Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-11-2005, 03:23 PM   #1  

Default Ben-Gay take me away

Well this is my first week on this site, my 10th year of dieting. Been kicking up the workout schedule, I think I finally understand that you have to build muscle, but does it have to hurt so much? Started a class at my gym with the bf this past sunday, "basic" training, I "basically" learned just how out of shape i am. Who knew that a dip was painfull, the only dip's i have known are at baskin robbins. Here's a reality check while drying my hair later in the locker room, i see the instructor smiling and putting on her make up, keep in mind it's killing me to hold up the hair dryer myself.

So i am off again tonight for a date with the elipitical machine, and my ben gay & tylenol. Trying to stick to 3 days of cardio, 2 days of lifting, one day for raquetball and the last Sunday for basic training, I am very watchfull though and if i don't feel like it's smart for me to go I don't. Hoping for some support from others.

Amy
lilpiggy82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:37 PM   #2  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Isn't a little soreness rewarding though? It shows that your muscles are responding to your hard work!
I think when you first push yourself the pain is kind of the worst but it does get a little easier. You`re doing the right thing by paying attention to how your body feels and not over working muscles.
Have fun on your date!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:12 PM   #3  

Did you do some serious stretching after your workout? For a 25-minute resistance/strength training workout, I stretch each muscle group with different stretches, for a total of about 5 to 7 minutes. I usually don't have any achiness, but if/when I do, it is usually minor.
byugrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:57 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Hi Amy your title ''BenGay take me away'' made me chuckle ! I guess you shocked your body didn't ya ? Are you starting to workout 5 - 6 days/week after a long break? IF so take it easy for the first 3-4 weeks to give your body time to get used to all this activity. You may injure yourself because your muscles and tendons are not well prepared and conditionned to exercising ....If you injure yourself then you woudn't be any further ahead , would you? So just be careful, take your time you've got a lifetime because health and fitness is for LIFE!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote