Old 07-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #1  
Looking for Thin

Unhappy Goodbye, Dear pop

Okay, today is the official day that I say goodbye to my beloved pop . I am not going to let it hinder my weight loss efforts anymore. It will be an occasional treat that I will visit but not an everyday nuisance. I have a new best friend. His name is water. I have to say goodbye to these unwanted pounds. THe only way to do that is to get rid of the pop and to go on with my efforts. I am also going to up my exercise. I have to do what it takes to get this weight off. I'm going to stick to my goals and reach my milestones. I see the new healthier me around the corner.
squiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 01:52 PM   #2  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Way to go, Shelley

A hard change to make...but I know you can do it

I'm sure it won't be too long before water is truly your best friend!!!

Go, Shelley, go....go, Shelley, go!!!!!

You can do it!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 02:02 PM   #3  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Good for you, Shelley! The first few days/weeks might be difficult, but If you lay off it, I bet you in a few weeks you'll barely even miss it.

I make up that concentrated juice stuff for hubby. 3 months ago I was drinking at least ½ litre a day; now I can't believe how overly sweet it tastes. My mainstay is water, though I occasionally allow myself a tin of diet pop if I'm out and thirsty.

Good luck to you.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:30 AM   #4  
Looking for Thin

Talking Day one Done

I did it. I went went without pop today. I'm so happy. I'm going to bed knowing that I accomplished something today. I am so proud of myself. I also stayed within my calorie range. I always have to many calories from the pop. I need to learn how to balance that out with more healthful food. I only had 776 calories today. I drank 60 oz of water and did 20 minutes on my elliptical. I'm so happy!
squiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 02:49 AM   #5  
Laura

GOOD FOR YOU!

Cola is something I had to give up too - like you, I'm making it an occassional treat (1 time per week or less). I keep diet vanilla pepsi (the only diet drink I like) around the house in case I have a craving - that does the trick. I still can't drink a whole can of diet though. :barf

But you are doing something good - it really is so bad for you - and those calories really add up! GOOD WORK!
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 04:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

All right, Squiggly! What a great accomplishment!!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 08:28 PM   #7  

I gave up pop too, after I used to drink 4-5 a day at minimum. I could run through a 24-pack like no one's business. Then one day I just decided to stop, and I did. Surprisingly, it didn't bother me at all. One day I just stopped, and I didn't even really have any cravings or problems whatsoever. Wish you the same luck.
Rtael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 09:31 PM   #8  
One day at a time...

Squiggly,this morning I woke up and looked in our fridge and I found that guy Pop you said bye to. Not sure how he ended up here, but thanks to your note today, I gave him away to our neighbor.
April_Showers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 09:32 PM   #9  
Live for the Moment!

WAY TO GO SHELLEY!!

I know how hard it is to give up the pop... I myself, was a Pepsi addict. I've now limited myself and only have it as a treat! However, I'm still on the diet pop as I love having a can of something with my lunch so that's the next bad habit I need to kick!

Here's to a Pop Free day tomorrow
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

WTG Shelley. It should get easier each day.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:38 PM   #11  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Tea helped me give up Coca-Cola. And the anti-oxidants are so much better for the bod than the carbination (which depletes the bones of calcium).

You are doing GREAT Shelly. Keep it up!

April! WOW !!! You're an inspiration!
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:46 PM   #12  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Good for you. I know how hard it is to give up things like that. I bet after a while you will wonder how you ever could ever drink it all the time.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 312/174/150

Great job. Find what works for you and stick with it. A trick a friend of mine tried was getting the worst, generic pop she could find. That helped her realize it wasn't that great and she easily transitioned into other beverages.

I don't consider diet pop a bad thing. I get get non caffinated versions and will drink it a few times a week. To me that works as a much more liveable solution than to give it up altogether. I prefer ice water....and actually crave it.

With all the no/low calorie versions of pop out there, I cannot understand why there is such a draw to the regular pop.
Burgie is offline   Reply With Quote