Old 07-05-2005, 08:35 AM   #1  
Mikey's girl

Question Help!!!

I think I am going CRAZY!! My BMR says I need 1784 CALORIES!!! I tihnk that IS CRAZY! I did it on 3 different sites!! 23 212 lbs 5 '7 <67 inches> SOMEONE ANYONE CAN THIS BE RIGHT???
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:41 AM   #2  
I'm lovin my scale

That sounds about right to me. The BMR is the amount of calories you need to maintain your weight. Remember,when you're trying to lose weight you cut 500 calories from your BMR in order to lose 1 lb per week. This means you'd need to eat around 1200 calories per day in order to lose 1 lb per week.
Christine
imsexydamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:26 PM   #3  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Yup - sounds right, Christine hit it on the nose. And remember, that number is RESTING - so any exercise or body movement you add to that will increase the amount of food you can eat and still lose weight.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:39 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I heard that you shouldn't go below your BMR because your body will go into starvation mode. your BMR is the amount of calories you burn, as Jenicra rightly said, when you do sweet F.A. Just keeping you alive your body burns that amount of calories! Sweet huh? So you can eat 1700 or whatever and will probably lose weight if you do a little exercise!

Oooh, also remember that the recommended daily calorie intake is 2000 calories, and that's based on a "normal" weight person (that's for weight maintenance). Being overweight means that you naturally burn off more calories in a day because your body is doing more work to keep you upright! So to maintain, you probably need about 2500 cals or maybe more! So you see 1700 isn't really a lot.

Last edited by 2frustrated; 07-06-2005 at 05:41 AM.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote