow (when I leave for the Alaskan Cruise). Well have a great night and I'll chat with you in the morning.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:53 AM   #13  
Oooo Silly Me!

Carla – thank you for the offer about the migrastick. I will go check out Sav-On drug store this weekend and see what I can find out about it or something like it. I liked your answer to what is a migrastick… burning 3.5 calories when applying… love it!

Liz – doesn’t it just seem like when it pours it rains? I’ve been getting back into the grove after being out of commission for two weeks cause of my foot. Now that I’m up and going again, I go and kick my coffee table and bruise my big toe to the point of where it hurts to walk… But it hasn’t affected my water aerobics.

I’m sooooo wiped out! Today was my first day at water aerobics. It was fun! But WOW! What a workout. My friend and I got there about 20 minutes late because wegot tied up in our physics class. I’m looking forward to going again

I hope everyone is doing well… I’m so tired I’m gonna hit the sack.

Ni Ni Everyone…
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:17 AM   #14  

Warning!! I'm on my Ashlie, I've always felt that religious convictions are a very personal thing, and I would greatly resent any "friend" trying to guilt me into adopting hers. I am more impressed by a non-believer leading an exemplary life than by someone hiding behind religion while living without tolerance for others and kindess. From what I've been able to infer, most religions feel that they believe in the one true god and hold the only truth. It seems to me that Allah, God, Jehovah and the others are all one and the same, just interpreted differently by different cultures.

All of this to say that I think you should follow your heart on this and not just avoid making waves. A true friend might be sad to feel you had not been "saved", but would respect your position as she expects you to respect hers.

Carls
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote