Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 06:43 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekly Chat: July 11th - 17th

Good Morning Ladies

How was your weekend?

I didn't do so good with my eating, I didn't do REAL bad like I normally do but y'know.

I'm all stocked up with salad stuff, veggies, LC frozen meals, turkey, so the guess work is not gonna happen this week.

How about you ?
Old 07-11-2005, 08:50 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

You're smart to stock up, Leenie. I predict a good week for you.

Yesterday all I ate was three large Tootsie Rolls and a large bag of Doritos. I lost two pounds! New diet!!
It's really really hot again this week. I'm going to stop stuffing myself with crap, and get some good veggies and good carbs into me.

I've just dropped my DD at summer school, DH has left for work, and DS is still sleeping. I'm ALONE with my coffee and computer!!

What's everyone else up to?
Old 07-11-2005, 11:24 AM   #3  

Good morning ladies! I had a pretty good weekend. I stuck to my plan pretty well. I ate a little extra on Friday night, but I try not to worry about that too much. I don't do a planned splurge day or meal, but my weekends normally end up a little over 1300.

I was very proud of myself on Saturday night. My husband wasn't home and I had ice cream as my evening snack. I've been eating fruit w/yogurt or cool whip for about a month now. Ice cream has always kind of been a food that is way too easy for me to overeat. I measured out my 1 cup and ate just that! It was very exciting. I wanted to go back for more and I talked myself out of it. Usually when I am home alone I will eat anything that moves. I am conquering these demons one at a time.

I will be on plan all week for food/exercise. 4 days strength training, 5 days of cardio - 1300 calories or less.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:36 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Ellis babe, just one bag of doritos? you go girl

Melissa, bravo on the self control. Ice cream is something that I can stay away from but if I do have some, I wind up eating way more than one portion. I usually crave cake or chips, chocolate. Stuff like that I can't even have in my house b/c no matter how much I promise myself I will not eat it, I wind up eating it all.

Today for lunch I'm having and LC meal with a whole load of veggies on the side. Those little meals are not enuf to fill the pit so the extra veggies will help.

I have to get serious w/dieting, my arthritis in my knees hurts really bad and I know if I lose weight it will help so much. Plus give me energy I am so lacking.

Oh... I'm home today, DD isn't feeling to well.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:57 PM   #5  

This week I am going to try some different dinner dishes. I usually have fish 2-3 nights I love to make something with crabmeat this week, or clams, havent had clams in years
Old 07-14-2005, 08:14 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Ladies

Well I'm doing okay this week, but the first night I screwed up royally. OHHH what a tangled web we weave LOL

How's everyone hanging in there?

ITS HOT AND STICKY IN JERSEY PHEEEEEEEEEEW !!!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 09:56 AM   #7  

I am hanging in. I was thinking way too much this morning about just how EASY it is to give up and be "fat" again. I really, really, really didn't want to get out of bed and go to the gym. But I did.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:11 AM   #8  

Good morning, girls!

Another hot one here, too. This is so environmentally incorrect, but I'm seriously thinking of picking up an air-conditioner next week. I just can't live like this... all I'm doing is lying around reading and eating.
Needless to say, I have NOT being doing well eating-wise this week. It's been a chip week. curses.

Congratulations to you "losers"!
Old 07-14-2005, 10:57 AM   #9  

This sounds like the place for me. I've struggled with weight so long, I don't even know where to start. Basically my highest weight was 277. In 2001 I was diagnosed with a liver problem I lost about 35 pounds, then a year later it was back, then I've worked for the last almost 2 years at weight watchers. I'm only down to 265, but that is down, so I"m happy. It's a constant struggle. I believe that if I could stop the binges, I could make progress. It's like success breeds failure for me. I struggle along and work and work so hard, I finally start making progress, then boom, It's all right back??? Why do I do that....

Anyway, maybe ya'll can be some help.

Tina, IL
(42, mom to Erin 17, Becca 15, Hondo 13 and Adam 6)
Old 07-14-2005, 09:38 PM   #10  
Staying present

Welcome Ebhamom and hi ladies!!

Haven't been around lately... busy at work. Have been feeling sluggish about everything lately. My emotions have been getting the best of me lately and I'm trying to reign them in... It's a challenging thing and the little accomplishments aren't as satisfying a they once were. I know this is just a frame of mind... so I'm tying to focus my mind when it's all over the place (a challenge for me).

Glad you're all hanging in there.
Take it easy!!
Old 07-14-2005, 11:07 PM   #11  
I CAN do this!

Hello Ladies,
I think I may have found my place!

I have fought weight the last 5 years, gaining 120 pounds!! I've tried and tried to diet, and lose the weight...but I just can't stop eating!

I looked into OA in my area, but there's nothing... not within an hour of me, and there's no way I can justify driving more than an hour for something like that! So hopefully this board can help me a little
Old 07-15-2005, 08:40 AM   #12  

Tina and LegallyBrunette, welcome!
We're so glad you've decided to join us.

Tina, I am so with you re: the binging. I don't eat badly, either, but it's those darned binges that put me right over the edge. I can't believe the number of calories I consume in one sitting.

Wandlust, you're a very wise woman to focus on mindfulness. Keep it up, hon!

LegallyBrunette (love the name! ), are you doing any particular diet, or are you winging it?

I'm almost ready to get back on track. Next Thursday (payday), I'm going to stock up on healthy foods. And an air-conditioner. And I'm going to spend this week looking through my recipes and making plans. I just CAN'T cook in this terrible heat, and I'm "short-cut eating" with junk.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:14 PM   #13  

Hi Tina and LegallyBrunette, welcome!

Good luck getting back on track Ellis!

I rode my bike in to work this morning (17.4 miles according to this bike odometer, my other bike always says 18.2 - Weird!) so I didn't get to the gym to do my normal weigh in. Which is probably fine because TOM just showed up this morning anyway. BUT next Wednesday is my birthday and I have two planned splurge days - Wed w/ mom and Sat w/hubby. So I don't think I will want to weigh in then either. We'll see.

Last night I made a WW Beef Stroganoff recipe. It was okay, nothing special. I ate a little over a serving for dinner. Then right before bed while my hubby was upstairs I snuck probably another 1/2 serving. Why the heck do I do crap like that?

I am riding my bike home too, so it will be over 1000 calories burned today. We are making BBQ Chicken Pizzas for dinner tonight. I hope their good!
Old 07-15-2005, 01:25 PM   #14  
I CAN do this!

I am counting calories... I've tried every fad diet and it's never worked, so I figured I'd try it this way...

Oh, and I just got Dr. Phil's book... haven't begun reading yet though...
Old 07-15-2005, 04:56 PM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi and Welcome !!!

It sounds like each of you have a plan.

Night time eating is rough, even those little sneaks. I've been doing alot better at night but I tell yah. The other night I had a hand full of pretzles before bed and I got up a few hours later w/an upset stomach. I always get a tummy ache if I eat b/4 bed but you would think that would stop me...nahhhhhhhhhhh. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment lol.

Ellis I hear ya on the cooking in the heat. Today for dinner I had a big ol bowl of cold cereal. I had lean cuzines for dinner this week but today I just couldn't down another one. What are you planning on cooking ? I really need to do some pre-cooking for next week's dinners as well. Lunches are easy, salad!

LegallyB, I have Dr. P's book to and every time I pick it up to read I get a paragraph into it and bam, my daughter starts bugging me (which I don't mind, she's my sweetiepie).

Squshie, how's your seafood extravaganza ? lol

Melissa, burning 1000 calories, YOU ROCK!!! thats teriffic. I sware at this weight I just don't have the energy to move my body. I've been trying to do a little at a time so I guess thats better than nothing.

Wander, the mind can really play some wicked games on us. Hang in there and hopefully your rut will end soon. Is it anything you can pin point it on ? most of the time for me, when I get really down, its for no reason, it just happens.

Hi Tina, you have to give yourself credit for not giving up. We're here for you !!!

I wish there was an OA by me. There's one about 40 minutes away but the meetings are like 10:30 am during the week so thats out w/my work schedule

How about us meeting in the Chat Room here once a week???? do you think this would help?

Hugs, Leenie
Closed Thread