Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 10:06 AM   #1  

Question More Food Questions Phase #1

Questions all relate to phase #1

1. For breakfast can I have both eggs and cottage cheese? Can I eat the yolk too?

2. Are there any free foods I can munch on if I am starving?

3.For the Taco Bake that has rave reviews I got the organic fat free refried beans but it seems to have some carbs, is this right?

4. I looked for the neuf. cream cheese and found that the fat free has less of everything is it ok to use this instead?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Kimberly
Old 07-11-2005, 10:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Kimberly,

I just started Phase 1 again today, and will try to help you out on this as far as I can, but I would say it really is best if you can get the book (maybe from your library if you're on a budget) as it explains HOW SBD works and is very motivational.

Q1 ...Yes eggs are permitted, you can eat the whole egg. Actually eggs are actually encouraged on SBD! Cottage cheese is fine also, as long as its fat free or low fat.

Q2 free foods, loads of snack ideas, veggies, hummus, Laughing cow cheese triangles, you can have 15 almonds each day or 30 pistachio's (they make great snacks but do limit the amount)

Q3 Beans are encouraged in Phase 1. Try 1/3 to 1/2 a cup of legumes with both lunch and dinner. The Taco Bake recipe at this forum is totally Phase 1 legal. SBD is not a low carb diet, its a good carb good fat diet. The carbs you may not eat in P1 are starches such as rice, pasta, bread, potatoes etc etc

Q4 I cant help with this one...someone else will have an anser though, I'm sure

Good luck and as I said do try to get a copy of the book - it lists all your foods and is essential to getting the most benefit from the SBD.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

oops I forgot to say check out the Phase 1 emergency handbook thread at the top of this page and here is a link that gives you all the legal foods for phase 1

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49548
Old 07-11-2005, 11:46 PM   #4  

Thank you for all the help!
Closed Thread